Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Dazey
      Spectator

\"I have little desire to go into the details, but suffice it to say, my life as thir13en has undergone some extremely severe changes of late, and the name was derived out of something that was personal to me but that is now no more. ’nuff said, it’s dead. I appreciate the love and the praise (and even the hate) that has been tossed my way over the past 4 to 5 years. It was a good ride, but it had to end sometime, and it just did. Thank you all very kindly. Peace.\" – Late 2009.

Salutes always to thir13en for the great work and best wishes – the end is the beginning is the end (late 2009):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5p72nv

Anonymous
      Spectator

thx Dazey ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks Dazey :)

Spaceboye
      Spectator

I have always appreciated the work thir13en has done.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Thanks Dazey! 8)

i downloaded it last night. thank you Dazey ♥

Arthur
      Spectator

Merci beaucoup, monsigneur Daze. Tu est un personne tres tres… extraordinaire. 8)

Sven
      Spectator

been really busy lately- must have missed this and something—

so: someone just leaked what??? :)

and:
      if it is: Avalon…
      which version is it??? :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

been really busy lately- must have missed this and something—

so: someone just leaked what??? :)

and:
      if it is: Avalon…
      which version is it??? :)[/quote:16bzexe2]

Merely an awesome homage to the late 13 Remaster-rer. :) Here’s the readme of said file, I just converted it down to .mp3 (the ultimate sin to some!):

"Smashing Pumpkins
      1988-08-10
      Avalon
      Chicago, IL

I’m one of those that climbed aboard in 1991 from the moment I heard "I Am One". I was freaked by what I heard, and dug in for the next decade as a dedicated fan. Of course for most of us "freaks", that means going backwards. The inevitable question becomes "…where did these guys come from?" and "…how did this all happen, just like that?"

Clearly, it doesn’t happen "just like that". There is an embryonic stage to all of it, even Jimi spent time laying mediocre chops over The Isley Brothers and Little Richard tracks. Yea, I said it, mediocre. But the great will come, as we all know now. But this is the medicore embryonic stage of the Pumpkins. The foundation is there, but it’s weak and at times it struggles to be engaging. The songwriting maturity is still just around the corner, so I certainly wouldn’t put this in my top rotation of SP shows, but it’s an important link in the chain.

And of course the other question that comes to mind, why is it that in 1988 we got a pretty decent soundboard but by 1991-92 they were hard to come by?

Process: Waves REN EQ>Waves REN COMP>Waves S1>BBE-SM2>Waves L3 MM>FLAC."

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘Trading Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.