Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

News from Down Under, found on Ozphoria.

\"April 3rd, 2008

The Smashing Pumpkins tour equipment for the Australian tour has been involved in a serious crash. We have been informed of the following news story:

Source: WinTV

\"WAIL TRUCK CRASH

MEANWHILE, A FORTY-SEVEN YEAR OLD BALLARAT MAN HAS SUSTAINED SERIOUS HEAD AND NECK INJURIES AFTER HIS TRUCK CRASHED NEAR HORSHAM EARLY THIS MORNING…

The sole occupant of the truck was on his way to Melbourne to deliver sound and light equipment for a Smashing Pumpkins rock concert tomorrow evening, when his rig rolled at Wail, on the Western Highway, at around six-thirty a-m.

He was taken to the Wimmera-Base hospital where he remains in a stable condition.

Most of the equipment was strewn onto the road, beyond repair.\"

Ozphoria comment: At this stage we do not know if this will affect the show tomorrow night at Festival Hall in Melbourne, but we will try to find out the information and let everybody know. Please keep checking the forum tomorrow for all the latest news. Tour thread here: 04/04/08 – Festival Hall, Melbourne, VIC

A few members yesterday in Adelaide spoke with a truck driver from Ballarat who is believed to be the man involved. From everybody at Ozphoria we wish him a safe and speedy recovery.\"

ooh golly, i hope he is alright, and i wonder if it will cause problems at the show, and i wonder what all was strewn about the road?

Ah man, that sucks!

I hope the driver recovers quickly, and the show goes on :)

i blame the australians and their roads. damn you, ozzies!

i just read on hipsters united that the equipment was rented, and the driver is stable. so that is good.

blueczarina
      Spectator

has anyone heard anything more on how this will effect the tour?

it said on there that since the stuff was rented, they were not real worried about it, so they can just probably get new stuff. they were glad it was not thier personal belongings.

from hipsters united

Driver in truck crash stable; only rented equipment involved
      2:54 am // Friday, April 4th, 2008 by jjb
      tags: gear, tour, australia, news

So writes Lauren Henry in the Wimmera Mail-Times:

Michael Coppel Presents publicist Fiona Lakin confirmed the hired sound equipment was for the Smashing Pumpkins.

“The equipment has now been brought to Melbourne where it will be assessed and replaced if needed,” she said yesterday.

Ms Lakin said the concert would go on as planned.

She said band members were aware of the accident but because the equipment was hired, they were not unduly worried.

“It might be different if it was their personal effects,” she said.

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks, I didn’t see that yet

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.