Viewing 83 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

Is this for real?.Maybe its a promo for the guitar thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-G … 286.c0.m14

Anonymous
      Spectator

SOB…I hate not having loot….
      I WANT THAT SO BAD!!!!
      You better bid on it Mayo- needs to be a part of the SPF collection :)

This is a real radio promo. Apparently some radio stations received a watermarked download (via Play MPE), others got this cd.

It hasn’t been confirmed if this is a cd-r or a silver cd. I think it’s a cd-r. The \"slim case\" looks just like the ones that come with cd-rs, and nothing like the cd cases they normally use for singles or promos.

My guess: cd-r + front insert, nothing more
      I find it a bit weird that it is sealed and that it has such a sticker though…

I also think more of these will come on eBay later, so I’m not going to bid on this expensive first one.

A thought I just had: The promo probably doesn’t look like the promos we’re used to, because they haven’t been released by a record label.

Anonymous
      Spectator

A thought I just had: The promo probably doesn’t look like the promos we’re used to, because they haven’t been released by a record label.[/quote:2zz82iiy]
      that’s a good thought ;)

Anonymous
      Spectator

now seeing that it doesn’t end for 5 days why on earth would anyone make that bidding go higher and higher…they all could have waited the day it ends to save themselves some $. That would be the smart thing to do

It’s eBay!

Anonymous
      Spectator

It’s eBay![/quote:2gftrex8]
      yeah I know, but imagine if these people would get a clue about bidding on a starting bid of 99 cents and wait til the last hour or less, then some items would be a little cheaper
      things could be so much easier if I ruled the world..LOL
      not really

i would like to have it, but cool as ice cream is right, there will be more.

Arthur
      Spectator

i would like to have it, but cool as ice cream is right, there will be more.[/quote:26iushwh]
      Exactly. Those promos run into the hundreds normally, so we will all get our fair share. Just be patient.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i want one of those too, but i will definitely wait. 91 bucks and 5 days to go. :shock:

We will laugh about this in a month, when eBay is flooded with $5 copies and nobody is buying them anymore.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, that’s true. people need patience. :wink:

can i get my $5 dollar copy now? :) jk, i can wait, plus then i will have b-day money and election work money. i love it when we have elections.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

its at $91 now. lol

EAZYE121
      Spectator

[url:fiqilj27]http://cgi.ebay.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-GLOW-FRENCH-PROMO-CD_W0QQitemZ130261427169QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url:fiqilj27]

Quicker than we thought…. #2!!!

It looks the same as the other even though it says french. Probably all the same since there is no record label attached to the release (worldwide).

Anonymous
      Spectator

now if anyone bids-wait it out….

ObscureD
      Spectator

I think this promo cd is very rare because it’s like \"Muzzle\" or \"Drown\". These 2 singles have never been marketed.
      I think there is only a handfull. Don’t you think ?

How rare it is depends on how many copies they make.

But maybe this is what you’re trying to say: This promo is more interesting than any other recent promo, because the song can’t be found anywhere else (yet). More people will want it, because they want GLOW on cd.
      Compare that to a one-track promo cd for Tarantula or That’s the Way: only collectors are interested in those. People who want those songs on cd can buy or have bought Zeitgeist. They don’t see the point in buying the song again on a promo cd.

If GLOW would get a proper cd release, on a European single, or on a compilation cd somewhere, for example, I’m sure interest in this particular promo cd (cd-r?) will drop.

amnesia
      Spectator

I think GLOW will be released as a European single.I think im going to try my luck on that frenchy one there.Aint going to bid much though.

Wonder how much people paid for a Tarantula promo cd when it first came out ? bought the EU/USA promos for a dollar each 10 months later after the official release date.

ObscureD
      Spectator

But maybe this is what you’re trying to say: This promo is more interesting than any other recent promo, because the song can’t be found anywhere else (yet). More people will want it, because they want GLOW on cd.[/quote:2p9pqaz8]

Yes :) it’s my opinion

amnesia
      Spectator

I asked the seller who is selling the \"French one \" its the same as the US one.So 2 Glow cds in 2 days on Ebay.I think we will see this item many times on ebay in the future.

