Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Over the past 17 years,(WOW, thats weird to say!) i have been lucky enough to see The Pumkins live 9 times. Some of my best memories came from those shows. Once, getting to the show late, i ran into a local news camera man outside, and he asked us if we wanted the backstage passes he had used to take photos. YES PLEASE!! It was cool to get to go behind the stage and watch the show. Another great experience was in Michigan, at what was then called \"Pine Knob\", now the \"DTE\". It was Lollapalooza, and the same group was with me from the first story. We already were inside watching the show, when a couple in front of us, at our seats way in the back, (lawn seats), asked if we wanted the extra tix they had won on the radio. As we went up to the newly gotten seats, we realized we were about 8 rows from the front! Pumpkins came out jammin’. But everyone watched from their seated positions?! Except that is for the 3 of us, jumpin’, singing, jammin’ along. It wasn’t long until Billy saw us, started laughing and pointing, while saying something to Iha. To know not only did we see them on stage, they saw us rockin’ out, probably felt as good from both sides! Soo… anyone else have any stories,memories, unbelievable happenings related to the Pumpkins?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Hey Toad
      Good to see someone else in here. Thought I was the only fan!

I have a kind of funny story. I saw the Pumpkins in ’95 in Columbia, SC. It was an awesome show. Back when they were doing 20-min Silverfuck renditions. :twisted:

Well, during this tour, they would pull like 5 people onstage to dance during 1979. The guy from the Frogs (Jimmy?) was there. He had wings attached to his clothes, lol. Anyway, he would go into the crowd and handpick people to go onstage. I kind of wanted to go, but at the same time, I don’t dance and I was too nervous. Jimmy came up to me (eventually-took him awhile to sift through the crowd) and he put his hand on my shoulder. He was looking at me, but I looked away. I’m so embarrassed to say that. But I couldn’t muster the courage to dance in front of so many people. I should have, but I didn’t. Anyway, he selected someone else nearby and they went onstage and danced.

The only good part of the story is that when I saw those 5 people up there dancing, I kept thinking how retarded they looked. LOL.

ugh… i’m only 15 =[
      i don’t have any memories, because i’ve only been into them (heavily) for something like 4 months!
      i’m trying to get tix to this years reading festival though, just so i can see them! (yes i live in england too)

memories fade, not this one :D

However, it’s not really pumpkins related, sorry… it was with a Zwan concert, when I shouted \"Jimmy!!!\" a few times (while everybody screamed for Billy of course), and he looked at me to figure out where I was, then I put 2 thumbs up and he smiled, went on drumming for a few seconds, looked at me again and quickly sticked his drumstick to me and smiled again… geezz, that was sooo awesome!

toad32r
      Spectator

That sucks…i never got to see Zwan, wanted to, just never came around. LOL

toad32r
      Spectator

New memory… Ive been jamming Doomsday Clock for a couple days in the car, at home, different places. My 15 month old daughter was rocking her head around in the car to it. Yesterday she was in the living room while it was playing, she starts dancing around. So i played some other tunes… no dancing, no grooving. Put Doomsday back on, there she went dancing…SWEET, another generation of SP fan!

New memory… Ive been jamming Doomsday Clock for a couple days in the car, at home, different places. My 15 month old daughter was rocking her head around in the car to it. Yesterday she was in the living room while it was playing, she starts dancing around. So i played some other tunes… no dancing, no grooving. Put Doomsday back on, there she went dancing…SWEET, another generation of SP fan![/quote:1jvuuh04]
      haha thats awesome!
      apparantly i used tp ‘headbang’ when i was like 2, when my dad put U2 on… i think O_o :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

New memory… Ive been jamming Doomsday Clock for a couple days in the car, at home, different places. My 15 month old daughter was rocking her head around in the car to it. Yesterday she was in the living room while it was playing, she starts dancing around. So i played some other tunes… no dancing, no grooving. Put Doomsday back on, there she went dancing…SWEET, another generation of SP fan![/quote:3jr1gy02]

Awesome!!!! I have a 13 month old and she headbangs as well. To anything. It’s the best.

Viewing 7 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.