Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

marigold
      Spectator

through philosophy it has a more specialized meaning of what is existence by having an identity per say versus what the world feels through our actual senses.

How do you define existence in your mind.
      Discuss…….

sorry no body answered your question yet… i thought about it but i’m not in a deep thoughts mood lately.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m always a deep thinker by default :P
      I guess people are just not existing :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

nope :lol: :P

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I’ve never really existed either.

I have no clue how to define existence but I’l give it a try keep in my mind I just woke up and haven’t eaten yet.

I really just think existence can be anything as long as you can prove through your senses and perceptions that it was there. I mean other people exist in places in the world that we can’t see but we still believe they exist thanks to television. Everything exists in one sense or another whether it’s a planet, star, plant or human. But, it’s your feelings, thoughts, perceptions and pictures in your mind that hold your existence in your mind. That’s really how I see existence.

Have no clue if that answered anything but I tried. :lol:

Marcella
      Spectator

Cogito ergo sum.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i think existance is about, well a lot of things really. but i’ve always just boiled it down to procreation as the \"reason\" we are here. all the rest is masturbation along the way. but what’s wrong w/ that?

Arthur
      Spectator

Nothing, I guess… Nothing. Je me masturbe, alors je existent, as the wise wise French say.

Existence for me, is the moment that life punches you in the face, that it hurts. Being numb, and not caring anymore, is non-existence to me. Just my humble thoughts…

marigold
      Spectator

existence is:
      being aware through all of our senses, of everything else that exists in our field of perception, and living as best as we can with what exists in our lives, in accordance with our own beliefs/culture.

how did i do?

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I think you brought existence to the very point in our lives that we exist.
      We exist in what our perception let’s us, we exist in a realm that is real to us.

Anyway, I think you did a good job. :D

marigold
      Spectator

thanks! :P

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘Philosophical Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.