I hope so.

The extremely high price for the first one might convince more people to put their copy on eBay. (People who don’t want to go to the trouble for $5, but that are interested in a possible $100.) This would be a good thing for us, the buyers. Because the more copies on eBay, the cheaper the price will be.

toad32r
      Spectator

I might bid on it… i’ll wait of course

That’s probably what everyone in this thread is thinking…

Aw, forget it. I’ll wait for the next one.

amnesia
      Spectator

That’s probably what everyone in this thread is thinking…

Aw, forget it. I’ll wait for the next one.[/quote:2teey9uf]

You can probo get 5 or 6 copies end of the year for couple of bucks for each one :wink:

This one is allready 107 bucks lmao.People are crazy sometimes. :shock:

ObscureD
      Spectator

Yes but what hapened if less than 50 copies were \"pressed\" ? Perhaps it’s very limited ?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Yes but what hapened if less than 50 copies were "pressed" ? Perhaps it’s very limited ?[/quote:181w7ccu]
      that would suck…got to be optimistic on this..
      i’ll be scouting fro a reasonable deal…

Yes but what hapened if less than 50 copies were "pressed" ? Perhaps it’s very limited ?[/quote:1lbqz7q1]
      that would surprise me, because two of them are already on ebay. and one of them is in america, the other one is in france. so these were probably sent out to people in america and europe, and who knows where.

it’s not impossible, but it seems unlikely that this promo is very limited.
      i have more reasons to think this, but i don’t feel like typing them all out.

i think they went out to raido stations to play. but i think radio stations could also download it. i would say that maybe these are ones that didn’t get opened cause they downloaded the song.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i must admit when i first saw this i thought someone made it because i noticed that it says smashingpumpkins.com on it so i figured someone printed the pic off.

i do hope there are several copies though because i would like one, but i’m going to wait and see what happens price wise.

amnesia
      Spectator

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-G … dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-G … 286.c0.m14

The French one went for 80 Eur (107 dollars). The winner is a guy called eiifel.Now the funny part, after he won the French one he went back to the US one, apparently those 2 GLOW release are identic ( Spelling??).Anyway after he won the french one he went back to the US one and raised his bid further, now atm its on 152 dollars , the fuck he wanna do with 2 expensive GLOW Cds.LOL, funny guy, i like him :lol:

this eiffel person also won that delabel acetate promo of rotten apples. for $355.

we’re fucked, guys. this one has a lot of money.

Anonymous
      Spectator

maybe he has no clue what he’s doing..lol
      so he’s going bid crazy…

amnesia
      Spectator

maybe he has no clue what he’s doing..lol
      so he’s going bid crazy…[/quote:1562zsd3]

I did the same the first 2 months i started collecting, i was bidding with my head under my arm.had no fucking clue what i did, i just wanted the items.Well i learned.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

we’re fucked, guys. this one has a lot of money.[/quote:k6q023vr]

i have connections and money. bring it.

Anonymous
      Spectator

we’re fucked, guys. this one has a lot of money.[/quote:3suu82c6]

i have connections and money. bring it.[/quote:3suu82c6]
      well then pay your bills :lol:
      guess you better swoop up the next pricey G.L.O.W. promo

blueczarina
      Spectator

we’re fucked, guys. this one has a lot of money.[/quote:325d8cso]

i have connections and money. bring it.[/quote:325d8cso]
      well then pay your bills :lol:
      guess you better swoop up the next pricey G.L.O.W. promo[/quote:325d8cso]

omg :lol:

i noticed this guy too and yes we are fucked and yes- pay your bills manilla. :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

he did get it for the $152. :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0308598508

i hope this song is worth $250 US dollars all together to him. :lol:

the guy is a true collector and fan: he needs two copies, so he can keep one sealed and listen to the other one.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i suppose so :wink:

tiny
      Spectator

we will all have our copy in the end, there are another three on ebay already, wonder what the value of this item will be in the end, I reckon $20-30, only a guess though. :?:

The australian version of thats the way cd promo, is already rarer, I have only seen 4 copies of that for sale on ebay!

