Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

After reading soo many posts leaning towards the negative, i have for the first time ever began to question the integrity of Billy Corgan’s motives. Im not saying this in a fully bad way, just a confused way. The reason i love SP is because i always felt that the music was written for the fans, not totally for a paycheck. Now stepping back, reading that BC purchased a house in Illinois at the 3rd highest price ever in the states history, releasing multiple versions of a CD to feel compelled to purchase them all to get everything out there, then with the additional cost to the consumer to purchase Zeitgeist from itunes to get a pre-sale ticket code, just to have some peice of mind on being able to get tickets for those shows. I purchased the album from the store, to have a hard copy of the album, and now i might not be able to see the show in Detroit. I dont know if im upset at the band, the record company, the way that ppl are as a whole that makes things be this way. LOL, or maybe im just mad that it doesnt look like ill be able to go to the show. (?) SOMEONE TALK ME BACK FROM THE LEDGE!!!!LOL

Satur999
      Spectator

youre a toad… I say you jump… jk… dont listen to other people… its what you get out of it not even what billy’s intentions are… your world revolves around you … right

i don’t think Billy’s intentions are for money…
      it just doesnt seem… Corgan-esque :lol:
      musically, zeitgeist doesnt sound commercial, so it’s gonna be hard for them to make it that way… i guess
      but MCIS wasnt commercial either…
      im not sure, basically :S

toad32r
      Spectator

Well, i jumped…… luckely it was from a curb….. no harm, no foul. :P Nothing will ever break my connection to SP, just sometimes outer sources bear an ugly head… i think actually it was a fear of \"NO, not SP, not them!!\". Hurt feelings and disappointment are the hardest pills to swallow, followed by anti-biotics. :D

what about those horse pills? that are the size of your fist?
      they’re pretty hard to swallow :P

toad32r
      Spectator

Oh yeah, those too!!

CaptJack
      Spectator

Many bands release multiple versions of an album: Gorillaz, Bloc Partcy, etc.

Also, do you remember that age of CD’s in the 90’s when people would pay $10 for a maxi single to get 1 B-side they needed? What’s the difference between that and paying $10 for one song you need on different versions of the album.

I always wanted those B-sided to be on official LP’s and now they are!

http://blueroom.att.com/inc_mediaplayer … id=3116&m=
      watch this – Billy talks about it
      it certainly convinced me – or mebbe im just gullible?
      nah, billy’s being honest :)

toad32r
      Spectator

That was cool, just went to the link and watched. Things like that i like to see.

Satur999
      Spectator

my dumbass used to buy bootlegs for $25 so even if thats what is going on I could care less… just think of it as making up for the people who just download the sheeat…
      did anyone stop diggin bc when he went all jesus cristo?… I have to admit it turned me off for a long time then I got my head out of my ass and now its all good

manillascissor
      Keymaster

my dumbass used to buy bootlegs for $25 so even if thats what is going on I could care less… just think of it as making up for the people who just download the sheeat…
      did anyone stop diggin bc when he went all jesus cristo?… I have to admit it turned me off for a long time then I got my head out of my ass and now its all good[/quote:3u4h41y7]

I assume you’re referring to Zwan? I never really correlated Zwan to Billy finding Christ. Obviously, the connection is there. I just chose to listen to the music. Whenever I do that, I’m pretty satisfied.

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.