Viewing 52 reply threads
  • Author

shampoo
      Spectator

Okay I lied, actually 2 questions:

1. Why do they have Ginger wearing a blond wig? I didn’t even realize it was her until I saw her pick up the bass. It makes me think of D’Arcy.

2. Who is the woman at the very end of the video laying down? Linda Strawberry posted on MySpace to see if we could find her in that video but that doesn’t look like her. .

Any hints???

~luxe

Arthur
      Spectator

1. Why do they have Ginger wearing a blond wig? I didn’t even realize it was her until I saw her pick up the bass. It makes me think of D’Arcy.[/quote:2hiisgyy]
      Geezz. I had the same creepy feeling when I saw her in the first half, around 1/3 or so, in the screen left above in a quick shot. Like "What? Huh? Did they hire…? Nooooo!". Very eagerly waiting to have an answer to this one!

apparently paris hilton is in the video.

and about what is going on: the band meets up and plays. that’s basically it.
      in the beginning they’re all alone. then they get in touch with each other, take their space ships and meet. then they perform.

apparently paris hilton is in the video.

and about what is going on: the band meets up and plays. that’s basically it.
      in the beginning they’re all alone. then they get in touch with each other, take their space ships and meet. then they perform.[/quote:2bbmqn41] at least it isnt too mundane :) (i.e it’s not set in real life and could’ve been filmed in 20 minutes)
      i like it :) reminds me of tonight/rocket :)

Satur999
      Spectator

I saw strawberry in it… she is in one of the tv thingys for like a sec

luxe
      Spectator

I will have to keep watching it because I didn’t catch Strawberry in the video (thanks Satur999 for pointing that out). I didn’t know Paris Hilton was in it, so I’ll keep an eye out for her — not surprised that she’d be in a video of theirs, especially after Billy explained why they chose her as an image of being famous today.

I thought Billy was flying a helicopter at first. It was a decent video but kinda confusing, although I liked it because you get to see Ginger, Jeff, and Lisa. I would have probably gotten more of it if it didn’t shift images so quickly but then again maybe it’s my old eyes that aren’t quick enough to keep up. :wink:

I hate to even mention this but does anyone think the woman on the floor at the end is Veronica Grey? I couldn’t say yes or no.

I wonder who shot the video. I got an email from Kristin Burns and she said she was in Greece w/ the Pumpkins. I wish that MTV still played videos cuz they always listed the producer.

~luxe

I wonder who shot the video. I got an email from Kristin Burns and she said she was in Greece w/ the Pumpkins. I wish that MTV still played videos cuz they always listed the producer. [/quote:2xzklevu] MTV has completely degenerated. i wonder why it’s even still allowed to call itself MUSIC television considering one half of it’s prgramming is pimp my ride and the other half has bam margera in it

luxe
      Spectator

I am quite frustrated that MTV has gone down the tubes. I seriously do not know when the last time I saw a video was. . . I long for the days of \"Alternative Nation\". I think more and more we’ll be going to you sites like YouTube for videos.

If you don’t know what Veronica looks like, you can Google Images and see. Here is a link to the IMDb site and what bothers me most is that is lists she is married to Billy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1227579

The IMDb site says she is married to Billy but the information on her is taken word-for-word from her fsyche web site. I also noticed that the email of the person updating her profile is one of her email addresses that she uses.

I wanted so badly to ask Kristin if it was really true about this so called marriage but didn’t feel it was in the context of what we were talking about.

~luxe

I am quite frustrated that MTV has gone down the tubes. I seriously do not know when the last time I saw a video was. . . I long for the days of "Alternative Nation". I think more and more we’ll be going to you sites like YouTube for videos.

~luxe[/quote:36lv279y] if you can get it, you can try kerrang!tv and Scuzz, but these focus more on modern music. scuzz is also a bit more metal

Tree_Spirit
      Spectator

I have to agree MTV,has went way down the hill and not even worth the time of day actually.