amnesia
      Spectator

the guy is a true collector and fan: he needs two copies, so he can keep one sealed and listen to the other one.[/quote:11bnkz39]

Another popped up and guess whos bidding again on the 3th one lmao. Mister Eiffel.The fuck he wants with 3 Glow cds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … %26ps%3D42

Ill wait until he bought his copy number 10 before i bid on this promo.We all get it sooner or later.

amnesia
      Spectator

we will all have our copy in the end, there are another three on ebay already, wonder what the value of this item will be in the end, I reckon $20-30, only a guess though. :?:

The australian version of thats the way cd promo, is already rarer, I have only seen 4 copies of that for sale on ebay![/quote:3rwn913q]

The AU promo of Thats the way is worth 50 dollars or so and the price of this item keeps going up.I own a copy of it, paid 75 bucks for it, maybe a little to much, but as you said, theres only been a very few of these on ebay.Ive only seen 2 of those so far and its pretty rare.

I think it’s a dangerous evolution that people are paying this much for cd-r promos. It makes it very inviting for people to start creating their own \"promos\".

Check out that . Anyone with a cd label printer can make that.
      By the way, have you noticed how that promo says \"Smashing Pumkins\" instead of \"Smashing Pumpkins\"?

Arthur
      Spectator

There are 3 (at least) on eBay now. I can not check the bidders’ name (it shows as e**f or something) but maybe it’s all the eiffel guy you are talking about? What is this person doing?

Anonymous
      Spectator

He’s being selfish and greedy with G.L.O.W. promos…

amnesia
      Spectator

amnesia
      Spectator

He’s being selfish and greedy with G.L.O.W. promos…[/quote:17f36srr]

Cant he wait being greedy and selfish untill all SPfreaks members own a copy each ? :P

I also think that that promo for The Rose March is real. But it wouldn’t be hard to make something very similar for G.L.O.W., for example. And then that would be a fake, but you won’t be able to tell if you don’t know, because it looks identical to the Rose March promo.

blueczarina
      Spectator

He’s being selfish and greedy with G.L.O.W. promos…[/quote:3dxg0k3g]

Cant he wait being greedy and selfish untill all SPfreaks members own a copy each ? :P[/quote:3dxg0k3g]

hehe, he should

i just don’t understand why he needs them all. :roll: who the hell wants every copy of one thing to go up on ebay? :lol:

i wonder if he thinks he can resell them or something?

oh, and do you notice gumby-theater has as billion copies. that seems to be the main seller putting them up. or at least they have put up more than one already.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I personally think the Rose March is a fake. The copy on SPfreaks and the copy I own have different matrix numbers. Why would that be?

I personally think the Rose March is a fake. The copy on SPfreaks and the copy I own have different matrix numbers. Why would that be?[/quote:3ld4qw3p]
      Because it’s a cd-r?

tiny
      Spectator

Wait for the negative feedback on this e***f fellow, he has a feedback of 1, he has bid on 5 of these glow promos, is he trying to buy all the copies in the world? I think not. I believe he is trying to artificially inflate the prices on these things. Otherwise he is a very mixed up little boy! :shock:

Anonymous
      Spectator

maybe it’s Billy buying his own promos…lol

amnesia
      Spectator

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i have a feeling that gumby theater and eiffel are the same person. hes driving up his own auctions.

amnesia
      Spectator

i have a feeling that gumby theater and eiffel are the same person. hes driving up his own auctions.[/quote:5hy94kqp]

Maybe, why would this Eiffel dude then bid on the others Glow cds ?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i have a feeling that gumby theater and eiffel are the same person. hes driving up his own auctions.[/quote:1hqfecu4]

Maybe, why would this Eiffel dude then bid on the others Glow cds ?[/quote:1hqfecu4]

you’re right. i didnt realize there were different sellers. maybe this guy just really really likes the song and wants to have it playing in every room of his house so wherever he goes he can always be listening to it.

amnesia
      Spectator

I personally think the Rose March is a fake. The copy on SPfreaks and the copy I own have different matrix numbers. Why would that be?[/quote:3pxxsewm]

