Viewing 104 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

yep, it’s another announcement of an announcement. :roll:

Major announcement coming regarding new and old SP music this Tuesday 4/26; with a video blog post by Billy Corgan on SP Facebook. http://on.fb.me/goxREc[/quote:1848clty]

This does sound a lot more set in stone.

It seems like he was waiting til the Zero t-shirt auction was over, so this big news wouldn’t overshadow the auction.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I hope it’s an actual announcement this time. :?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

It seems like he was waiting til the Zero t-shirt auction was over, so this big news wouldn’t overshadow the auction.[/quote:10bkoku6]

nah, most releases are pushed on tuesdays. i have no idea why, it’s just the cycle the music industry is on.

marigold
      Spectator

True, but it could have been last Tuesday, since the week before he was saying ‘any minute now’….

Arthur
      Spectator

Why would the announcement of a new release be on a Tuesday also? :roll:

marigold
      Spectator

I think it would be on Monday if it weren’t for Easter.

or Tuesday is just a magic day! :P

Arthur
      Spectator

or Tuesday is just a magic day! :P[/quote:r69vljuq]
      I doubt that. 9-11 happened on a Tuesday. Hitler was born on a Tuesday. The last dinosaur died on a Tuesday. My bad hairdays are always on Tuesdays (or was it bald hairdays? Whatever…). WWI started on a Tuesday. On Tuesday, October 29th, 1929 the Dow dropped 12% following a previous day’s drop of 13%. This day is now known as Black Tuesday. Last year my birthday was on a Tuesday, and it passed without any celebration of any kind. Machina, The Machines Of God, arguably the worst Smashing Pumpkins album (and the last official album before the break-up), was released on 2000/02/29, which was a… Tuesday, yes sir! So, it’s a bad bad day anyway, this "magic" Tuesday. :cry:

toad32r
      Spectator

……….Im sleeping in on Tuesdays from now on…..lol

marigold
      Spectator

:? maybe Billy shouldn’t make this announcement on Tuesday, whatever it is could be doomed.

amnesia
      Spectator

Ughhh, another announcement of an announcement.Same old shit then.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

Danni
      Spectator

\"THE SMASHING PUMPKINS WILL GET THE FULLY REMASTERED TREATMENT AS EMI MUSIC ANNOUNCES EXTENSIVE PLANS TO REISSUE
      THE BAND’S ACCLAIMED CATALOG STARTING WITH ‘GISH,’ ‘SIAMESE DREAM’ & ‘PISCES ISCARIOT’ THIS FALL.

THE BAND WILL ALSO RECORD NEW ‘ALBUM WITHIN AN ALBUM’ IN MAY\"

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php … 1&comments

Danni
      Spectator

Machina II ‘ early Pumpkins practises from 1987? Interesting.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

billy is still trying to secure the rights to his hair. negotiations still pending. :(

amnesia
      Spectator

It all sounds so exciting and fantastic, however im not excited about this.Reason why, because its Billy.
      I will get excisted when im holding the new album and the remastered cds in my hands.Lets see what will happiend, untill then im taking all this with a grain of salt.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Not me. I’m putting all my eggs in this basket. Hollywood or bust! :roll:

Questions though;

1. PI is a collection of \"Bsides and rarities\". so…..they are planning a reissue of Bsides and rarities with additional bsides and rarities?

2. Aren’t the songs on PI from Gish and SD sessions? Which leaves the question, what bsides and rarites would be left, after the expanded reissue of PI, to be included on the STILL IN PRINT Gish/SD albums?

Danni
      Spectator

I hope they’ll (he) make Glynis available on a SP release. That’s about time, dammit. Bonustrack on SD?

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I hope they’ll (he) make Glynis available on a SP release. That’s about time, dammit. Bonustrack on SD?[/quote:20e9m6bk]

I second this idea. :D

amnesia
      Spectator

I love Glynis, Great song it is :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Also Owata is goin to get released soon.Looking forward for that, kinda like the song, so im excited about that atleast :wink:

marigold
      Spectator

Excellent news! :D I had a feeling he had secured those rights!