I’m just really confused that ginger was in a blond wig.Maybe Billy’s trying to make a point to D’arcy.Wasn’t it him that was Quoted she is *mean spirited*I don’t know, maybe a point here to try to reach D’arcy in this, only Billy’s does know.It WOULD be totally awesome, if they ended their closing tour date in Chicago with all the original members in the line up,that would totally like rock & pwn all things!!:lol:

But this video has a walking shade & tonight tonight feel to me.Love this vid was done in classic b&w.There something about the feel of b&w and SP.I do say this vid ,did jump around in it meaning and has a few points made in it.It was just really randomly showing different stuff at times,but of course to a greater meaning,as always with the pumpkins.I look forward in hearing Billy explaining this vid in more detail.The mind wonders with possibilities here!!:lol:

PS:The women it the video at the end could be Veronic Grey’s twin :lol:

screen shot of women in vid

luxe
      Spectator

HA! My mom was looking over my shoulder and said \"that’s a guy\" (in the video). I think if VG was in the video she’d be spewing this news all over the Internet. But I do have to say, it does resemble her.

I would love it if the band ended up w/ the original 4 members in Chicago but I’ve started to really like the 3 new Pumpkins so don’t know how I’d feel about that.

Oh, yes Billy did call her \"mean spirited\" and excuse my language but he actually said \"mean spirited bitch\". But he’s a hot head so maybe he’s over it now.

Arthur
      Spectator

My mom was looking over my shoulder and said "that’s a guy" (in the video).[/quote:w979gng6]
      I like to think your mom is right. The eyes and eyebrows part are not female at all.

And about D’Arcy: I’m almost sure they (the band, or at least Billy) are sometimes hinting to her. Remember Billy’s bass guitar that was played by D’Arcy a lot in the old days? It appeared in a burial setting with a huge red SP heart in a coffin… can be found in the Zeitgeist artwork.

And about D’Arcy: I’m almost sure they (the band, or at least Billy) are sometimes hinting to her. Remember Billy’s bass guitar that was played by D’Arcy a lot in the old days? It appeared in a burial setting with a huge red SP heart in a coffin… can be found in the Zeitgeist artwork.[/quote:23t1z9kv] wow really? i didn’t know that at all… that’s pretty awesome. symbolic. lets see if there’s any references to iha as well :lol:

luxe
      Spectator

And about D’Arcy: I’m almost sure they (the band, or at least Billy) are sometimes hinting to her. Remember Billy’s bass guitar that was played by D’Arcy a lot in the old days? It appeared in a burial setting with a huge red SP heart in a coffin… can be found in the Zeitgeist artwork.[/quote:21wdxa8e]

Wow, Arthur I am so impressed at how you picked that up. I think all of those images probably say a lot more than we think. I wonder about the wrestler guy. I know Billy likes wrestling but somehow I don’t think that is what it is about.

~luxe

Arthur
      Spectator

Wow, Arthur I am so impressed at how you picked that up.[/quote:2caucyvj]
      Uhmm, thanks, but the credits go to my friends I was with last Sunday. 1 of them mentioned it, untill then I didn’t know it either.

I agree with you the artwork of the SP releases has many stories to tell and anecdotes to be discovered.

I agree with you the artwork of the SP releases has many stories to tell and anecdotes to be discovered.[/quote:20mwugt4] pisces iscariot anyone?

