Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

Thom
      Spectator

I have been off of ebay for a while now. I’m just getting back into the swing of things, and have been wondering if anyone has seen or acquired a Freak promo CD?

Arthur
      Spectator

No, not yet. You think it might exist, why?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

only because wwmm had a promo cd, and i never heard it once on the radio. and since freak is getting play on the radio, im wondering if there were any promo cd’s pressed and mailed out to certain radio stations.

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah, makes sense…

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I corresponded with the person I got my wwmm promo cd from and they said they haven’t received anything for freak. He thinks they may have just sent out a high quality mp3 :( but they said they would keep an eye out for one. Although I think if they haven’t received one by now, they’re not gonna get one.

yeah, wasn’t glow also sent out digitally to a lot of radio stations? i remember there was a website where the radio stations could download a watermarked audio file.
      i know glow had a cd promo too, next to the digital promo release, but maybe they dropped that for freak?

i agree it’s more likely that a freak promo cd doesn’t exist, mainly because nobody has seen a copy yet.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Didn’t the WWMM promo cd have a different version than that which was released to the general public (SP website)? I wasn’t trying to make any point, I thought that I remembered somone saying something to that effect.

Also, speaking of the GLOW promo, does anyone have one that I could buy/trade for?

not sure about the wwmm promo cd. i don’t own it, so i can’t check.

what i remember is that the cd in the ep1 box contained a slightly longer version of one of the songs. i think it was wwmm, and it just had a bit more intro or outro.

the record store day 7\" with wwmm has a shorter version of the song: it fades out after a couple of minutes.

maybe you are thinking about one of these? or does the wwmm promo cd have an even different version of the song?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, there exists at least 3 or 4 versions. not sure if #2 is the same or not.

1) downloaded from the site – missing outro
      2) promo CD/7\" – fades before outro
      3) ep – full, complete song

some pumpkins
      Spectator

ut oh…

[url:tvahnhj5]http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-FREAK-RARE-NEW-SINGLE-MINT-/270625021281?pt=Music_CDs[/url:tvahnhj5]

and

[url:tvahnhj5]http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-Freak-promo-cd-single-TEARGARDEN-/220658053007?pt=Music_CDs[/url:tvahnhj5]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

weird that it comes out RIGHT after you’re looking for it. ;)

wow. it exists. but it’s really ugly. :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

wow. it exists. but it’s really ugly. :lol:[/quote:29h6cqyq]

Yep, its pretty ugly. :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

weird that it comes out RIGHT after you’re looking for it. ;)[/quote:3bfjv71q]
      I’m looking for the Gossamer studio promo. some pumpkins too? :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

Ugly? Hell no.

ummm… yes.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Maybe if the cover art matched the cd art or vice versa,then it may look ok.

Maybe. :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i like the jewelcase cover art, but the cd is pretty ugly.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

what i remember is that the cd in the ep1 box contained a slightly longer version of one of the songs.

the record store day 7" with wwmm has a shorter version of the song: it fades out after a couple of minutes.

maybe you are thinking about one of these?[/quote:pcgta025]

I have the box (longest), the download (middlest) and the 7" (shortest) and you are correct about them.

I don’t have the promo either, but I remembered someone saying that the promo version was different. I am also curious if there are any of these differences concerning freak. I’m not curious enough to buy the promo, but interested to hear the report from someone.

I’m still looking for a GLOW promo if anyone wants to help me out.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

weird that it comes out RIGHT after you’re looking for it. ;)[/quote:2bhnw9om]
      I’m looking for the Gossamer studio promo. some pumpkins too? :roll:[/quote:2bhnw9om]

:lol: very much yes!

And I think the artwork for freak is kinda cool

Thom
      Spectator

i like the jewelcase cover art, but the cd is pretty ugly.[/quote:3sps6hla]

seconded

Viewing 20 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.