Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

Long story very short: Disclaimer – this is a write-up of information I came by, not my own. :wink:

I’d done some business with a nice guy in Canada not so long ago and he came across very well, was reliable, honest and kept in touch for weeks afterwards.

He explained that a guy he’d met who used to work at the Metro (now onto Sony if memory serves) stated that the DVD was at Master disc stage in late 2007, with further copies made thereafter.

Not a one to pay attention much with non-official info, I can’t help but think that maybe it’s possible. I’m aware of the Virgin and band issues, so my thoughts are why manufacture something that’ll never be released? Most discussions I’ve read so far act as though it’s just a taped recording (?)…

What do you believe is the current situation? Has it/them been pressed? Could a compromise be made between the two parties and if so, would the Pumpkins actually want it released at this point in time?

In any case, I hope to see it released in future… Now there’s a surprise. :twisted:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

It’ll probably end up being a very,very,very nice acetate rarity for somebody here to get their hands on!

Although,i would love to have a copy myself.The bootleg i have isn’t too bad quality, but a proper video recording would be immense,even just an audio recording. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i would take a video or the audio (or better yet both :wink: ). i just hope it gets released to the public.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I’m not sure when,but did Billy not say recently,that Virgin were not going release it?

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m not sure when,but did Billy not say recently,that Virgin were not going release it?[/quote:38zsnkqz]
      He might, but I also remember that he said somewhere that they are now free from Virgin, with all rights to their own music back in their (or Billy’s) hands? If so, the chances of this release seeing the day of light have grown tremendously I guess.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i hope so. i would like a dvd of that.

Sven
      Spectator

dvd is all authored and editted
      all on the band’s expenses
      the thing is ready to be produced
      and has been so for years
      legal matters did prevent them from doing so
      now it’s just a case of momentum i guess
      why drop a metro show from 2000 now all of a sudden when you’re all about being back in business with new stuff…
      just wait and see
      it’s done, it’s there to be released
      it won’t be a Virgin release and it needn’t be for they’re free agents now as the band
      then again – i feel dropping the stuff NIN style (see their Closure 2DVD) might be the thing we’re looking at
      not a full commercial release
      just my idea of it though

manillascissor
      Keymaster

You know what’s really strange? After seeing the Pumpkins last year in 2007, I felt it was a strong \"greatest hits\" show. And the strong is not a positive. Left a bad feeling in my stomach.

SO, I used to be really psyched about the final Metro show being released, especially after the teases on the Greatest Hits DVD. But now, after 8 years, and after seeing the latest greatest hits show, I could honestly care less.

Of course, I’ve never been really into live recordings anyway, but still, what’s on there that you can’t find in concerts leading up to it? I get that it’s the last gig and all, but James was all pissy, D’Arcy wasn’t there, and they played songs everyone has heard live before. What’s the big deal? Did they play them BETTER this night? I doubt it. I don’t get the hype. :?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i guess it would just be cool to have. i don’t know. i like live stuff though. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

dvd is all authored and editted
      all on the band’s expenses
      the thing is ready to be produced
      and has been so for years
      legal matters did prevent them from doing so
      now it’s just a case of momentum i guess
      why drop a metro show from 2000 now all of a sudden when you’re all about being back in business with new stuff…
      just wait and see
      it’s done, it’s there to be released
      it won’t be a Virgin release and it needn’t be for they’re free agents now as the band
      then again – i feel dropping the stuff NIN style (see their Closure 2DVD) might be the thing we’re looking at
      not a full commercial release
      just my idea of it though[/quote:3jtdhpbd]

maybe they could give us all a huge surprise and release the metro dvd along with the Fillmore residencies dvd….that would be a great set!!

i would buy it if they released it, but i am not clamoring for it, i would much rather dvd’s of the secret berlin gig, and new stuff. i agree with M, d’arcy wasn’t there, and from all acounts it was a sad night, in more ways than one, i am sure the music was great, but it always is. so if they don’t put it out, i am not crying.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ll take whatever myself. they make cool dvds, now if only they would make more and release them.

i like live stuff though.

yeah, live stuff is better. i am sending some dvd-r’s to monte to get his dvd he made of the filmore, so i can’t wait for that, and i am also wating on a dvd from the rock am ring, i will post when i get it, and if it is any good.

blueczarina
      Spectator

so this monte guy can make dvd-r’s for people. how did you get him to do it, because i would like some too. :wink:

just pm him on sp.com and ask him about it, he will give you his address, you have to send him 2 dvd-r’s, not the + kind the – kind.

blueczarina
      Spectator

will do. :)

is he in your friends list so i can find him.

crap no, but he did post on the new writers part. if you can’t find him that way i will pm him for you.

blueczarina
      Spectator

sounds good

i’l check that

Viewing 17 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.