Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

I found 4 jukebox cd albums of the Smashing Pumpkins, pretty rare I guess.

They cost between 2 and 5 bucks each only, and I’m very proud of this cool find. I mean, you have to be a collecting freak to buy these things, but when it comes to keeping the legacy of the Smashing Pumpkins alive, this is definately part of it. Right? 8)

Has any of you seen something like this before? Is it really that rare? Do you agree that I give them seperate uploads on SPfreaks.com?

those are neat

blueczarina
      Spectator

those are cool. :)
      they could be seperate since they are a different type of item.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I found 4 jukebox cd albums of the Smashing Pumpkins, pretty rare I guess.

They cost between 2 and 5 bucks each only, and I’m very proud of this cool find. I mean, you have to be a collecting freak to buy these things, but when it comes to keeping the legacy of the Smashing Pumpkins alive, this is definately part of it. Right? 8)

Has any of you seen something like this before? Is it really that rare? Do you agree that I give them seperate uploads on SPfreaks.com?

[/quote:xnpa3yvq]

I’ve not seen anything like these before. They are cool to me. :D

Is that second Siamese CD gold? Or is that just a camera effect?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Nice find, A.

Definitely not something I’ve seen much of, usually it’s the 7\" vinyls that show up mostly.

Arthur
      Spectator

Is that second Siamese CD gold? Or is that just a camera effect?[/quote:3jtx73av]
      Camera effect I’m pretty sure. You see the burning light reflection pretty well.

Funny thingy about Pisces Iscariot: they list Blew Away and Pissant together as 1 track. :P

i saw those on ebay and thought: those look just like the regular cds, but with some of the inserts missing. and the jukebox tracklists look like they have been added by the jukebox company, or whoever person put these cds in a jukebox.

so, was i way off? are these proper releases, or did the jukebox company buy some regular cds and adjust the package for jukebox use?

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m 99.9 % sure you are right Cool As Ice Cream, they are just the standard releases with an extra card. They tear apart or throw away some of the genuine artwork and Boston Title Card Co. (see Mellon Collie) and maybe others created those cards to go with it. And that’s why I’m a little doubtful to have separate uploads for them, as their release codes and etc. will most probably be codes we already know. And it are no Virgin cards either, so it’s not really an alternative sales or release channel that brought these albums to the (jukebox) market. At first I presumed they were Virgin cards for obvious reasons, untill I found out that this Boston Title Card Co. name is on 1 of the cards. I’m glad they turned out very cheap (though Mellon Collie is still on auction, fingers crossed) as they are kinda crappy items all in all. I consider them rarities anyway, and a fun addition to my Smashing Pumpkins silver disc collection.

There is only 1 genuine jukebox cd with a Smashing Pumpkins track on it I know of so far, that’s this one.

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … S&item=283

wow, never saw that one before. cool. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

I guess it’s my lucky day today…

Mellon Collie jukebox went my way also, and all 4 of them cost me 11,21 bucks ex shipment. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Can you upload the images of your inserts again? I just bought two Siamese jukebox and one Pisces. I’d like to compare to yours.

One of my Siamese inserts is very generic. So generic in fact, the band and album names are handwritten.

However, both of the other inserts say Virgin on them. And on the back of one is information for Sterling Title Strip.

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah I will do that soon. I’ll upload the cards only in the Misc. section and inform you ok?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yeah I will do that soon. I’ll upload the cards only in the Misc. section and inform you ok?[/quote:yt2srrqk]

sounds good bro

Arthur
      Spectator

Done, they’re in the Misc. section, filed under Format \"Jukebox card\".

manillascissor
      Keymaster

ty kind sir arthur

Viewing 14 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.