Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

Sven
      Spectator

Whats on your want list? Of course there are crazy items like an official mashed potatoes or ava adore live on Letterman, which everyman and his dog wants and will probably never even come close to getting, but of the \"more available\" pieces what are you searching for? For me i’ve been after

Siamese Dream french sampler
      Daphne Descends
      US Machina / Adore promos
      Gish gold

Its strange, because some of the \"more valuable\" pieces for me were much easier to find, in some cases i’ve seen several but hardly (if any) of these. I could probably fill a whole page with what i’d like to add to my collection, but it’d be cool to see what other collectors are looking for/finding particularly elusive

The aeroplane flies high
      unimaginitive i know
      but still
      me want

reuben
      Spectator

so you’re saying of all the items floating around out there, you want TAFH? :?

gish gold cd yes me too, and now a zeitgeist promo. i’m searching my ass off almost every day!

reuben
      Spectator

hell yes! im in exactly the same boat. not much luck as yet either

yeah… it’s tagged with names, so people might not want their names around, they probably signed a paper or so… next to that i’m searching for all zeitgeists in different colors, and all countries too. is there a special release where you come from reuben?

reuben
      Spectator

im from australia, and as far as i know we are just getting the standard red cover. There is an Australian light blue (different to the UK purple and Target US purple), but it is only a digital iTunes release i believe, with Stellar and Zeitgeist as the bonus tracks. So far im after the yellow, purple, green and red. Ive got the red, red+book and the green. Deciding how im gonna get the yellow and purple at the moment. Might go out today and see if some of the better local record stores have them in as imports, and if not i’ll have to get them online

seiko
      Spectator

I’m always looking for machina art. I became a fan after they broke up and it started with machina so the album has some great value to me. Besides that i think almost all the artwork is really beautifull. So if anyone have some poster leftovers ;).

I always wanted to have an official award. Just look at this!:
      http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=312110

almost the double price of siamese dream in the list.
      http://eil.com/fulltext/search.asp?sear … prodtype=1

so you’re saying of all the items floating around out there, you want TAFH? :?[/quote:o0zkxxez] err… yeah
      i don’t know why, but i do. of course i want the rare stuff, but TAFH is the most likely one out of those i’ll get :lol:
      Of course it’s not the one i want most. but it’s actually slightly tangible :P

I’m always looking for machina art. I became a fan after they broke up and it started with machina so the album has some great value to me. Besides that i think almost all the artwork is really beautifull. So if anyone have some poster leftovers ;).[/quote:3ucqwt1e]
      seen that recent upload on here seiko? that machina litho thingy? let me find it for ya… here you go http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1650

either you download the pics and print em or just keep on longing! kidding mate… but they are awesome indeed

so you’re saying of all the items floating around out there, you want TAFH? :?[/quote:1og9uap7] err… yeah
      i don’t know why, but i do. of course i want the rare stuff, but TAFH is the most likely one out of those i’ll get :lol:
      Of course it’s not the one i want most. but it’s actually slightly tangible :P[/quote:1og9uap7]
      i can understand superlord, that box set is rather widely available however kinda expensive. i remember i bought it for 27.50 bucks but now the prices can be double or triple that

seiko
      Spectator

so you’re saying of all the items floating around out there, you want TAFH? :?[/quote:24dxxyhs] err… yeah
      Of course it’s not the one i want most. but it’s actually slightly tangible :P[/quote:24dxxyhs]

JUst by the award, that overrule all the box owners :)

JUst by the award, that overrule all the box owners :)[/quote:2o725uv3] haha yeah!
      unortuanately the award is about 10 times as much as i can get the boxed set for on amazon… and i don’t think my parents are that generous at christmas…

seiko
      Spectator

JUst by the award, that overrule all the box owners :)[/quote:3i86yzko] haha yeah!
      unortuanately the award is about 10 times as much as i can get the boxed set for on amazon… and i don’t think my parents are that generous at christmas…[/quote:3i86yzko]

Do you want a new one or doesn’t matter? We have a little shop here called ‘play it again’ where people can sell stuff if they need money. Perhaps they have box… i can always take a look for you…

JUst by the award, that overrule all the box owners :)[/quote:h5b55dy9] haha yeah!
      unortuanately the award is about 10 times as much as i can get the boxed set for on amazon… and i don’t think my parents are that generous at christmas…[/quote:h5b55dy9]

Do you want a new one or doesn’t matter? We have a little shop here called ‘play it again’ where people can sell stuff if they need money. Perhaps they have box… i can always take a look for you…[/quote:h5b55dy9] hey thanks! i don’t mind if the box is old or new, as long as it’s in good condition with everything still there :)
      but i honestly don’t know if i’m gonna have the money. because i’m still a teen, i’m still on my pitiful allowance of £20 a month (£5 of which is in hmv vouchers and another £5 goes onto my savings account) and i intend to raid my savings account to see pumpkins at the reading festival :)
      oh and all the money i have actually on me, is being spent on the pumpkins albums i don’t have yet…

reuben
      Spectator

I always wanted to have an official award. Just look at this!:
      http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=312110

almost the double price of siamese dream in the list.
      http://eil.com/fulltext/search.asp?sear … prodtype=1[/quote:1kb0n1mc]

Yeah, i remember seeing that one on ebay a while back, and it went for a real good price, i think around $500 or something. Problem was i was a poor uni student back then, and the seller wasnt posting outside the US. About 2 months ago or so i picked up

[url:1kb0n1mc]http://spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=8[/url:1kb0n1mc]

really cheap and got it shipped over here for probably just over half what eil would’ve charged not including postage. Theyve got some good items, but dont they know it!

