Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

ClevelandPumpkins
      Spectator

Billy is 40. but is it just me, or does he seem younger?
      he doesn’t look 40, doesn’t act it… it’s strange.
      does anyone else think this?

personally i think that because he chopped all his hair off ages ago, we don’t see things like grey hairs, balding patches etc.

lilkitn
      Spectator

He’s young at heart. We all know what comes with age though, wisdom. Billy sure seems to have a lot of wisdom, that’s for sure. But really, age is just a marker for how long we’ve been on this earth… who’s to say that it dictates how we feel, look, or act? I used to think that because I was becoming a certain age, it was time to get married and have a family. But then, I asked myself, is that what I really want? Am I going to do that because of how old I am? I decided then, to live myself for me. Start doing what’s best for me, and what I want. Because ulitimately, if you don’t live your life for you… it’s really not worth living.

Kit’n

pierowmaniac
      Spectator

I dont really get what you mean by not acting 40?
      should he be collecting stamps from the various countries or something whilst on his world tour ???

In general I think people get to a ‘final’ (sort of) maturity mid 20’s and your personality doesnt really change much after. Obviously this is completely down to individual circumstances (lol Keith richards etc etc)!
      It only much latter (say late 50’s for arguments sake) that people change again, but this is more down to physical changes putting more restrictions on your lifestyle.

I remember thinking 30 was old when I was in my teens, but now im 30 now I still feel as young and mature in myself as I did when I was 24.

Saying that, thiers no substitute for experience and If I regret one thing, its not listening to those older than myself.

BTW im seriously considering the bald look myself now that my hair is starting to think out way too much for my liking…..LOL

I dont really get what you mean by not acting 40?
      should he be collecting stamps from the various countries or something whilst on his world tour ???[/quote:2nk2n9qf] i meant that his stage antics and so on are still very energetic, and basically like a 20-30 year old. but you are right (i assume) about maturing at a certain age.
      it’s just that what billy’s doing, i can NOT see my dad doing. but he’s nearly 48… (btw, im 16 in a week, so that’s why i can only assume you’re right :lol: )

shampoo
      Spectator

40 isn’t really that old. If the Rolling Stones can do it then BC and the pumpkins can as well. It may seem old but I bet when I get to around 40 I’ll probably feel the same as him…but then again, you never know, maybe he does complain about aches and pains backstage and then reaches for the Bengay.

ladyn
      Spectator

40 is nothing.. 30 is the new 20, 40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 40…. he looks damn good for his age anyways, staying out of the sun like he does is gonna help him in the long run, less wrinkles.

luxe
      Spectator

40 is nothing.. 30 is the new 20, 40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 40…. he looks damn good for his age anyways, staying out of the sun like he does is gonna help him in the long run, less wrinkles.[/quote:r33fs0z3]

Does he ever look good!! I’m glad he just gave up the hope of having a full head of hair and shaved it all off before he went bald. He was very cute with his curly hair way back in the day but I love his bald head. I’m in my late 30’s and I guess he doesn’t seem old to me, but I do remember being in my 20’s and thinking that 40 was over the hill.

I think that when you get to do what you love, it doesn’t matter how old you are – you will find the energy. He seems to be a perfectionist and I would bet that he has insomnia, just guessing but from lots of interviews and such I think he loves his work.

I would think fame is a hard thing to deal with but he’s handled it well and anyone who gets to spend their life making a living by living their dream is lucky– and I feel lucky that he’s shared it with all of us.

~luxe

40 isn’t really that old. If the Rolling Stones can do it then BC and the pumpkins can as well. It may seem old but I bet when I get to around 40 I’ll probably feel the same as him…but then again, you never know, maybe he does complain about aches and pains backstage and then reaches for the Bengay.[/quote:15gd6t8e]
      hahahaha! you know im also 40 and still feel like :twisted: lots. but the legs and arms dont move that fast anymore its the mind that keeps you going you know. ladyn is right 40 is the new 30. but i wonder if billy ever settles down with a wife again if he would still play and rock as hard he does now?

shampoo
      Spectator

I don’t know, I doubt BC would change much even if he did get married again. When he got married the first time around they were quite young and his fame hadn’t exploded yet…they probably didn’t know what they were getting into. Now he’s certainly a little bit wiser and older but I don’t think much has changed. (Actually, being completely honest, it was only a short time ago that I found out that he was no longer with Yelena so I really don’t know if he’ll ever really get married again).

I don’t know, I doubt BC would change much even if he did get married again. When he got married the first time around they were quite young and his fame hadn’t exploded yet…they probably didn’t know what they were getting into. Now he’s certainly a little bit wiser and older but I don’t think much has changed. (Actually, being completely honest, it was only a short time ago that I found out that he was no longer with Yelena so I really don’t know if he’ll ever really get married again).[/quote:1iu280y3]

i’m not sure he’d change that much if he got married. but if he became a father, i wouldn’t be surprised if there was a big change, attitude-wise.