I wonder what songs will be on Oceania? There’s a pic of Australia in the video – maybe he will use that didgeridoo.

Also – HIGH GRADE VINYL – for all you collectors! :D

I hope what he says will happen this year, will happen. A new song, new album, reissues and tour, and he has all these side projects going on. I hope he doesn’t get sidetracked. Didn’t he say he was going to concentrate on his book? :?

There could be songs we don’t know about around the Pisces Iscariot time, or the ones we know about such as Purr Snickety, Moleasskiss, and the Gravity Demos.

Mellon Collie – with added songs Feelium, Autumn Nocturne, Depresso and Methusela 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

manillascissor
      Keymaster

announcement of an announcement about an album within an album while remastering a remaster. someone’s been hanging around xhibit too long.

Sauli
      Spectator

There could be songs we don’t know about around the Pisces Iscariot time, or the ones we know about such as Purr Snickety, Moleasskiss, and the Gravity Demos.
      [/quote:1znvuvzs]

I think, if there’s additional songs, PI would most likely have at least ‘Not Worth Asking’ & ‘Honeyspider’ as bonus tracks, also maybe some other "Friends" songs.. Probably nothing "new"…

marigold
      Spectator

yeah, I am wondering if there are any songs that we don’t know about. We will just have to wait and see!
      If there is just an album remastered, no extra tracks, I won’t be interested in it.

marigold
      Spectator

announcement of an announcement about an album within an album while remastering a remaster. someone’s been hanging around xhibit too long.[/quote:1ldlp7q7]

I can tell you are excited about this.

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m sure this is going to be something nice. But I’m hoping (& not really expecting) that with the remastered release of Mellon Collie, it comes with a few extra discs with the full versions of the Pastichio Medley clips. Me Rock You Snow! :lol:

By the way, Glynis was already released on a compilation album called \"No Alternative\". Of course it should be included on any future b-sides release, but it’s not going to make my heart jump. What will make my heart jump however, is releasing old-and-never-surfaced songs like Hippy Trippy (presuming it’s not a working title for a song we already know).

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah, I know it was on \"No Alternative\", still would be cool to see that track on an official SP release, though.

I REALLY sincerely hope that there is a recorded studio version of \"Razor\" somewhere in the archive, at least. That would be a smasher.

amnesia
      Spectator

I REALLY sincerely hope that there is a recorded studio version of "Razor" somewhere in the archive, at least. That would be a smasher.[/quote:37o1vv67]

Yup.Would love to hear a studio version of it as well.
      Its a great tune!!

Arthur
      Spectator

I REALLY sincerely hope that there is a recorded studio version of "Razor" somewhere in the archive, at least. That would be a smasher.[/quote:1l7o11wg]

Yup.Would love to hear a studio version of it as well.
      Its a great tune!![/quote:1l7o11wg]
      Second that big times!

Sven
      Spectator

I’m sure this is going to be something nice. But I’m hoping (& not really expecting) that with the remastered release of Mellon Collie, it comes with a few extra discs with the full versions of the Pastichio Medley clips. Me Rock You Snow! :lol:

By the way, Glynis was already released on a compilation album called "No Alternative". Of course it should be included on any future b-sides release, but it’s not going to make my heart jump. What will make my heart jump however, is releasing old-and-never-surfaced songs like Hippy Trippy (presuming it’s not a working title for a song we already know).

[/quote:2w53rvz5]

Second that…

Plus: Hippy Trippy is a song.. as far as Joe S. told me it’s not a working title :)))

Arthur
      Spectator

Machina II ‘ early Pumpkins practises from 1987? Interesting.[/quote:2gjmzp5d]
      Yeah… What I heard is they will put Machina and Machina II together as 1 release in 2013… remixed, remastered & tracks put in the right order? Sounds cool.

