Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/pages/b … ive-blog-7

from sp.com, Quinto blog:

Additionally, if you want to get your hands on one-of-a-kind rarities found in the SP vault, we are going to set up a memorabilia division. We are going to be selling rare and one-of-a-kind items through eBay. These might include authentic autographs, and rare artifacts from the SP Vault. There will be another person that will come in and is going to be the SP eBay representative.[/quote:3qmm86oe]

i’m sure i won’t be able to afford any of it, but it sounds interesting and is worth noting given this is SPfreaks the collectors forum. 8) heck, maybe one of you big collector types know who this \"representative\" is going to be. :P :P

yeah sounds interesting and i know i won’t be able to afford any bidding wars.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i’m sure each item will stir up nasty bidding wars.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Machina II!

doesn’t sound like a good idea to me.

amnesia
      Spectator

Mashed Potatoes

amnesia
      Spectator

doesn’t sound like a good idea to me.[/quote:qcp53kwe]

How come Bram?

well, what kind of archive starts selling its content? that’s a weird archive in my book.

but mostly, i think this will get so much attention on the official website and forum that the auctions will get over-hyped. result: insane bids. or, in other words, impossible to ever win anything.
      i might be wrong.

i didn’t get the last email, wonder why?

but i agree with bram, what kind of archive sells it’s stuff?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

good point bram.

also, i wonder if they would sell everything, or just things they have a minimum of two of.

blueczarina
      Spectator

it is strange they are selling stuff. i would think billy would want to keep it all. and is this to finance the archive project? that seems weird too.

Arthur
      Spectator

Guys, I’m happy to announce that I got a job offer from Billy Corgan…

Hehehe, i wished! Keep on dreaming! But I guess some items might be one-off, like demo tapes, early gig recordings and things. If they manage to make good copies, and release them to the fans (FLAC/MP3/CD), why not sell it… Can’t blame Billy for doing that, he must have 100’s of those items. And if it finances the Archive project, then it is to our benefit also. So I think it’s a good idea.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I agree with Arthur :)
      He can keep 1 or 2 of everything for himself…that’s all he would need right why does he need 10 of something laying around?
      Machina :twisted: he can give that tome thank you ;)
      that will cause a serious bid war..Oh my I would love to see that..LOL

Pipoka
      Spectator

good point bram.

also, i wonder if they would sell everything, or just things they have a minimum of two of.[/quote:20ce1yhi]

I believe they wouldn’t sell an item if they only have one right? :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

We are going to be selling rare and one-of-a-kind items through eBay.[/quote:gwts9y4g]

mr.benway
      Spectator

We are going to be selling rare and one-of-a-kind items through eBay.[/quote:2895did5]
      Smashing Pumpkins are selling out… :roll:

Pipoka
      Spectator

Yes I read that, but my interpretation would be \"really rare\" but not strictly one item, maybe 2 or 3.

I don’t consider this to be \"selling out\" but well that’s my point of view…

If they manage to make good copies, and release them to the fans (FLAC/MP3/CD)[/quote:9o8twmgd]
      They’d better release them in FLAC. Any archiver worth his/her salt will make lossless digital backups. And if they’re going to release them, FLAC is always appreciated. I wonder if they’ll use torrents for it though…

blueczarina
      Spectator

We are going to be selling rare and one-of-a-kind items through eBay.[/quote:2ueyk2zz]
      Smashing Pumpkins are selling out… :roll:[/quote:2ueyk2zz]

selling out their old junk :P

maybe they have more than one of old posters and such, or t-shirts, or backstage passes, or just stuff, and they want to sell some of them to make it avaliable. but i agree that the bidding will probably go wild, and no one with a regular type income would be able to buy it.

i dunno. :?

And if it finances the Archive project, then it is to our benefit also. So I think it’s a good idea.[/quote:3bqlh9pt]
      good point.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i’m sure a person will have to have a lot of disposable cash to score one of those items. heck look at the price on James’ award. imagine what a Billy item will go for.

Anonymous
      Spectator

so upon thinking about this ebay sales…
      If he has a fan club subscription thing going on why in the hell wouldn’t he use some of that stuff for club members? Or is he?
      I don’t know just wondering.
      I still think ebay auctions would be cool for some rare/unique items definitely,
      but for shit like stickers and little trinket things-fan club material

i didn’t get the last email, wonder why?

[/quote:x3z8rsz7]

huh cause maybe it was a blog,

why no one tell me this at first? you know i am slow like that.

Viewing 23 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.