Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

Funny. A few hours ago I received an email from this lucky guy. I will look into this later. :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Nice find Sven.

All i can say that this dude is a lucky guy :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

There is some speculation surrounding this piece of shit track. Be careful before adding it to the database!

billy has twittered about it:

i see someone has finally found one of the Teargarden ‘golden ticket’ boxes. congrats! http://www.dextrus.net/teargarden.php about 9 hours ago via web

we here at @billy and @smashingpumpkin HQ started to wonder if they’d all been stolen in the manufacture. #goldenticket about 8 hours ago via web

news to me! RT @MonteLDS: Hey @SmashingPumpkin, & @Billy both #goldenticket that are known of were sold from http://smashingpumpkins.com about 7 hours ago via web

Sven
      Spectator

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

mine sounds backward,but i’ve got the normal obelisk. :?

so that’s the only difference between the two vinyls? it’s backwards and at a different speed?

are you sure jawntilldusk? have you compared yours to the (non-reversed) rips on http://www.dextrus.net/teargarden.php ?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

what’s with all the different speeds and in reverse versions?

i’ve not checked out mine yet

Sven
      Spectator

the owner just made sure to present all options :)

33 or 45 – just to make sure and include both speeds as the ‘correct’ one was not indicated.

reverse – as the ‘special’ version is basically just the standard version in reverse or so it seems….

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

so that’s the only difference between the two vinyls? it’s backwards and at a different speed?

are you sure jawntilldusk? have you compared yours to the (non-reversed) rips on http://www.dextrus.net/teargarden.php ?[/quote:lozrf53i]

Mine sounds nothing like these.

I think mine just sounds odd because my record player is pretty shit and seems to go at different speeds in the one setting. :wink:

marigold
      Spectator

http://www.ozphoria.com/post/1707248449 … -alternate

Kerry just tweeted this link – looks like the same one however?

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah, same one.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

and now, it’s finally for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-T … 231241702b

blueczarina
      Spectator

that auction was cancelled by the seller on purpose because he saw it hit $300 and then fake cancelled the auction and then re-listed it at a starting bid of $300 trying to get more money. the seller is a dishonest ass. he has been running a program on tp.net. and because i think he is an ass i just thought i would let you know here. the new auction link is in the thread.

http://thepumpkins.net/forum/5-tickets- … sale#90189

Danni
      Spectator

This fuckface should be banned from Ebay.

blueczarina
      Spectator

he should be. that fuckface just got banned by me on tp.net. he decided to call me the c-word in two lovely PM’s, because evidently i had no right to lock his precious thread and tell him not to be an ass on our site.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

what a slice of dick.

good work blue, thanks for heads up.

blueczarina
      Spectator

no problem, i figured you guys would be the be the ones bidding so i thought you should know. :wink:

i think you’re mistaken here, blueczarina. i was following this auction, and it was never cancelled. (i still have the ebay reminder emails, and the end time there matches the actual auction end time.)
      the thing is though that this was an auction with a reserve, and it was too high. even with bids over $300, the reserve wasn’t met.

now the item has been relisted without a reserve, but with a starting price of $300.
      fair enough, if you ask me. at least there’s no more mysterious reserve.

(also, your story doesn’t make much sense to me: why would the seller – hypothetically – cancel an auction that is at $300 and then start a new one that starts at $300? how does that give him more money? doesn’t he risk losing his $300+ bids if he does that?)

now i don’t care what is going on on tp.net, and if you have other reasons to ban him, fine by me. but you shouldn’t falsely accuse him of cancelling ebay auctions and stuff like that.
      i understand it’s annoying if people come to your board only to make promotion for their ebay auctions. and i think it’s a bit stupid he put a reserve on it that was higher than $300, but that’s mainly his own problem.

on the other hand, i was interested in reading his thread on thepumpkins.net. you know, so i could make up my mind for myself, as i’m still interested in this item. right now i still believe all is fine, but if there’s something fishy about this, i’d like to know.

this is not very convenient. any chance it can be undeleted? or is there another way to read the thread? i tried google cache, but it only had the first post.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

ah yes. looks like bram makes a good point here. he just put a high reserve to see what he could expect, now he’s probably going to sell it for real. would be funny if he didn’t get $300. what is weird to me about listing it with a high reserve is that when you do that on eBay, you have to pay a percentage of what your reserve is.

i did the same thing with a led zeppelin record. listed the reserve at $5000, because i had no idea its value. it was pretty fucking stupid, as i had to pay around $50 to list it like that.

so, it sounds like he is an okay seller. maybe a douchebag in real life though.

i hadn’t really thought about the reasons to put a high reserve. i always assumed he put it at $500 or maybe even $1000, because that’s what he was hoping to get. and that afterwards he realised that was a bit too ambitious, so he started with the $300 auction. which is fairly safe, as some people already bid more than that on the first auction.
      if this is really a manoeuvre to push the price up, then that’s lame. but i doubt it really helps. i think he missed out on some bids on the first auction because of that reserve, and the fact that it wasn’t met at $300. and like you mentioned: listing items on ebay costs money.

the seller is now spamming the o-board. quite annoying. all caps posts.

[edit: posts and threads have been deleted]

Arthur
      Spectator

Haha, I couldn’t help but to laugh about the replies he got there. :lol:

I hope he doesn’t sell it all. It’s not that special anyway, and I’m under no circumstances interested in a gold colored obelisk. Since the cd contains the same music as the standard release, there is absolutely no reason for me to add that item to my collection. :P

i’m interested, but i feel $300 is maybe a bit exaggerated. if there are 99 copies of this around, it’s not really that rare.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, i’m interested too, maybe for like, $50?

i know you don’t collect records arthur, but wouldn’t you like to have the alt teargarden theme? i would. but, i’m more interested in the test pressing. ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

i know you don’t collect records arthur, but wouldn’t you like to have the alt teargarden theme?[/quote:ngn38w37]
      I already have that, from a download a while back. :wink:

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

To be fair and perfectly honest, I dont’ even really enjoy vol.1 all that much. I think the box set was overpriced to begin with. I would have been happy to spend the $30 if it came with 3×7\" (including all songs) and a CD in the box. I am a record collector and find it a very tough pill ($300) to swallow. I’m not even sure I could justify $100. A backward track is really not that interesting but…I would like to have it 8)

yeah, exactly. if you think about it, it’s a fairly worthless collectible. ok, only 99 exist, but you don’t get anything special. it’d be worth a lot more if the vinyl contained something different, even if it was just a live version or a demo version of a song.

i think $100 is an ok-ish price, in my opinion. but you have to be realistic here. this is the first time this has been on ebay, and it is quite rare… these aren’t going to sell for $100 for quite a while. heck, even those record store day singles from last year are still (mostly) selling for $100 or more. and they were cheaper to buy in the store ($7-10) and less rare (250 copies of each), compared to this fool’s gold ep 1.

Viewing 29 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.