Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

jgfox
      Keymaster

Is there any other band with comparable collections? I mean, I’ve been collecting for 12 years, and I’m nowhere near complete. What the hell? It’s seemingly impossible to collect every release from every country on every format.

Is there any other band with comparable collections? I mean, I’ve been collecting for 12 years, and I’m nowhere near complete. What the hell? It’s seemingly impossible to collect every release from every country on every format.[/quote:1clu9803] hmm… another band thats virually impossible to get everything of…
      i’d say one of the classics, iron maiden (huuuuge back catalogue, so theres gotta be some hard to get stuff) or led zeppelin (because from my understanding they only released singles in japan… which obviously makes them harder to get.)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I was thinking about this question. I guess most big bands get a lot of promotion. I thought of a few bands/artists that would probably make collecting a nightmare.

U2
      Madonna
      Aerosmith
      Elvis

All I can come up with….

!

why has nobody thought of these yet!

*ahem*
      mozart
      beethoven
      etc.

seriously, getting all THEIR stuff requires more then just a quick ebay scour!

Arthur
      Spectator

Kiss, Rolling Stones, Muse, Beatles… to name a few also… and that classical music doesn’t count as it is just a few requiems and things, performed by dozens of orchestra’s :P

Is there any other band with comparable collections? I mean, I’ve been collecting for 12 years, and I’m nowhere near complete. What the hell? It’s seemingly impossible to collect every release from every country on every format.[/quote:3i3j2dee]
      i think basically every band that has been around for over 10 years has a comparable collection.

how about you try getting everything from david bowie? we’ll talk again in 12 years and see how much you got.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Is there any other band with comparable collections? I mean, I’ve been collecting for 12 years, and I’m nowhere near complete. What the hell? It’s seemingly impossible to collect every release from every country on every format.[/quote:1j8urne5]
      i think basically every band that has been around for over 10 years has a comparable collection.

how about you try getting everything from david bowie? we’ll talk again in 12 years and see how much you got.[/quote:1j8urne5]

Yeah, not a big Bowie fan. I can imagine though, how much time and effort that would take, my god. Are you a fan?

Thought of some more:

Prince
      Bob Dylan

Yeah, not a big Bowie fan. I can imagine though, how much time and effort that would take, my god. Are you a fan?[/quote:14dzk64f]
      i’m a fan. not a collector though. phew.

i once was a collector of this early punk band called dead kennedys and later on i moved to man or astroman. kinda surf punk funny music, but no big collections however. not worth mentioning anyway. pumpkins is my thing now

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Going out on a limb here:

Ultimate collecting nightmare? Probably the one and only Michael Jackson.

zenunderground
      Spectator

lol

try the greatful dead and see what happens..

jgfox
      Spectator

What about Pearl Jam?? Those live releases alone, make it quit expensive and extensive… Not forgetting all their other releases.

Viewing 11 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.