Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Rocket Baby Dolls
      Spectator

I just noticed Bram uploaded a new version of Zero, which says Made in EU.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1965

But because the matrix code says \"842046 2 . 4 EMI SWINDON 1-1-1-NL IFPI AAHA3\", I think it was pressed (at least the CD) in the UK. EMI SWINDON is found on UK CDs, EMI UDEN is found on NL CDs. Could this be right?

does the \"1-1-1-NL\" mean something? i thought this might be a reference to the netherlands maybe?

Arthur
      Spectator

does the "1-1-1-NL" mean something? i thought this might be a reference to the netherlands maybe?[/quote:1udshf8n]
      Tsss, I completely overlooked that detail. I’m sure it is a reference to the country NL yes. According to Sven UDEN has closed down a few years ago, so it is more likely to only find SWINDON on recent releases. We presume the order for this release originated from Holland, and was manufactured in Swindon UK, or that the release was intended for the Dutch market. The first option is the most likely we think.

i think the cd was made in holland.

since they photoshopped the UK into EU (underneath the barcode and on the cd), i’m sure it is not just intended for the dutch market.
      in fact, i bought this one from an australian online store. (when i ordered it, it was unavailable for months, and only a couple of months ago, it came back in stock and my order was processed.)

Arthur
      Spectator

Sven and his girlfriend are staying here with me for the weekend, and today we went out to check some things at a local record store. Harry, the guy from the store, looked up some things for us in his ordering system. Zero EU (or any other for that matter) is not available, nor is Mellon Collie made in France (NL version is available however). Same for Mellon Collie vinyl. It looks like it is the same situation here in The Netherlands as in Belgium (doesn’t surprise me much).

Another source from the US (that was on the Utrecht Record Fair also) strongly believes the Mellon Collie unnumbered vinyl is a bootleg. I asked the guy why he thinks so, or what proof he has, but he hasn’t come back to me yet.

Regarding the MCIS 3LP: I’m also leaning more towards believing that it is a bootleg.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

bump

i just bought a UK Zero CD. I think it said Hut on the back. anyway, time will tell once i get it in the mail. it could be the NL pressing, but i don’t have that either, so it’s a win-win.

The Zero EP was one of the first SP items i bought. It was store bought aswell. I’ll go and dig it out and give you the dirt.

Edit:

Pretty much mint. Printed on the front of the CD:

74243 8 42046 2 4
      HUTCD 73
      LC 3098
      Made In UK

Shiny ring round the back:

842046 2
      4:1:14
      EMI Swindon

Hope this helps.

Edit 2: Kinda ignore this, as i just re-read that it was the EU version that you wanted info on. The ring info on my copy differs slightly to whats on the site already though. I’ll go back into my hole now :P

Viewing 7 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.