And what highly interests me also is the anecdote in the video that Smashing Pumpkins might be releasing the live material, like the "final" show… I think I’m getting a little pumped now about this news. Thanks, Billy. 8)

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Yeah… What I heard is they will put Machina and Machina II together as 1 release in 2013… remixed, remastered & tracks put in the right order? Sounds cool.[/quote:1xe55bn7]

The key for me here is remixed and in the right order. He made mention of how unhappy "some people" (I think he means himself) have been with the mixes on Machina. I wonder which mix he’ll use of Try or Glass or HMM etc. and which one he’ll cut and turn into a bonus track. Take for instance he reworked HMM and BSBT for a live setting and I think it was for the better. I’m hoping those were studio mixes he has available for this release. Realistically, Machina and Machina II as one album should be a 3x or 4x LP release that is hopfully in a box of some sort.

Do we know of any additional tracks that were recorded at that time that haven’t been released on the albums or singles as b-sides?

Arthur
      Spectator

Do we know of any additional tracks that were recorded at that time that haven’t been released on the albums or singles as b-sides?[/quote:84222s2a]
      Autumn, Drain, Laugh, Here I Am, Lover, Death Boogie… Probably much more that we don’t know about.

Info from SPFC.org:

"Machina was haphazardly recorded at Pumpkinland over a span of ten months. Many alternate versions exist of the songs, as the band consistently toyed with their arrangement. The songs on the final album often consisted of combinations of a few different arrangements of each song. In other words, the Machina tracks continually evolved throughout the year, and the tape was rolling during their transformation. Radio was an early incarnation of I of the Mourning, just as Slow Song was of Crying Tree of Mercury and Disco King was of The Everlasting Gaze. The second movement of Glass and the Ghost Children is actually a bit of the six-minute Le Deux Machina (which multiple versions exist of). Go is apparently a James song that was left off the album.

A tape called "the Friends and Enemies of Modern Music" has surfaced, most likely compiled early on during the sessions. The tape included early mixes and recordings of several Machina tracks (most with live-band arrangements) as well as soundboard recordings of Money (That’s What I Want) and XYU from the 10/31/98 show. The tape also included an alternate Heavy Metal Machine with both different lyrics and a different main riff, and an arrangement of Blue Skies Bring Tears much like The Arising! version."

Sven
      Spectator

please remember Machina and Machine II were meant to be a doubel concept album in their own right, again…

Virgin wouldn’t have it so we got M1 and then the fuck you M2.

Now: I’m pretty excited about the M-project if all pans out as per resequencing and all.
      It’s not the mixes BC’s concerned about.
      Just check the 200 tours.
      He’s fond of the M2 tracks, too.
      It’s all about the tracks and remastering….

The mixes were OK-d by BC on M1 too.

Arthur
      Spectator

Our newest team member Debby wrote a news item about this, I put some pics to it, and the frontpage is updated. Thanks Debby! 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

amnesia
      Spectator

Oh lala :P

Anyway :P It would be super cool if Billy would release a alternate Machina album, with all those alternate versions of the songs from that particular era.I doubt it will happien, but hey, he might release a few of those, but not as an entire whole album.

marigold
      Spectator

Our newest team member Debby wrote a news item about this, I put some pics to it, and the frontpage is updated. Thanks Debby! 8)[/quote:20dj5wls]

Thanks Arthur! And glad you could get that up on the front page a lot quicker than me!

And uhhmm, I guess that means you approve, Derek. :P

marigold
      Spectator

http://www.spfc.org/news-press/articles … nt_id=2322

transcript from the video

So I think that pretty much covers it. I’m sure I forgot something. Can you think of anything I forgot? No? No, that’s it. [/quote:hwp0qzna]

He didn’t mention the Chicago songs project. I hope that’s still on his plan for this year.

salkema
      Spectator

Like Sven said Hippy Trippy is a song…never heard before. Joe S. also told me a couple of months ago over the phone that he has a tape with this song and other pre-gish, gish songs in it as well.
      I’m really pumped about the stuff in the archives!

