toad32r
      Spectator

Jeff is wearing a red suit/coat. 3-pc. deal i think

Pipoka
      Spectator

I like them, and Jeff looks amazing !

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Man, Billy is going to turn 41 soon. Why the costumes? It’s verging on disturbing now….

Arthur
      Spectator

Man, Billy is going to turn 41 soon. Why the costumes? It’s verging on disturbing now….[/quote:2o5zgmyq]
      How old are you? 76? 86? :P

Lisa:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I agree with you there Arthur. I’m not fond of it, but I do respect it. Is Billy not comfortable just wearing pants and a shirt though?

Pipoka
      Spectator

I agree with you there Arthur. I’m not fond of it, but I do respect it. Is Billy not comfortable just wearing pants and a shirt though?[/quote:oc0ifh8i]

:lol:

i think i like it because it’s original and different.

toad32r
      Spectator

My opinion here is this, i would rather see BC and the crew wear more of a regular outfit. The costumes are OK i guess, but i prefer the old days. Give me some silver pants and a black ZERO shirt, and i’ll be fine.

the costumes are part of the show.

shampoo
      Spectator

edit

shampoo
      Spectator

Has anyone deciphered what his clothes are supposed to represent (normally I wouldn’t think too much about it but this is Billy we are talking about so there is probably some reasoning to this in his mind), it’s Saturn on his shirt right?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

He’s from another planet?

toad32r
      Spectator

I actually like them all, BC…not so much. Sorry BC, just my opinion, I still love tha though!

SNC
      Spectator

I like the new outfits.
      Especially Jeff! He looks awesome!

Alekflyfire
      Spectator

He’s been \"doing\" costumes since day one – no reason to stop now

darcysiva
      Spectator

it looks like he’s flying in that pic.. lol

I dunno I miss BC’s awesome psychedelic shirts from the Gish/SD era. Maybe bring back the pajama’s from the club ’96 tour ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

Psychedelic you say? Dresses? Where?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGil56hdAw[/youtube]

Psychedelic you say? Slunk? The Joker? Where?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIb2Th6fAOs[/youtube]

This was, as could be expected 8) , performed in my home country in 1992.

ok, so what do you think the dress represents? me, i have no idea, but he has been wearing them for a while now. but in some of the shows this year he wore that little outfit — the knee shorts with buttons and the socks pulled up, now with the skirts he has his socks pushed down, and i read somewhere, or seen somewhere, him talking about a return to saturn, something about astrology i think. i will have to go look again, but i think that is where the saturn shirt comes in. then there is the 999 shirt, any thougths on it?

oh and the costumes of the others, so you think they just all wear the colors that go along with the album, and i see lisa with the stripes, so maybe they all just want to kinda match in a non conventional way. i dunno, just thinking out loud, again. :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

as for the 999 shirt

billy has always been obsessed w/ repetitive numbers for some reason. he thinks it has a deeper meaning.

examples:

7/7/07

not sure if he’s on to something, or just smoking jimmy’s crack.

that doesn’t sound right.

as for the 999 shirt

billy has always been obsessed w/ repetitive numbers for some reason. he thinks it has a deeper meaning.

examples:

7/7/07

not sure if he’s on to something, or just smoking jimmy’s crack.

that doesn’t sound right.[/quote:2r9wxrkn]

that dosen’t sound right, it sounds funny. i think that is really funny. yes funny.

blueczarina
      Spectator

In that Jim Stapleton book with the interview disc, the topic of dresses is discussed. Here are some Billy quotes that might explain it.

\"I have a hard time thinking of men trying to sing my songs, because I think my perspective is feminine.\" (p 59)

\"For me, the idea of having a feminine perspective is a willingness to be vulnerable. It’s very easy to c@ck-rock and posture. I can’t help but wear my heart on my sleeve- I’m like nerve endings. That’s just the way I am and, to me, that’s very female because it’s not a male thing to do. A male thing would be to f@#*!n posture.\" (p 59-61)

\"I recognize that element in myself and I just call it feminine because that’s the part of myself that I would link it to- a softer, gentler side […] maybe the contrast of a male upbringing is, to me, being simply female.\" (p 61)

I think the dresses are simply his way of expressing his inner duality and an emotional vulnerability. The book also refers to Courtney Love and Darcy, who helped him think of rock outside of male terms. The dresses, in part, seems to also be an attempt to avoid your typical male oriented rock.

that is awesome, what book and disk is that again??

blueczarina
      Spectator

It’s a book/CD combo by Jim Stapleton. It’s called Smashing Pumpkins Fully Illustrated Book & Interview Disc. The publisher is Carlton Books and Sound and Media, and the cover is blue and has a picture of Billy on it (zero shirt).

i found one on amazon, but the picture is diffrent than you describe, is there maybe diffrent versions, a couple of the other ones don’t have pics so i can’t tell wich one is the one you describe.

Arthur
      Spectator

I wonder why this website is called SPfreaks… :roll:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … S&item=308

thank you!!! :D

Viewing 26 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.