Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

amnesia
      Spectator

So I was at a record store in Seattle today looking for Pumpkins records and the manager told me they have a Tristessa 7\" test pressing, have had it for about two years.

I asked to see it and he told me he didn’t know exactly where it was (odd I thought), but that he planned on selling it soon. Anyhow he told me he’d contact me here soon when he digs it up.

How much is a fair price for this record?

Thanks!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

So I was at a record store in Seattle today looking for Pumpkins records and the manager told me they have a Tristessa 7" test pressing, have had it for about two years.

I asked to see it and he told me he didn’t know exactly where it was (odd I thought), but that he planned on selling it soon. Anyhow he told me he’d contact me here soon when he digs it up.

How much is a fair price for this record?

Thanks![/quote:3bu8v9xq]

$500-1000. see if you can grab for $500.

also,

HOLY SHIT!

wow, crazy!

this is the one on red vinyl, right?

how weird that a record shop would even consider buying this off someone. unless they were able to get it for cheap. (otherwise it’s quite a risky buy: you might not be able to sell it.)

indeed a bit odd that they didn’t know where it was, and that they hadn’t tried to sell it for two years, but are intending to sell it soon. what kind of record shop does that? or is it part of someone’s (his?) personal collection right now?

i hope it’s the real thing, and no misunderstanding or something.

any idea what kind of price they want for it?

MayonaiseBoy
      Spectator

So the guy didn’t have an idea on price for me when I was there. I followed up today and they told me they’d find it and price it by next week for me.

I also asked today what color it was and the guy said he had ‘no clue’. So I’m hoping for the red test pressing, I’m guessing it may end up being a grey copy (which I’d still like to own).

I’ll keep you all posted!

marigold
      Spectator

Crazy. I found one of the rarest items for my collection in a Seattle music store.

Is Seattle the place to be for rare SP items? (other than Chicago) :)

MayonaiseBoy
      Spectator

Really? Can you tell me what item you found in Seattle?

marigold
      Spectator

Not that rare, just rare for me – difficult to find here – a Machina II bootleg CD (probably hundreds of them in the US) – it was a store on 1st Ave in Belltown – I think…it was nearly 2 years ago now…

MayonaiseBoy
      Spectator

So as I have wait for the record store to get back to me, can anyone tell me the history behind the Tristessa 7\" test pressings? I can’t seem to find anything.

Do we know how they entered the marketplace at all?

So as I have wait for the record store to get back to me, can anyone tell me the history behind the Tristessa 7" test pressings? I can’t seem to find anything.

Do we know how they entered the marketplace at all?[/quote:2zzhv8vg]

How did you get on??

MayonaiseBoy
      Spectator

They store told me they thought it was worth $1,500 or more and that they are going to put it to auction on eBay. Lame…

I don’t think they’ll get $1,500, but I doubt that they’ll start the auction any lower than that either, uggghhh….

manillascissor
      Keymaster

fuck em. just 7\"s of wax

amnesia
      Spectator

fuck em. just 7"s of wax[/quote:1s6e86zx]

What Derek said.

Viewing 11 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.