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m really pumped about the stuff in the archives![/quote:10brgygw]
      Same here, I’m totally with you… And the fun thing is: the early stuffs of 1987 – 1994 is going to be released this year already! 8)

1 thing I noticed, but don’t understand. The Aeroplane Flies High is considered an album? Technically it is a set of EPs thrown in a box… But OK, fair enough, the total amount of songs makes up to a double album. And I don’t hear anything (yet) about Lull, but I’m really hoping we will see at least Slunk (or even better, it’s alternate take Chump, with Jimmy on the vox! 8) ) and Bye June on the list of Billy?

Danni
      Spectator

http://smashingpumpkins.visibli.com/share/226bcd

Does this mean that the AFH-box set will be released on vinyl also? And that MC&IS will be re-released?

Arthur
      Spectator

Yes and yes. This is word-by-word what Billy said:

\"So by Christmas this year, Gish, Siamese Dream and Pisces Iscariot will all come out re-issued, re-mastered, with some extra tracks, unreleased things. And then in 2012, you’ll see Mellon Collie, Aeroplane Flies High, and Adore. And all this stuff will also be on vinyl, we’ll do really high-grade vinyl re-issues.\"

And thanks for that link, Opiate! Look at this part of the interview, it’s amazing! :shock:

Is it too early to talk about some of the bonus material that we can expect on any of the reissues?

\"Yeah, only because there’s so much material to go through. It’s mind-boggling. I was just in Chicago, and there were 700 cassettes all with material on them. Four-tracks, eight-tracks, board tapes…and there’s 4,000 DATs. We have 41,000 pieces of things in our archive. We hired a professional archivist to go have a look at it all, and he said he’d never seen anything like it.

\"I’ve been sort of a completist from the very beginning. In fact, I found a tape of me and James Iha at the very beginning of the band, and we’re sitting in my bedroom recording my songs. It’s like we were doing a mini bedroom concert. Why I was documenting to that level, I don’t know. The nice thing, though, is that we can add it to this deal.

\"What’s going to go on Gish…it’s hard to say. We have to locate masters; some things have to remixed, while others have never been properly mixed. It’s going to take a while.\"

manillascissor
      Keymaster

manillascissor
      Keymaster

"….And then in 2012, you’ll see Mellon Collie, Aeroplane Flies High, and Adore. And all this stuff will also be on vinyl, we’ll do really high-grade vinyl re-issues."
      [/quote:19ne8ovt]

I really think he accidentally lumped TAFH in here. I mean, he refers to it as a vinyl re-issue, but it’s never been issued on vinyl to begin with.

I guess I’m wondering, who foots the bill for manufacturing this material? In the end, does EMI just press whatever Billy wants, even if it’s a huge flop? That doesn’t make a whole lot of cents.

Arthur
      Spectator

I really think he accidentally lumped TAFH in here. I mean, he refers to it as a vinyl re-issue, but it’s never been issued on vinyl to begin with.[/quote:r1rolz7n]
      LOL, you’re right… But I read it differently: the release will be re-issued on vinyl now. So to me it made sense.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I read this to mean that they will all be reissued and they will all be given the high grade vinyl treatment.

I’m also assuming that everything will get a CD reissue. The question for me is, will only the CDs be remixed, remastered and include the bonus tracks, or will the vinyl be getting the same thing as well?

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m also assuming that everything will get a CD reissue. The question for me is, will only the CDs be remixed, remastered and include the bonus tracks, or will the vinyl be getting the same thing as well?[/quote:13fm3czm]
      Nothing has been said so far about cds, but I’m hoping the same. I’m a cd collector. And I also hope there will be no differences between the future cd and vinyl re-releases, but… For commercial reasons, there will be differences, I’m afraid.

marigold
      Spectator

There’s more details of the reissues in this article:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … s-20110505

so, with each reissue, there will be a bonus disc of previously unreleased material.