frankly, i can really easily see Billy being an old guy, single, but comfortable with it. just like he is now… he seems to be cool with being single, not too fussed about it, and joking about it :)

luxe
      Spectator

I don’t know, I doubt BC would change much even if he did get married again. When he got married the first time around they were quite young and his fame hadn’t exploded yet…they probably didn’t know what they were getting into. Now he’s certainly a little bit wiser and older but I don’t think much has changed. (Actually, being completely honest, it was only a short time ago that I found out that he was no longer with Yelena so I really don’t know if he’ll ever really get married again).[/quote:1touwxe6]

i’m not sure he’d change that much if he got married. but if he became a father, i wouldn’t be surprised if there was a big change, attitude-wise.

frankly, i can really easily see Billy being an old guy, single, but comfortable with it. just like he is now… he seems to be cool with being single, not too fussed about it, and joking about it :)[/quote:1touwxe6]

Speaking of BC getting old, have you ever seen his father? A long time ago, he was a guest on this really dumb show "The Regis and Kathy Lee Show" (it’s now called something else). Anyway, he was on there and talked all about his girlfriend, who you saw get out of the limo w/ him and clearly it was Yelena. But even more interesting, he had his dad in the audience. His dad looked *nothing* like him and was wearing one of those shiny running suits that you see a lot of older folk wearing. If I can get my uncle to get my VCR stuff into CDs I will post the clip. I think it was from 1994, if I am remembering it right.

My point – I don’t think he gets his looks from his dad. Never seen a photo of his mother or of his siblings.

Doesn’t matter – to me he’ll be gorgeous even when he’s 100.

~luxe

shampoo
      Spectator

Speaking of BC getting old, have you ever seen his father? A long time ago, he was a guest on this really dumb show "The Regis and Kathy Lee Show" (it’s now called something else). Anyway, he was on there and talked all about his girlfriend, who you saw get out of the limo w/ him and clearly it was Yelena. But even more interesting, he had his dad in the audience. His dad looked *nothing* like him and was wearing one of those shiny running suits that you see a lot of older folk wearing. If I can get my uncle to get my VCR stuff into CDs I will post the clip. I think it was from 1994, if I am remembering it right.

My point – I don’t think he gets his looks from his dad. Never seen a photo of his mother or of his siblings.

Doesn’t matter – to me he’ll be gorgeous even when he’s 100.

~luxe[/quote:b6ebzz80]

I actually remember seeing that when it was aired and thinking the same thing (I’m assuming you’re talking about the one that took place in ’97). The guy they were pointing to didn’t look anything like him but I remember someone posting a picture of him during the final show and thinking that the guy they showed during the interview didn’t look anything like his dad in the photos. I think his dad actually looks almost exactly like him and, according to his confessions, you can see his mom in the Siamese Dream booklet.

Here’s a photo of him from the final show:

My point – I don’t think he gets his looks from his dad. Never seen a photo of his mother or of his siblings.[/quote:ysvspq8o] ever looked on the back of the cd booklet for Siamese Dream?

that picture of a child on a moon is Martha (i believe)

ok, it’s not really a good photo to compare Billy to, but it’s the only one i know of :lol:

luxe
      Spectator

Thanks, Shampoo — Yes, it was in early 1997. The photo you sent blows my mind. His dad does look like him. I wonder if he shaved his head? He had a headfull of it back in ’97 and was sporting a shiny running suit. This picture is brilliant.

Where can I find the picture of his mom? That’s so cool. .

What about his brothers? I’ve never seen photos of them either.

Thanks for cool picture.

~luxe

shampoo
      Spectator

Thanks, Shampoo — Yes, it was in early 1997. The photo you sent blows my mind. His dad does look like him. I wonder if he shaved his head? He had a headfull of it back in ’97 and was sporting a shiny running suit. This picture is brilliant.

Where can I find the picture of his mom? That’s so cool. .

What about his brothers? I’ve never seen photos of them either.

Thanks for cool picture.

~luxe[/quote:3rw3tqat]

He did shave his head, everytime he appeared with Billy he was bald. Have you ever seen the "graceful swans of never" or "full circle" doc? Check yotube for them. Billy once posted the link to his brother’s site when he use to blog (the baby blue site) and there was a picture of him there (and some cool airbrush work). According to the confessions, his mom is the baby sitting on the moon; there is another one that could also be his mom, to me that kid kind of looks like Billy.

luxe
      Spectator

He did shave his head, everytime he appeared with Billy he was bald. Have you ever seen the "graceful swans of never" or "full circle" doc? Check yotube for them. Billy once posted the link to his brother’s site when he use to blog (the baby blue site) and there was a picture of him there (and some cool airbrush work). According to the confessions, his mom is the baby sitting on the moon; there is another one that could also be his mom, to me that kid kind of looks like Billy.
      [/quote:2ewdigne]

Wow, those are great photos. I recognized them immediately but I had never put them together as his mom. Now it makes perfect sense. Especially if you remember in his blog days about how he and his wife the day after their wedding were putting the cover art for Siamese Dream together – and mentioned something about using old photos of family & friends.

Thanks again – so cool!

~luxe

Billy has always looked young for his age. I believe it has to do with genetics; several people in my family (myself included) look younger than they really are.

As for 40 being \"old\", I don’t get it. I’m nowhere near 40 years old but I don’t consider it to be elderly or frail at all…considering a lot of people are living to be 100 and beyond nowadays.

Viewing 16 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.