Shannen
      Spectator

Yea, reuben – we are in the same boat.

I have been looking around for the Zeitgeist promo CD too. Hopefully I could find it in the States :) .

Might go out today and see if some of the better local record stores have them in as imports, and if not i’ll have to get them online[/quote:3sgcruyu]
      had any luck yet reuben? is there maybe a new zealand release also? heard something about that… not sure…

Sickboy
      Spectator

my want list?
      – I Am One 7\"
      – Siamese Dream 2*12\" pink
      – Mellon Collie 3*12\" numbered or unnumbered
      – PI 12\" gold w/ 7\"
      – Tristessa 7\" grey

I think that be it.

Lull US 12\"
      Lost Highway soundtrack 2LP
      Zeitgeist watermarked cd

and many more

Arthur
      Spectator

Pffff, too much to mention…

A few that come to mind:

-Gish test pressing CD
      -Gish US promo CD
      -Gish Gold CD
      -Siamese Dream test pressing CD
      -Siamese Dream US promo CD

And many many many more!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Lull US 12"
      Zeitgeist watermarked cd

and many more[/quote:zsurlwcn]

There is no Lull US 12". Trust me, I’ve looked and never even seen one referenced. If it is, they are wrong. It doesn’t exist.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I want all 7\" test pressings from the Siamese Dream era. And I want Tarantula/That’s the Way 7\" test pressings, if they exist. Right now is perfect time for them to surface, no luck so far.

I want all South African pressings. Only have like 2 now. And the Tristessa 7\" test pressing, w/o signatures all over it. To me, that brings the value DOWN. lol, I know that sounds weird, but I’m a \"stock condition\" collector.

I used to own the MCIS 3XLP WLP, and sold it in college for some money. :( Very big mistake there.

Lull US 12"
      Zeitgeist watermarked cd

and many more[/quote:3vuwuf0w]

There is no Lull US 12". Trust me, I’ve looked and never even seen one referenced. If it is, they are wrong. It doesn’t exist.[/quote:3vuwuf0w]
      i know someone who said he had one of these. and i trust this person. but just to be sure, i will ask him again. i’ll let you know what happened.

I used to own the MCIS 3XLP WLP, and sold it in college for some money. :( Very big mistake there.[/quote:gmsl7gcw]
      ouch. :(

I want all South African pressings. Only have like 2 now. And the Tristessa 7" test pressing, w/o signatures all over it. To me, that brings the value DOWN. lol, I know that sounds weird, but I’m a "stock condition" collector.[/quote:2xbtoukp] I know what you mean; signatures hold sentimental value for the original owner, but it’s just a lot of ink really for buyers.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Lull US 12"
      Zeitgeist watermarked cd

and many more[/quote:pqyaxx00]

There is no Lull US 12". Trust me, I’ve looked and never even seen one referenced. If it is, they are wrong. It doesn’t exist.[/quote:pqyaxx00]
      i know someone who said he had one of these. and i trust this person. but just to be sure, i will ask him again. i’ll let you know what happened.[/quote:pqyaxx00]

I’d definitely be interested. He may own the only copy ever made!!!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I want all South African pressings. Only have like 2 now. And the Tristessa 7" test pressing, w/o signatures all over it. To me, that brings the value DOWN. lol, I know that sounds weird, but I’m a "stock condition" collector.[/quote:37ozsq78] I know what you mean; signatures hold sentimental value for the original owner, but it’s just a lot of ink really for buyers.[/quote:37ozsq78]

Yeah, so what if someone signed it? Who cares?

Thom
      Spectator

The signatures are just on a plain white paper sleeve, nothing on the disc itself. There’s no way to know if it’s the sleeve it originally came in or not. It came to me that way so I’ll leave it as it is but you could just as easily swap it out into another sleeve.

I’m with you as far as signed records in general though, I much prefer without especially if the signatures are clearly from a later date as in this case. I once saw another copy of this for sale, at least I’m pretty sure it’s not this one. It was in a custom made frame with UV glass in it. It was on ebay years back I couldn’t say when exactly, more than 5 years ago though I think…

Sven
      Spectator

I want all 7" test pressings from the Siamese Dream era. And I want Tarantula/That’s the Way 7" test pressings, if they exist. Right now is perfect time for them to surface, no luck so far.

I want all South African pressings. Only have like 2 now. And the Tristessa 7" test pressing, w/o signatures all over it. To me, that brings the value DOWN. lol, I know that sounds weird, but I’m a "stock condition" collector.

I used to own the MCIS 3XLP WLP, and sold it in college for some money. :( Very big mistake there.[/quote:2lj7kpiv]

just so you know-
      the Tristessa TPs were sold by the SubPop owners to a record store as a big pile of 7"s without sleeves.
      the guys at the store went thru it all by the catalogue etching in the run out groove.
      the ‘original’ TP must have had some kind of sleeve, but the one with the signatures is just a sleeve put on there by the store dudes that bought the pile from SubPop in the first place…or by the owner who didn’t EXACTLY have the TP signed, but the sleeve only—
      so that would make for a signed sleeve for a 7" containing the far more valuable Tristessa 7" TP… ;)

And I’m with you on the Lull EP-
      There is no US 12" version for that release period- never was IMHO. (will stand corrected if one would turn up though ;) )
      I just can’t see why there would have been-
      Traditionally the UK is the vinyl market, subsequent singles/EPs weren’t released by Caroline on vinyl in the US… and there’s yet a single copy to pop up from the US 12" which makes it very hard to believe it exists…

Viewing 29 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.