Arthur
      Spectator

pisces iscariot anyone?[/quote:20uy08e0]
      New topic? Artwork Anecdotes for example?

pisces iscariot anyone?[/quote:1u9g3ljj]
      New topic? Artwork Anecdotes for example?[/quote:1u9g3ljj] good idea :) i’ve always wanted to be able to discuss these kinda things seriously :)

Arthur
      Spectator

good idea :) i’ve always wanted to be able to discuss these kinda things seriously :)[/quote:2tzcpg03]
      Then start it Superlordspamulon, if you didn’t already do that… :D

I agree with you the artwork of the SP releases has many stories to tell and anecdotes to be discovered.[/quote:2zka8fgb] pisces iscariot anyone?[/quote:2zka8fgb]
      wow. the "d’arcy-bass-coffin" is old news, man. i knew about it back in may.

wow. the "d’arcy-bass-coffin" is old news, man. i knew about it back in may.[/quote:1a7lsor7] …before zeitgeist was realeased…

i blame netphoria

Arthur
      Spectator

wow. the "d’arcy-bass-coffin" is old news, man. i knew about it back in may.[/quote:spgr1vac]
      Good for you. You’re not getting my spare 8) for this however. :P

i actually heard the album before the pumpkins played their first show. :P

(please let me have one of your spare sunglasses. please!)

(please let me have one of your spare sunglasses. please!)[/quote:29j9vnm2] either you found a leaked version (which i could have had access to – a pumpkins fan-page in bebo posted up download links for it, and tarantula and doomsday clock before it, but it got pulled down because loads of people were complaining that they took it too far) or you have connections with the pumpkins – wither way, lucky you!

Arthur
      Spectator

(please let me have one of your spare sunglasses. please!)[/quote:2vzbbdua]
      No, sorry. I believe you just found the exercise glasses. Don’t push it.

yeah, i found the exercise glasses after i made the request in this thread. i’m fine for now. :)

This might be a dumb question, but does anyone know what color Billy’s shiny suit is? I can’t tell since the vid. is black and white. I love it, though! He should wear it during a show.

Tree_Spirit
      Spectator

This might be a dumb question, but does anyone know what color Billy’s shiny suit is? I can’t tell since the vid. is black and white. I love it, though! He should wear it during a show.[/quote:1nvfqt7c]

Billy looked nice in that suit,it was like a whoa :lol:But i cant myself tell what color of suit it is.

Arthur
      Spectator

I think I found 1 Paris Hilton clue in the video, close to halfway. Billy and Jeff are in this funny car, you’re looking down on top of the car and an octagone mirror appears and disappears on the right side. Paris Hilton is visible in this mirror I’m pretty sure. It’s just after a quick Ginger on her bike shot. And it is just before we see Jimmy in his flaming rocketcar again.

In this YouTube video it’s at 01:53 / 04:00.
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rp8MzzUcTE[/youtube]
      Everyone agree?

luxe
      Spectator

I think you’re right. . sure looks exactly like Paris Hilton to me. You must have good eyes, I would have never caught that.

~luxe

Arthur
      Spectator

I think you’re right. . sure looks exactly like Paris Hilton to me. You must have good eyes, I would have never caught that.

~luxe[/quote:33r2emii]
      8) <= it’s the magic sunglasses ~luxe

luxe
      Spectator

I’m impressed. I want a pair! :lol:

I’m impressed. I want a pair! :lol:[/quote:3c833kqr] you have to earn them :lol:

luxe
      Spectator

Ooooh!!! What do I have to do? Does it involve me having any direct contact with Billy (please, please).

well it will help :lol:
      you just gotta do notable stuff, and arthur will give them to you (for a while anyway :lol: ) but i don’t know exactly, ask arthur, he has them…

luxe
      Spectator

Okay then, Arthur, what must I do to obtain such magickal glasses?

Arthur
      Spectator

Superlordspamulon, what are you doing… sigh… not many spares left now… :P

OK luxe I know something. Post a few of your most fav. pics of Billy Corgan and tell us why you like them. Also tell us what kinda contact you had with Billy in the ol’ days back then, and what you discussed with him. And what will definately make you earn a pair: what stuff you got of the Pumpkins what could and should be scanned/photographed to be published in the SPfreaks Collection. Do it, send to @spfreaks.com">spf-contact@spfreaks.com, type some detailed info with it and 8) is yours!

luxe
      Spectator

Okay, I have my most favorite picture of Billy and here it is:

Arthur
      Spectator

Definately luxe, definately. I will hand them over after you trimmed down that autograph picture a bit to 400-500 pixels wide max. Now it’s stretching the board apart… But pretty cool stories luxe! Awesome you posted it here!

