Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Sickboy
      Spectator

http://www.spinner.com/2008/03/19/smash … -next-move

:shock: :shock: :shock:

\"But I don’t think we will make records again, the drummer explains, pointing out that the band’s contractual commitment to Reprise Records is finished.\"

\"And I think the next time the Pumpkins tour, you’ll see a big stage presence with eight to ten people as opposed to just five.\"

"And I think the next time the Pumpkins tour, you’ll see a big stage presence with eight to ten people as opposed to just five."[/quote:nxdachvw] Clowns?
      please?

Pipoka
      Spectator

:shock:

am i prepared for this revolution in music industry !?

ok, been reading alot of posts, and this is the first time i have posted, but jimmy wrote a new blog and it went up yesterday on smashingpumpkins.com here is what he said

March 24, 2008 – Message from Jimmy

Posted By
      JimmyChamberlin Hello music lovers.

As the tour winds down I would just like to say what a pleasure and an honor it was to play for so many of you. I try to never forget that my job is a sacred privilege. Music, the thing that binds you to me and all of us to the Universe is my light.

Let me also say that this band, The Smashing Pumpkins, will continue to write, record, release, and perform AS LONG AS WE ARE ABLE!

Some of you may have read bits of an interview that was done in confidence by yours truly in which I say that the Pumpkins probably won’t record cd’s anymore. What I meant by this is this: Although we may not use the \"album\" or \"full length cd\" as a format anymore, WE WILL WRITE AND RECORD MUSIC UNTIL WE ARE DEAD!!!!!!!! WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY!!!!!!!!

I could go on about how I was stolen from, violated, lied to by some ignoble journalist, but what’s the point?

I choose light.

Love Jimmy.

Arthur
      Spectator

Hey bullet etc., welcome here.

Still they are not saying they will keep on releasing on the CD platform. I would hate to only have downloadable files (which are in lower quality also these days). Next to CD, fine, but not digital-only please.

I would never be able again to show off with my Smashing Pumpkins music collection, can you imagine?

:shock: (<= Arthur, ex-collector, still huge fan of the music, but in need of a therapy)

Hey bullet etc., welcome here.

Still they are not saying they will keep on releasing on the CD platform. I would hate to only have downloadable files (which are in lower quality also these days). Next to CD, fine, but not digital-only please.

I would never be able again to show off with my Smashing Pumpkins music collection, can you imagine?

:shock: (<= Arthur, ex-collector, still huge fan of the music, but in need of a therapy)[/quote:1kuiuy58]

I know what you mean.

CDs and other hard copies of music are awesome… but digital? No.

What’s more impressive? "Check it out – 378 CDs!" or "Check it out – 98Gb of music!"

Also, viruses could screw everything up.

yes they could, those sneaky viruses.

and i like to be able to hold the cd in my hands.

Sickboy
      Spectator

i’d go for vinyl releases since cds don’t last too long, and vinyl is just more beautiful :D

cds last longer than vinyl, no?

Arthur
      Spectator

No. I broke between 10 and 20 cds in 20 years, and 0 vinyl in 30 years.

vinyl would be cool, i like those too.

If you’re not careful, CDs are easier to break.

But the sound quality lasts that much longer on CD.

Plus you can copy the music from a CD to an iPod or similar.

Sickboy
      Spectator

cds last longer than vinyl, no?[/quote:28pg58ii]
      quite the opposite ;)

cds are said to last approx. 20-30 years (cd-r’s much less) and vinyls up to 100 years and more….

more info on that topc here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_rot

Viewing 12 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.