Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

Hi guys, first post here but have been a lurker for the last year or so, love the site. Have been collecting for around 10 years now but regardless of this I can still walk around my apartment, meaning I still die a little while reading the ‘Post Your Collection’ thread :D

Anyway, greetings aside, I have a question for you all. I came across this Thirty-Three CD the other day, described as a ‘gatefold softcover’ version. Basically, it’s a digipack. But I have never seen one of these before and there’s nothing on the database to suggest it’s common. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Neil!

uberunit
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

looks pretty rare to me. never heard of it. any idea the country of origin?

Arthur
      Spectator

Such a thingy or the likes is also for sale on alibris.com (Alibris ID: 10081761497) and they state:

Format: CD single

Description: Fine. Cd single, SMASHING PUMPKINS: Thirty Three/The Last Song/The Aeroplane Flies High/Transformer, Virgin 38574/stock/gatefold softcover ps/silkscr. /’96…. price, EUR 9.75

Maybe you are referring to this item, uberunit?

This item is in our collection here: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=312 (reference: V25F-38574) and what they mention as \"gatefold softcover\" is just the booklet… :wink:

I hope this clears things up, for this item or the other item?

uberunit
      Spectator

Hmm, I asked whether it was like a digipack and the seller said \"it’s like a digipack, only softer\", which is giving him the opportunity to mention that it’s an inlay/jewel-cased. Awaiting more information like country of origin but I’m stumped. The colours are completely different too. It looks washed-out, probably bad photography, but the blue bar at the bottom of the original release is replaced with a somewhat pink bar.

I can’t tell whether the proportions are right for a digipack, as opposed to just an inlay, but I doubt it’s the original US release :?

uberunit
      Spectator

And I’ll level with you guys; Yes, that is the exact item I have been looking at. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Hmm, I asked whether it was like a digipack and the seller said "it’s like a digipack, only softer", which is giving him the opportunity to mention that it’s an inlay/jewel-cased. Awaiting more information like country of origin but I’m stumped. The colours are completely different too. It looks washed-out, probably bad photography, but the blue bar at the bottom of the original release is replaced with a somewhat pink bar.

I can’t tell whether the proportions are right for a digipack, as opposed to just an inlay, but I doubt it’s the original US release :?[/quote:1acdedcv]
      I don’t know… Maybe it’s re-packed in a different, non-original, package? But the code refers to the US release, that’s for sure! You might want to risk buying it, but with a few more questions to the seller (presuming he is willing to answer them) it might clear it up quickly.

uberunit
      Spectator

I’ve been waiting for an answer to my latest query since Sunday, that’s why I came here. I can’t believe I stumped the SPFreaks board! :D

EAZYE121
      Spectator

It does exist… The problem is that I am pretty sure it is a bootleg. Why? Well, for starters the quality is not good. The paper is thin and is becoming unglued to the tray. Also, the CD is came with has not screenprint on it and is NOT the 33 single it is \"los acuario de mexico: preciosa figura\"

<a href="http://img155.imageshack.us/i/dsc00473k.jpg/:243s85jp][/url:243s85jp”>

<a href="http://img249.imageshack.us/i/dsc00474n.jpg/:243s85jp][/url:243s85jp”>

Arthur
      Spectator

Mexican releases (like promos) are always a bit… cheap looking? This one might be real, presuming it’s from Mexico?

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.