Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Superlordspamulon
      Spectator

I was busy with the Tour History, and came across this cover song, which the Pumpkins played in Australia (together with Billy Corgan’s brother Jesse on tambourine). I have been a life long fan of Pink Floyd, and this Set The Controls is actually my goose bumps song of The Floyd. I was, of course, very curious what the Pumpkins would make out of it. Judge yourself, but I think it’s awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI_B3zhIsmA[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

:D
      great cover

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m downloading the 2008-04-06 V Festival, Perth gig as we speak. They did Set The Controls there.

If you want I can make an MP3 for you here?

blueczarina
      Spectator

That would be cool. I think maybe I will check out the original too :)

They have a thread about this cover song on thepumpkins.net too. Some of the people were at the concert and they said Billy didn’t even introduce his brother until after the performance both nights. I like the song, but i think maybe he should have introduced Jesse. A lot of people said they thought he just had some fool on stage. It probably would have been more considerate where his brother was concerned. Other than that though, I like the perfomance. Its a cool song.

Arthur
      Spectator

Here is already an MP3 of this performance (Friday 4th April 2008 – Festival Hall, Melbourne).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t5cjdq

blueczarina
      Spectator

Cool, thanks. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

That would be cool. I think maybe I will check out the original too :) [/quote:1emxnwoq]
      Then make sure you watch "Pink Floyd – Live at Pompeii". Awesome!

(look for the original 1971 movie on this DVD, the director’s cut is so-so…)

Arthur
      Spectator

Here’s the other version.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e6jftn

blueczarina
      Spectator

cool, thanks :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Nice one, cheers A.

I’m addicted to David Gilmour and Bowie’s Arnold Layne currently, just can’t play it once at a time only… :)

ItsNotBeLOWme
      Spectator

awesome, just awesome……………I been dyin to hear this since i saw it on their newest setlists, very groovy indeed………………I would love to hear ’em cover \"let there be more light\" or \"corporal clegg\" too!

Arthur
      Spectator

Hey ItsNotBeLOWme! Welcome here, hope you like it here in future.

Sorry I couldn’t welcome you a bit sooner, but I was kinda busy, and that Dazey things and all… Anyway, see you around a bit more I hope, as a fellow Pumpkins fan! :lol:

ItsNotBeLOWme
      Spectator

Hello Arthur, thanks for the welcome aboard!

I will mos def be frequently stoppin in. I love this place, seems like good people, good times, and good finds!

I once had a myspace page called \"Send this file over to you\". Had a good time with it sharing and collecting songs and such…………but it is no more, shut down and wiped out. :evil:

then my computer crashed and I lost a great deal of my audio files collection. Total bummer- especially considering I didnt think to burn most of the stuff to cd

great place ya gots here :D

I once had a myspace page called "Send this file over to you". Had a good time with it sharing and collecting songs and such…………but it is no more, shut down and wiped out. :evil:[/quote:36y3h733]
      To be fair, you did it on myspace. Not exactly discrete, huh?

(in the future – be subtle, use private messages, and share files through torrent. Well, when dealing with copyrighted stuff :wink: )

Viewing 13 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.