Will there be previously unheard songs?
      I’ve gone on some message boards to see what fans are saying, and they think they’ve heard everything and they haven’t. There’s a lot of stuff we have that no one’s ever heard.[/quote:dok3xsa9]

8)

I wonder if he checked spfreaks! :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

I wonder if he checked spfreaks! :lol:[/quote:3ott4nhz]
      He might have! :shock:

Danni
      Spectator

SP: \"A 4 track cassette about to be transferred.
      We just finished transferring 60+ four track tapes from Gish/Siamese era. Each tape is about 20 min long.\"

Things are happening?

marigold
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

Yup. I wished such pics were less blurry so I could read all of the track titles. Bleh.

Sven
      Spectator

Yup. I wished such pics were less blurry so I could read all of the track titles. Bleh.[/quote:soxvgyaa]

an attempt:

*in black*
      bury me – 1st version
      Prayer Music (>>> my guess!!! – >>> not a song but some samples or something)
      Daydream
      Bury Me
      C’Mon 1
      C’Mon 2
      Acoustic #2 (>>> could this be Blue??? refer to the PI liner notes!!!)

*in blue*
      S (c (?) M (?) ?? (??) – NON ACOUSTIC – "HEAR ALL" (????)

marigold
      Spectator

I think it’s:

bury me – 1st version
      Prayer Music
      Daydream
      Final Pre-cursor to C’Mon
      Bury Me
      C’Mon 1
      C’Mon 2
      Acoustic #2

SEMI-NON ACOUSTIC – \"HEAL ME\"

Sven
      Spectator

I think it’s:

bury me – 1st version
      Prayer Music
      Daydream
      Final Pre-cursor to C’Mon
      Bury Me
      C’Mon 1
      C’Mon 2
      Acoustic #2

SEMI-NON ACOUSTIC – "HEAL ME"[/quote:36rgke12]

agreed, sorry, missed the precursor one…:)

looks like \"semi-new acoustic\" to me.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

looks like "semi-new acoustic" to me.[/quote:eh9zh0kc]

yeah, semi-non makes no sense

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

…i’m trying to think of what to do with my pre-gish music? . . . perhaps a private press vinyl series? say 100 copies of each volume that could be auctioned for charity but never sold. marked/pre SP music!”
      [/quote:28y5xxx2]

Latest from Billy…..Now, how to get my hands on these (*should they actually get pressed)

Arthur
      Spectator

Would be extremely unfair to the hardcore fans WITHOUT the big bucks. Not a good idea, Billy! :evil:

(Unless there will be a CD release for a standard price also, after all.)

And I don’t think it is HEAL ME, but REAL DIE, on that cassette. And semi-non does make sense, but it says semi-new indeed. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, i don’t like that idea either. but, he’ll do whatever he wants.

Danni
      Spectator

http://smashingpumpkins.visibli.com/share/4b19d4

Private press vinyl series? :o That might be interesting. For millionaires?

marigold
      Spectator

Update from Billy:
      \"working on a new song called ‘glissandra’…it’s pretty, and loud. pretty and loud always works for me…\"

ugh, the song title…

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

That’s the exact same reaction I had when I read the song title. :)

And I don’t think it is HEAL ME, but REAL DIE, on that cassette.[/quote:2dp30u3c]
      i don’t think so.
      i think it says "heal me".

Danni
      Spectator

Looks like \"Heal Me\". Will try reading it after a couple of drinks.

Arthur
      Spectator

This is what HU made out of it.

•Bury Me – 1st version
      •Prayer Music
      •Daydream
      •Funk Precursor to C’Mon
      •Bury Me
      •C’Mon 1
      •C’Mon 2
      •Acoustic #2
      •Semi-New Acoustic “Heal Me”

marigold
      Spectator

Looks like "Heal Me". Will try reading it after a couple of drinks.[/quote:75ct4k03]

:lol: yep, it might be more legible then!

marigold
      Spectator

I don’t think As Rome Burns will be on Oceania:

Me:
      petition to get As Rome Burns on #Oceania @SmashingPumpkin @Billy #signed

