Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Hi All
      Decades since my last post, hope you are all well.
      Well i recently grabbed this from ebay (I’m sure some of you spotted it)..quite pricey..but I liked the fact I never saw one before (probably it’s here but I couldn’t find it). Nothing new about the songs, but some handwritten cassette from 1990 I can’t seem to recall. I talked to the seller a bit and he sounded OK(and the cassette legit, the handwriting looked right etc) After purchase, I asked the seller to tell me a bit of the story behind it (in the auction he already said he had worked in the a&r field), and he said the cassette would come with some further explanations.
      Well..here they (cassette+story) are.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

that’s interesting. seems like it’s a later version of this: http://spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=C … S&item=546

the original being dated ’89 and this one ’90. so basically, it’s the SINGULAR tape that was given to columbia records and convinced this person to sign them, but the timing was too late. pretty cool!

i have a similar deftones demo tape that was given to virgin records (they signed to maverick).

nice find, enjoy!

buiopesto
      Spectator

that’s quite interesting. i got mine on ebay too, one year and a half ago more or less, same story.

buiopesto
      Spectator

wait, did I buy this from YOU Manilla? or we have two identical cassettes, with the same explanation (and the same sticker wrinkle)?? 🙂

manillascissor
      Keymaster

no no, you’re the only one who has it!  🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.