Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author

jupiter
      Spectator

Hello to all the freaks

Behind the scenes, there is a lot of work going on and yet to be done within the SPfreaks community. On top of all the scanning, matrix code logging, uploading, hosting, etc., we feel it’s time for a bit of an overhaul. We do not want to give away too much, as it should be a nice little surprise, but in the next few months, the SPfreaks Experience will be changing dramatically.

However, we don’t want to do this alone. We want your feedback on how to improve the site. Not much will change in the forum, but if you have specific interests there, please let it be known. Mostly the improvements will concentrate on the hardware/software the site runs on, the layout, and an addition of a new feature for the fans to utilize.

Where your help is mostly appreciated is in improving what we already have. There are flaws, there are errors, there are annoyances. Please let us know what you like, and what you think can be improved. This feedback will be directly relayed to Redwolf (he will not be reading this), so please be detailed and even use graphics if you like to explain your wants.

Hopefully, we can integrate all suggestions and make SPfreaks V2 a resounding success. Please use this thread for all suggestions.

Thanks for all you do!

SPfreaks Team

Arthur
      Spectator

nice little surprise <=> SPfreaks Experience will be changing dramatically.[/quote:34v4ai52]
      :lol: … contradictio in terminis … :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

But yeah, here’s a few suggestions.

-List of Our Collectors on the frontpage: goner. It’s way too long already… Luckily! :wink:
      -Re-order Sitemap section, and what can stay, what can go? (About the band has a few dead links)
      -Google like Search Engine, where we can type our own info, and check if it is on the website.
      -I still love the BC background pic that doesn’t move when I scroll up and down, so I hope it can stay.
      -Emails & Chatroom functionality should be restored.
      -Page with list of songs, click on them and all releases/concerts etc where this song appears will be shown on a new page (not all setlists are in the database, so it won’t work fully at first).

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Another suggestion:

Links to homepage articles that actually have their OWN page, so it can be backlinked directly, not buried under a pile of more recent articles

I also think the Billy photo is THE staple of SPfreaks. It goes nowhere.

Introduce a CAPTCHA interface for new users to verify authenticity when signing up.

marigold
      Spectator

I have trouble viewing the site on my phone because of the constantly refreshing image at the top….it was annoying when I was away and only had phone-internet access.
      Don’t know if anyone else has that problem.

A better search function would be good.

Page with list of songs
      [/quote:nz5ed8xb]

There is a pretty good list at spfc.org – why not just link to that?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

LARGER avatars (more size, more pixels)

Sven
      Spectator

yeah! wondering what will be… :)
      will be amazing I guess, just like the whole of the site is already…

some major news in the works from me regarding TSP and will be needing SPFreaks.com input if and when it’s gonna happen, stay tuned….

manillascissor
      Keymaster

this project is heating up. redwolf is hard at work and i will need to communicate any SPfreaks’ wants/needs quickly, so bring suggestions in, please. the window frame is limited. if you don’t ask for it now, well, you probably won’t get it. pretty much anything is on the table now.

also, an updated theme is desired. one that is more \"current\", but also classic. like a new tuxedo. bring in any suggestions please. i’m referring to artwork, fonts, layout, colors, etc.

Arthur
      Spectator

Timeline thingy with bandmember appearance in Smashing Pumpkins? Add a cool band bio to that, and then we can get rid of the current deadlinks in the About the band section.

Arthur
      Spectator

I also think the Billy photo is THE staple of SPfreaks. It goes nowhere.[/quote:is5ocwsq]
      Reminder… :wink:

What about asking ByStarlight.org for advice? I was informed that the admin person over there is pretty good at digital design?

In 2002/2003 I designed this whole thing (of course within the limits RedWolf told me), and in 2007, when we added the Forum, we just added that feature within the same design. Only the image slider on top was updated with Zeitgeist era pics, instead of using the TAFH pics again.

For now: ALL is open again for suggestions. So, please link to websites you love to visit because of its design, for example.

MonteLDS
      Spectator

i have mostly used the site to look up the different releases and have found that the site could be improved is linking materials within the site.

for example, if i search the Lull EP and it mentions that Bye June is taken from the moon demo tape, the words \"moon demo tape\" should be a link to the page that shows me the tape.

Arthur
      Spectator

It could’ve worked more fancy, I fully agree, Monte. But did you try clicking the track on the tracklist top right? It will bring you to a next page with some song info, and a list of releases where exactly the same track can be found.

MonteLDS
      Spectator

ah i see. i guess it just really isn’t as obvious as SPFC has it where links are a certain color

davidp2007
      Spectator

Good suggestions so far. Anyway to improve the navigation in the message board for easier navigation between the different subsections. For example instead of simply arrows and double arrows, have the different subheadings like other message boards sometimes have. For example, the official SP boards have a layout like this: The Smashing Pumpkins Forum> The Smashing Pumpkins Message Boards> The Smashing Pumpkins Discussion

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Thanks for all suggestions so far. Oddly enough, we’ve come up with plenty of our own to keep ourselves constantly hurdling over that next level of internet interactivity. Anyway, here’s to a very prosperous and fuckin’ rockin’ 2012. ;) 8)

marigold
      Spectator

Just to note that we have 99 likes on the Facebook page now 8)

some major news in the works from me regarding TSP and will be needing SPFreaks.com input if and when it’s gonna happen, stay tuned….[/quote:35jf9gyp]

anything to report yet?

jupiter
      Spectator

too many more and we’re in danger of being labeled \"hipsters\"! ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYQTFudrqc[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

I think there’s more like 200 likes now…
      Well done Geo on promoting the page!

If it hasn’t been thought of or designed into the new forum yet – a multiquote button would be useful!

SPfreaks
      Spectator

This overhaul project has not been forgotten, but since we have so much functionality currently, it takes way more time from our voluntary tech guy. Who is doing other projects as well, besides his job and having a family of 3 kids.

We were hoping to be ready around the release of the Oceania album, but it turned out the overhaul of everything we have to offer to you, takes a lot more time. We’ll be back about this, however. Somewhere during the 21st century, promise. :lol:

jupiter
      Spectator

maybe for TAFH re-release?????????? :O
      :D

SPfreaks
      Spectator

jupiter
      Spectator

yay

:)

marigold
      Spectator

maybe for TAFH re-release?????????? :O
      :D[/quote:lrc0v1al]

can’t be too far away! :)

jupiter
      Spectator

wouldn’t matter, i dont have any money ATM :(

Viewing 24 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.