Billy:
      @marigoldfairy @SmashingPumpkin please, don’t bother

and a bit later he said:
      \"the true mark of dedication i have for my great fans is by releasing new MUSIC, music that lives and breathes in the here and NOW’

so it will be ALL NEW music

Arthur
      Spectator

Cool, that Billy answers to you directly. :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Nice try Deb…Shame it will not be on the new album..Id kill for a studio version of As Rome Burns and Gossamer :twisted:

Arthur
      Spectator

Tssss, no wayyy! Just send you a PM, dear Ayoe! :lol:

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I still wish Billy would post the track list to Oceania but I think he’s just teasing us on Twitter. :evil:

marigold
      Spectator

O//Pale Horse/Panopticon/The Chimera/Four Winds Chime/Glissandra/Inkless/My Love is Winter/Special K/Pinwheels/Oceania/Violet Rays/Quasar

‘subject to change’

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

haha, I saw that earlier on Twitter.
      I guess he answered by Twitter prayer.

I’m so pumped for My Love is Winter and Glissandra. Only excited for the latter one because I think the name sounds pretty bad ass. :)

marigold
      Spectator

I think it’s pretty cool he named one Panopticon (if that song stays on the album) – it is also the name of an old Machina era website! 8)

http://web.archive.org/web/200203261614 … ticon.com/

Also interesting to compare the songs we have now, with the old whiteboard tracklisting from late 2009:

Arthur
      Spectator

O//Pale Horse/Panopticon/The Chimera/Four Winds Chime/Glissandra/Inkless/My Love is Winter/Special K/Pinwheels/Oceania/Violet Rays/Quasar

‘subject to change'[/quote:1ysil3cz]

‘changed’

26//Pale Giraf/Postopticon/Another creature from another Apulian plate/Five Winds Organ/Skincare System/Spot On/My Hatred is also Winter/Ketamine/Squarefoot/Oceania/Blue Marks/High End Wheels[/quote:1ysil3cz]

marigold
      Spectator

I think there will be videos of some old SP concerts released with the re-releases of the albums. I am not completely sure of this, just going on some things I have heard.
      Also, Kerry Brown is following me on Twitter now. 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

when i read the new tracklist, i got mental goosebumps. this one is gonna be good.

marigold
      Spectator

billy corgan wrote:
      ‘changed’

26//Pale Giraf/Postopticon/Another creature from another Apulian plate/Five Winds Organ/Skincare System/Spot On/My Hatred is also Winter/Ketamine/Squarefoot/Oceania/Blue Marks/High End Wheels[/quote:36ual3a1]

where is this from???

Arthur
      Spectator

where is this from???[/quote:163vwfzf]
      Billy’s alternate account on Spitter. I’m the only other member, with a link to him. :P

No seriously, just a set of fantasy titles, made up by the undersigned. Look at the original track titles, and you will know how I came to this set of new titles… For example, Special K also stands for Ketamine drugs. The Chimera is an animal from the Greek mythology, often found on ancient Greek Apulian plates. Quasar is a wheel brand. Now go figure out the rest! :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

when i read the new tracklist, i got mental goosebumps. this one is gonna be good.[/quote:1zvwu3k4]
      Why do you think so?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

idk. when i read the tracklist though, i got all excited. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Right. I’m neutral, I guess. We’ll see.

marigold
      Spectator

where is this from???[/quote:2ri0h9rh]
      Billy’s alternate account on Spitter. I’m the only other member, with a link to him. :P

No seriously, just a set of fantasy titles, made up by the undersigned. Look at the original track titles, and you will know how I came to this set of new titles… For example, Special K also stands for Ketamine drugs. The Chimera is an animal from the Greek mythology, often found on ancient Greek Apulian plates. Quasar is a wheel brand. Now go figure out the rest! :lol:[/quote:2ri0h9rh]

:lol: and :roll:

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZemTcTyJKs[/youtube]

guitar pedals, and also you can hear Nicole tracking ‘Pale Horse’ in the background. 8)

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

[url:1du1ao8z]http://glittercop.blogspot.com/2011/08/smashing-pumpkins-other-side-of.html[/url:1du1ao8z]

New blog for Kerry.

