Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

blueczarina
      Spectator

hmm, interesting. i don’t quite no what it is, but interesting.

i looked also, and also unsure what it is, but nice looking.

blueczarina
      Spectator

agreed
      i thought i knew what all of the zeitgeists looked like. i wonder if its legit.

hu posted about it also, and they are very vague about what it might be also.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ll check that out.
      i wonder what it is?

me too.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Ringo Starr recently released his latest album as a USB plug in. Was actually pretty fucking cool. He was on Larry King Live with a white bracelet on. He took it off, gave it to Larry and said, \"here’s our new album\". Larry was like, \"Huh?\". Ringo’s all, \"Yeah mate, just poot it into your USB and have a listen.\"
      So that’s probably what the USB thing is.

But who is JJ and why does he have one?

would this be real or a hoax?

and if it’s real, how come it’s in the stores already, but nobody has heard about it before?

also, there seem to be two different items. are they two zeitgeists or is only one of the two zeitgeist and is the small box a completely different album/artist?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

would this be real or a hoax?

and if it’s real, how come it’s in the stores already, but nobody has heard about it before?

also, there seem to be two different items. are they two zeitgeists or is only one of the two zeitgeist and is the small box a completely different album/artist?[/quote:1yjx2hjg]

I think the term "Concept Release" or whatever, implies that this version was scratched. They do the same thing with cars. Make like one concept car, reveal it at auction shows, then scrap it. So they are very rare and collectable. Kinda similar the TAFH box prototype/concept that was rejected.

So, somehow, HMV got a hold of this. Maybe it was sent to them a long time ago and they just shelved it in the back somewhere. Who knows. I think it’s legitimate.

I think the bigger black book might be the prototype to the big red book release we eventually received. And the smaller box is the USB release. Most likely resembling a key chain of some sort.

Disclaimer: I could be proven wrong in time, just my initial thoughts on the matter at hand.

ah, i didn’t get that from the title. i understand now. yeah, that’s a possibility. kinda weird that they would sell it though.

first i thought the person who posted the pictures only recently bought them. (or maybe he did?)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

ah, i didn’t get that from the title. i understand now. yeah, that’s a possibility. kinda weird that they would sell it though.

first i thought the person who posted the pictures only recently bought them. (or maybe he did?)[/quote:uxu35fgu]

I think the purchase was quite recent.

just imagine you find this at hmv and it’s a unique thing and it only costs £15 and £18. jesus effin’ christ.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

just imagine you find this at hmv and it’s a unique thing and it only costs £15 and £18. jesus effin’ christ.[/quote:245y13x0]

Lmao. Tell me about it!

Ringo Starr recently released his latest album as a USB plug in. Was actually pretty fucking cool. He was on Larry King Live with a white bracelet on. He took it off, gave it to Larry and said, "here’s our new album". Larry was like, "Huh?". Ringo’s all, "Yeah mate, just poot it into your USB and have a listen."
      So that’s probably what the USB thing is.[/quote:3mt9oukj]

i saw him with that on some show, i think it is neat, but i would totally loose it.

But who is JJ and why does he have one?[/quote:3mt9oukj]

and if it is one of those, yes why him?

Anonymous
      Spectator

HMV in London here (Plus Virgin/Zavvi) are quite known to hold surprises like these.

I was at my Town’s shop today and, as expected, there was no sign of it.

Usually, going on experience, the London location would be likely to have the most unusual stuff – I’ve seen a few oddities over time that were only sold there.

It’s my birthday on 17th June (woah 36 already!) and a friend’s going to see if he can find them for me and report back. Frustratingly, I’m 35 minutes away by Train, but not very mobile at the moment and can’t afford to visit anyway.

Very, very vaguely I believe I’ve read something about these items around a month ago. I’m convinced it’s authentic too, should be in one or all of these outlets… No idea about them not being on their website though:

http://www.multimap.com/clients/browse.cgi?cli … cale=50000

I’m sure somebody will clear all this up before 20th – 22nd June when my pal’s there, yet if not I’ll of course do what I can to give more info. :) :D

well, i hope you might be able to get one for your birthday, that would be neat!

Anonymous
      Spectator

well, i hope you might be able to get one for your birthday, that would be neat![/quote:12vxfnqz]

Cheers b, that would be nice to celebrate my ‘twilight’ years.

Something tells me though that Arthur’s already chartered two planes: One to fly his ‘helping hands over,’ the other for ‘cargo.’ :lol:

Oh, by the way, I’ve been tempted to tell you for a while and see the reaction: Car petrol/gas here is currently $10 per gallon. :shock:

I have to run off again now (DDs online – small Dazey Doses), so whatever you do, don’t bring your new car over to England for driving! :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

holy crap, $10 a gallon :shock:

and i thought it was bad here.

i started to reply with this yesterday and got all messed up.

hloy shit dude, are you fucking kidding me.

wtf……………10 dollars a gallon!!!!!????

oh man………..i am sorry for you guys. i thought paying 4.00 to 4.50 was bad, but 10 that is sooooooo worse.

ok, here we have an answer this was posted on HU’s site

Via email, British artist JJ Nolan has explained her Zeitgeist “purchase” to HU:

This is a conceptual piece I designed for my BA (Hons) Design course work. I wanted to set myself a realistic brief and heard early last year that the Smashing Pumpkins (a favourite of mine) had announced the title for their forthcoming studio release. I decided to design the cover and a limited edition USB stick for the album and use this as a live brief for my coursework.

I was a little disappointed a few months later when I saw their artwork. It is clear that they wanted to distance themselves from the old Pumpkins image, but I wish they had gone with something more traditional. I think this is why my designs work well with the band.

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, so its like a high-tech bootleg thing- nothing legit exactly. :wink:

i guess that explains why none of us had heard about it.

yeah, it is super cool though.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Please note reply from jjnolan. jjnolan, if you’re reading this, thanks for setting everyone straight. very cool design!

————————————————————————————————————————-

Hi,

This is a conceptual piece I designed for my BA (Hons) Design course work. I wanted to set myself a realistic brief and heard early last year that the Smashing Pumpkins (a favourite of mine) had announced the title for their forthcoming studio release. I decided to design the cover and a limited edition USB stick for the album and use this as a live brief for my coursework.

I was a little disappointed a few months later when I saw their artwork. It is clear that they wanted to distance themselves from the old Pumpkins image, but I wish they had gone with something more traditional. I think this is why my designs work well with the band.

Thanks for your interest; I’m sorry if you thought it was a Pumpkins rarity. Kind regards, JJ x

Anonymous
      Spectator

Cheers, all, for the info. :wink:

I’ve forwarded it onto my friend who will \"use his discretion\" while in London, as they might still be in circulation as a small run… If I hadn’t heard this mentioned elsewhere I’d just assume it was a totally lost cause.

As Detective Pumpkin once said: \"Sniff – sniff, something’s still lingering in the air.\" :?

\"Expecting nothing and hoping to learn something.\" :)

well, i hope you are able to get one!

Anonymous
      Spectator

Thanks b, if there are some (I highly doubt it now of course).

If all fails, maybe Veronica could make a heart-shaped box one.

lol, oh, man it is to early in the morning to make me laugh so hard!

blueczarina
      Spectator

Dazey…
      :lol:
      nice one

Arthur
      Spectator

Dazey \"DailyLaughter\". :wink:

Viewing 30 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.