Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’ve recently been revitalized a bit with the new shows with my enthusiasm/work ethic when it comes to SP. Little or well known, I entered most all of the information for the tour setlists on Siva. If anyone is up for it, I’m reaching out for a little help. I know in a lot of older concerts there are teases and/or mistakes in some of the setlists. Also, a lot more bootlegs seem to be making their way around, so access to listening to the shows has become easier. The challenge, if you want to call it that, is to find new information for older shows. Add teases, corrections and all that. No one has to help, but I’d thought I’d put it out there. I thought perhaps the views around here would be more akin to it rather then the blamo boards. So, if you’re interested, contact me via pm and we can go over it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. There is no set time limit or any junk like that. It’s just hard for one person to do it and others may recognize what I don’t. :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hey nite
      i’d help if i knew anything about setlists of live shows, but that area is not my expertise. hope you find the help you need!

niteshyft
      Spectator

Someone asked for a clarification on what I posted earlier, so I wrote back and decided to post the example of what I wrote to clarify what I was getting at.

For example. Say you find a mid 1996 concert and a lot them had Porcelina played with a tease of Rocket and/or Beautiful sometimes. A lot of the ones listed show neither being teased with them while they did it. Finding a show that shows it as not having them teased along with, but actually having a record example of them being teased confirms they were and I’d update the listing accordingly. :) Sounds complex perhaps, but it’s simple really. Find something on a tour date from before that isn’t listed, confirm it and add it. Any questions? :)

Sounds a lot like what splra.org is doing. Next to setlists, with all possible teases and whatnot, they also have information on different recordings, transcriptions of banter, …

Maybe you can work together? I’m sure they have useful information for you, and maybe you can add info to their wiki if you find something new.

([url:qml0vb5l]http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page[/url:qml0vb5l])

milan
      Spectator

niteshyft, this is (as Bram said) exactly what the splra.org is doing. If you need an account on the wiki please contact me at milan@starla.org.
      we could definitely use more banter for the recent concerts for example.

cheers, Milan.

Arthur
      Spectator

niteshyft, I have done my part of the live music research already, it’s all here.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=TOURHISTORY

It contains all the info from 1987 – 1996 + 2007 & 2008 (partly) and many years even have mm:ss info!

But since all the other jobs around SPfreaks.com take so much time, I have stopped updating it… :cry:

niteshyft
      Spectator

If anyone has a minute, I found one clip that perplexed me. It kinda sounds like noodling, but I could be wrong, so asking on here.

http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1992-01-19.flac16

The beginning of the Crush track almost sounds like a song, but I can’t place if it is or just noodling like I said above. Any opinions or answers would rock :)

Tion
      Spectator

hmm… the last few tunes remindes me on \"when the saints go marching in\"…

its quite funny :P

niteshyft
      Spectator

hmm… the last few tunes remindes me on "when the saints go marching in"…

its quite funny :P[/quote:17ble1vo]

You’re right, but I don’t think that’s it. It sounds so familiar too.

Also, found a full song "improv" it sounds like a song from the 50’s or 60’s that I just can’t place my finger on.

http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1996-04-19.fm.flac16

and then another from a 92 show. The unknown improv, although it could just be an extended Siva intro. Opinions?

http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1992-01-24.flac16

If anyone doesn’t want me doing this, just kick me in the head :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hmm… the last few tunes remindes me on "when the saints go marching in"…

its quite funny :P[/quote:15hzxavm]

your avatar has to be 80×80 pixels, and a maximum size of 25kB.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I like your approach now nite. Give us what you are wondering about and we can provide feedback. Works well for the lazy society that I am unfortunately contributing to day by day.

niteshyft
      Spectator

I like your approach now nite. Give us what you are wondering about and we can provide feedback. Works well for the lazy society that I am unfortunately contributing to day by day.[/quote:3ga4tx6k]

This one has a few gems in it. Now that you don’t mind :D

The soundcheck is fun to listen to, you can hear a few songs. Didn’t get a chance to listen to the improv yet as I’m heading out.

http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1992-07-23.flac16

Arthur
      Spectator

your avatar has to be 80×80 pixels, and a maximum size of 25kB.[/quote:21wamnvq]
      What you always wanted to know about SPfreaks.com, but were afraid to ask…

I can now go to sleep in peace. Thank you my friend. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

I like your approach now nite. Give us what you are wondering about and we can provide feedback. Works well for the lazy society that I am unfortunately contributing to day by day.[/quote:1ddb9rd0]

are you calling us lazy :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I like your approach now nite. Give us what you are wondering about and we can provide feedback. Works well for the lazy society that I am unfortunately contributing to day by day.[/quote:2lo045wy]

are you calling us lazy :lol:[/quote:2lo045wy]

hell no.

i’ve never met a lazy spfreak! (myself excluded).

blueczarina
      Spectator

I like your approach now nite. Give us what you are wondering about and we can provide feedback. Works well for the lazy society that I am unfortunately contributing to day by day.[/quote:2bfkc50r]

are you calling us lazy :lol:[/quote:2bfkc50r]

hell no.

i’ve never met a lazy spfreak! (myself excluded).[/quote:2bfkc50r]

oh good :lol: lol

i just wasn’t sure who you were referring too :wink:

Viewing 15 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.