The highlights are:
      Oceania will be out next year instead of this year. (We all kinda figured this.)
      Gish and Siamese Dream re-issues will be out November 15th.
      Pisces, Mellon Collie, TAFH and Adore re-issues will be out in 2012.
      Machina I and II will be packaged together and re-issued in 2013.

marigold
      Spectator

[url:315ohgmk]http://glittercop.blogspot.com/2011/08/smashing-pumpkins-other-side-of.html[/url:315ohgmk]

New blog for Kerry.

The highlights are:
      Oceania will be out next year instead of this year. (We all kinda figured this.)
      Gish and Siamese Dream re-issues will be out November 15th.
      Pisces, Mellon Collie, TAFH and Adore re-issues will be out in 2012.
      Machina I and II will be packaged together and re-issued in 2013.[/quote:315ohgmk]

Who figured it would be early next year? I thought October…. :roll:

Excited for November reissues though! :)

Arthur
      Spectator

My birthday celebration is in December… hint… hint… :wink:

marigold
      Spectator

Nice timing – did you ask Billy personally? :P

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I thought Pisces was supposed to be this year also…BOOOOO

does anyone know where this picture comes from?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i like everything except the fonts (they are quite boring). however, i really hope that is unofficial, because i could probably gather more excitement from an ink blotter test.

Arthur
      Spectator

i could probably gather more excitement from an ink blotter test.[/quote:o8v94ehn]
      :lol:

I think it’s so-so, this artwork. I’m hoping it’s a concept only, and the real deal will be a little more fancy.

Like this a bit, maybe.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Reggaeluv, Carrie, who use to post here made that fish drawing as some kind of fan art i guess and posted it somewhere. i don’t know where and i guess the site jacked it and used it from where ever it was. its not official art though obviously. and the only reason i know this is because she posted about it on facebook with a link to the article.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that pink pic reminds of the 70’s and sea monkeys for some reason. i think its because i have this old sea monkey ad with two sea monkey people on a blue background from a Casper the Ghost comic book from the 60’s.

marigold
      Spectator

Reggaeluv, Carrie, who use to post here made that fish drawing as some kind of fan art i guess and posted it somewhere. i don’t know where and i guess the site jacked it and used it from where ever it was. its not official art though obviously. and the only reason i know this is because she posted about it on facebook with a link to the article.[/quote:3pkfne6j]

Yep, they just found her artwork and took it for their article.

thanks for the answer. that explains it.

i would have been surprised if any official artwork was already out there. they’re still recording it, right?

marigold
      Spectator

I think people should find out who the artist is before making comments. Sorry, a bit pissed off by that and the fact that the author of the article just used it without any research. I work on a newsletter and always have to reference photographers or artists when pictures are used, so that is just crappy journalism.

the artwork on the official site is a bit trippy, it never seems to match the album artwork though.

marigold
      Spectator

I think people should find out who the artist is before making comments. Sorry, a bit pissed off by that and the fact that the author of the article just used it without any research. I work on a newsletter and always have to reference photographers or artists when pictures are used, so that is just crappy journalism. [/quote:2h7hkhhb]
      you can tell it’s a crappy journalist from reading the article. it looks like some sentences are missing some words.

marigold
      Spectator

you can tell it’s a crappy journalist from reading the article. it looks like some sentences are missing some words.[/quote:14ih4opa]

I dunno, it seems like a whole sentence is missing in the 4th paragraph though.

Also
      "This mini-tour coincides with their greatest hits CD." Huh?

yeah, that sentence also got me scratching my hair.

Arthur
      Spectator

I think people should find out who the artist is before making comments.[/quote:12753rld]
      Why? Does that change the quality of the artwork?

Arthur
      Spectator

yeah, that sentence also got me scratching my hair.[/quote:1jc54mt5]
      Ditto, but didn’t pay too much attention to it.

Viewing 104 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.