Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I need to pay a for an eBay item and the seller doesn’t accept PayPal. They want an international bank transfer using a IBAN/BIC number. Anyone ever done this? How much does the bank charge to pull this off?

amnesia
      Spectator

I really dont know tbh.But before betting on a item i always check if they accept paypal,if not i will not bet on that item.

yeah, i just got fucked out of 32 dollars for a dvd, they didn’t accept paypal either.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I really dont know tbh.But before betting on a item i always check if they accept paypal,if not i will not bet on that item.[/quote:613maarp]

Yeah, unfortunately, when dealing in the realm of super crazy rarities, you sometimes have to bend over backwards for the seller. Sometimes even forward, if the item is cool enough. ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I really dont know tbh.But before betting on a item i always check if they accept paypal,if not i will not bet on that item.[/quote:pi0a2f0s]

Mayo-

You need an avatar!!!!! Your posts are almost invisible….

yes yes, an avatar.

amnesia
      Spectator

I really dont know tbh.But before betting on a item i always check if they accept paypal,if not i will not bet on that item.[/quote:1dru0wrw]

Mayo-

You need an avatar!!!!! Your posts are almost invisible….[/quote:1dru0wrw]

Yes thought about it.But how do i do that ?

you have to find a pic, but it can’t be larger than 80 x 80 pixles, and 25 mb right?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

you have to find a pic, but it can’t be larger than 80 x 80 pixles, and 25 mb right?[/quote:1fq35thy]

Shit. I think 80×80 is right. Let me check the MB size.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

25 Kb, not Mb.

well, i was 1/2 right, kinda. or 2/3rds right.

amnesia
      Spectator

Ok manillascissor.I will look into that.But how do i do ? Hmmm.Lemme try first and if i fuck up,ill drop you a msg :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

just take a pic you like that will look good small and shrink and save it to your computer. in paint and those kind of programs you can usually check the size.

you do need a pic. it spiffys up your posts and makes them more noticeable. :wink:

I need to pay a for an eBay item and the seller doesn’t accept PayPal. They want an international bank transfer using a IBAN/BIC number. Anyone ever done this? How much does the bank charge to pull this off?[/quote:1u83lf4z]
      iban = international bank account number
      bic / swift = bank identifier code

these codes are standardized, and used to make payments within europe. very easy, because now you no longer have to worry about the format of foreign bank account numbers.

i don’t know if you can make a payment using these two numbers when you’re in the united states. i imagine making a bank transfer from the usa to a european account will be expensive, no matter if you use iban/bic or another way to identify the seller’s bank account. more info at your bank, i guess.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

cool. thanks, cool.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I need to pay a for an eBay item and the seller doesn’t accept PayPal. They want an international bank transfer using a IBAN/BIC number. Anyone ever done this? How much does the bank charge to pull this off?[/quote:201hum7s]
      iban = international bank account number
      bic / swift = bank identifier code

these codes are standardized, and used to make payments within europe. very easy, because now you no longer have to worry about the format of foreign bank account numbers.

i don’t know if you can make a payment using these two numbers when you’re in the united states. i imagine making a bank transfer from the usa to a european account will be expensive, no matter if you use iban/bic or another way to identify the seller’s bank account. more info at your bank, i guess.[/quote:201hum7s]

Ugh. Still trying to pay for this freaking item. BUT, I have it all figured out now. For anyone’s information, you need the following to send a payment internationally, using IBAC/BIC:

Receiving Bank Name
      Receiving Bank Address
      IBAC
      BIC – Also referred to as a SWIFT #
      Recipients Name
      Recipients Address

I’m told by my bank that these are required by Federal laws, so there is no getting around it. It’s just that the seller and I are on two different continents, so our back and forth emails take a day each. I’ve walked into that bank twice now, without enough information. But, third times a charm!!!!

Helpful site: http://www.swift.com

Viewing 15 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.