Why would it be fake since the song was a regular on the Danish radiostations.
      What matrix code are on yours ?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have a feeling that gumby theater and eiffel are the same person. hes driving up his own auctions.[/quote:26198abf]

Maybe, why would this Eiffel dude then bid on the others Glow cds ?[/quote:26198abf]

thats a good though, but none of it makes sense because there are a couple other sellers. he must be up to something though because nobody need that many.

and it looks like his one feedback is from 2005 maybe?
      http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d … world=true

so where is the feedback from all the GLOWs?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I personally think the Rose March is a fake. The copy on SPfreaks and the copy I own have different matrix numbers. Why would that be?[/quote:h81jae2n]

Why would it be fake since the song was a regular on the Danish radiostations.
      What matrix code are on yours ?[/quote:h81jae2n]’

I’m not home right now, but can hopefully look into this early next week.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

so where is the feedback from all the GLOWs?[/quote:3rwbthf8]

Typically, sellers don’t leave feedback until the buyer does. After item is received and all agree that all went well. So I imagine most of the glows are still in transit.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i suppose so :wink:

tiny
      Spectator

I see there are more glow promos on ebay, have patience humble collectors, we will have our copies, not for $150 but somewhat cheaper!

amnesia
      Spectator

I see there are more glow promos on ebay, have patience humble collectors, we will have our copies, not for $150 but somewhat cheaper![/quote:1obrswvz]

True :P

ZeroSOFAD
      Spectator

I love this song )))))))

blueczarina
      Spectator

I love this song )))))))[/quote:1qz5uc7b]

hi and welcome :)

and its a good one for sure . it definitely sticks in your head.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Why hasn’t more copies shown up on ebay? I thought this would be pretty common by now, especially since the last couple were selling for $50 or so. I figured more people would be listing them.

I was thinking the same thing the last days. Haven’t seen a copy of this promo for a while…

Could it be that someone from the SP management has taken actions to prevent the sale of these promos? Maybe it’s the same person who \"won\" all these promos on eBay?

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I’m afraid that it may not show back up. Does anyone have a copy of this, and if so where did you get your copy?

amnesia
      Spectator

I’m afraid that it may not show back up. Does anyone have a copy of this, and if so where did you get your copy?[/quote:1gj23mi6]

I saw one go for 41 bucks last week.I did not make a bid, maybe i should. :?

Yeah, really, hasn’t anyone on here been able to get a copy?
      I’d love to see how the cd looks like, for example.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I found one for sale on the internet but they want $60 for it. I am tempted.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I found one for sale on the internet but they want $60 for it. I am tempted.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

:roll:

c’mon guys. the shit ain’t rare. patience.

Anonymous
      Spectator

🙄

c’mon guys. the shit ain’t rare. patience.[/quote:1b8n8duw]
      yeah..I’m gonna wait until it gets cheaper, but I want one

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah me too. but damn, it’s not rare.

amnesia
      Spectator

The first Glow that appeared on Ebay went for 150 bucks.The last one went last week for 41 bucks, so its getting cheaper of course, but if it shows up on ebay once or twice a month only, they price would defo be kept around the 50 bucks for a cd for a while i think. :?

Tion
      Spectator

hmm. maybe its a easy calculation.
      lets say there are about 500 radiostations in usa
      and 500 in europe…so 1000 copies of that promos….

:?:

The thing is, we have no idea how rare this is. All I know is that copies of the promo cd appeared simultaneously in the US and in Europe (one of the promo cds was sold from France). And that some radio stations received this single as a download (PlayMPE).

One thing points in the direction of a widespread promo (all over the world). The other thing might indicate that only a couple of radio stations received the cd (and the rest got the download).

I personally find it just a bit weird that most of the promo cds on eBay were sold to the same person, usually for an unreasonable amount of money. Especially if you consider that this person already has several copies of this promo. This makes little sense to me.

blueczarina
      Spectator

maybe they want to hoard them all and sell them later

Tion
      Spectator

thats evil :evil:

blueczarina
      Spectator

indeed :evil:

Viewing 83 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.