Do we have your permission to put that autographed cocktail napkin in our Autographs section on http://www.SPfreaks.com ?

luxe
      Spectator

Sorry about the size — I’m on a road trip to Portland and don’t have any software on this laptop to crop.

Feel free to post it and cut it down to size. .

~luxe

nice one luxe. that’s pretty damn awesome!
      and that pic of billy made me laugh :lol: ahh. cats are awesome. there also evil (they would have definitely enslaved us by now if they had opposable thumbs to open those tins with :lol: )

Arthur
      Spectator

Who’s the lady in the middle with the long white hair?

Arthur
      Spectator

Sorry about the size — I’m on a road trip to Portland and don’t have any software on this laptop to crop.

~luxe[/quote:3e9h2e2u]

Done luxe, and your napkin is uploaded here: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1867

And your name is in the SPfreaks Hall Of Fame also now: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=CREDITS

Here’s your 8) by the way.
      Thanks, Arthur

Who’s the lady in the middle with the long white hair?

[/quote:3jqqzcva] the same girl at the end of the vid i think…

SNC
      Spectator

Yeah, she’s the same woman as at the end of the video. Her name is Ve.

Her myspace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … did=376082

ah well done SNC… finally we have the asnwer :lol:

SNC
      Spectator

:D Glad to help

luxe
      Spectator

~luxe[/quote:3lodppuw]

Done luxe, and your napkin is uploaded here: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1867

And your name is in the SPfreaks Hall Of Fame also now: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=CREDITS

Here’s your 8) by the way.
      Thanks, Arthur[/quote:3lodppuw]

Hooray! I earned those suckers.

Thanks!!

~luxe

luxe
      Spectator

Yeah, she’s the same woman as at the end of the video. Her name is Ve.

Her myspace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … did=376082[/quote:1p9s5tcv]

SNC, this is awesome. It clears some things up. First of all, in the liner notes of Zeitgeist, BC gives thanks to a Ve. That was the only name even close to Veronica (as in the lame Veronica Grey), so now we know it isn’t her.

Also, some of us thought that the girl in the video might be Veronica Grey and now we know it is not!!

Thanks for this revelation!

~luxe

shampoo
      Spectator

What did you all think of the video? I wasn’t particularly fond of it and I would prefer that P.R. Brown wouldn’t make anymore of their videos in the future.

EDIT: didn’t mean to imply anything

luxe
      Spectator

What did you all think of the video? I wasn’t particularly fond of it and I would prefer that P.R. Brown wouldn’t make anymore of their videos in the future.

EDIT: didn’t mean to imply anything[/quote:13p3ri6t]

It was okay. Nothing that really blew my mind other than trying to figure out who everyone was.

But sometimes I wonder why they make videos at all anymore. It seems MTV and VH1 no longer show videos. Not even in the middle of the night — which is a bummer. Remember Alternative Nation? I *loved* that show.

~luxe

But sometimes I wonder why they make videos at all anymore. It seems MTV and VH1 no longer show videos. [/quote:98evw1wx] Youtube! :D

shampoo
      Spectator

It was okay. Nothing that really blew my mind other than trying to figure out who everyone was.

But sometimes I wonder why they make videos at all anymore. It seems MTV and VH1 no longer show videos. Not even in the middle of the night — which is a bummer. Remember Alternative Nation? I *loved* that show.

~luxe[/quote:2h5e9xaq]

No, that’s not what I meant by the edit. I had written something else concerning ve after seeing her profile but I didn’t want any misunderstanding so I deleted it. Sorry about the confusion.

And yes, I agree with you. I don’t see the point of making videos these days but then again I don’t think SP are putting as much effort as they did during their MCIS days either.

Viewing 52 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.