Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

this from sp.com

July 15, 2008 – Pumpkins back in the studio

The Smashing Pumpkins currently recording new single.

The Smashing Pumpkins are back in the studio recording a new single (reported earlier) that will be available this September.

The new single will be titled G.L.O.W. and is the first studio effort from the band since the American Gothic sessions.

The has been no word on the style or arrangement of the song at this time.

amnesia
      Spectator

Weeeeee.Im so much looking forward to hear it… 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Wonder if single implies B-sides.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i hope there are b-sides. 8)

i can’t wait for this to come out. :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

A little Dickie Bird, who may well be -very- wrong, believes this Single actually has three tracks. Each from their as yet unannounced next album (Zeitgeist II with stripes?). :)

I’m hoping the band take a small break after this release, they need one since returning last year, imho.

Another thought is; it brings into line some of the story between Gish and Machina’s release, how they were linked.

This is probably one of my favourite SP traits, Fans/Followers will only ever know small snippets of what’s going on.

Suck up the mystery, I say. \\m/

Marcella
      Spectator

G.L.O.W., sounds…shiny. I cannot wait z_z.

Arthur
      Spectator

G.L.O.W., sounds…shiny. I cannot wait z_z.[/quote:91286prb]
      G.L.O.W., sounds… aggressive. God Leaves Our World.

Well, not being completely serious of course, but there might be some truth in it also. In that German broadcast with Uli, Billy said somewhere that he is torn between a new rock album that will amaze the world (my translation) or an acoustic album as a contrary to that. I’m very curious what it will be too. I’m hoping for a rock track a bit more, as I love to hear Billy split his guitar in two, but an acoustic track will be welcomed warmly also! :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i wonder if it will be a rock or acoustic thing too. i would like a bit of both, but with a single you can’t really expect that necessarily.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I just have a good feeling about this single :)
      I can’t wait to hear it…shoot I can’t wait to buy my tickets Friday morning to the show!!:D

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Something about the song title suggests to me a more spacey guitar track or acoustic rather than rock, but then I’ve been known to be wrong :P
      I’m excited to hear anything they release, I just hope that
      A : there is a physical release
      and
      B : It has b-sides that don’t turn out to be on the next album.

Anyone come up for any funny meanings for the acronym yet? :P

well a cuple people over at thepumpkins.net thought it might be

the gorgeous ladies of wrestling

Arthur
      Spectator

Anyone come up for any funny meanings for the acronym yet? :P[/quote:tqxiufol]

G.L.O.W., sounds… aggressive. God Leaves Our World.[/quote:tqxiufol]

Something like this maybe? :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I think someone said that at pumpkinsnet, makes you wonder though that’s for sure!
      I like what that stands for as a song if that is right Arthur :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

I think someone said that at pumpkinsnet, makes you wonder though that’s for sure!
      I like what that stands for as a song if that is right Arthur :wink:[/quote:2e88sy3a]
      For the first time since long I checked ThePumpkins.net, and found member pierowmaniac mentioning "God Loves Our World". I think it’s the opposite, Billy has lost faith in religion, and is aggressively frustrated about the mistake he made about being religious. He woke up, and wrote a song about that.

God Leaves Our World, that’s my guess.

Marcella
      Spectator

He has lost faith in religion? I do think \"God Leaves Our World\" is much more Pumpkin-like, and I really hope it isn’t the opposite :?.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

If you spell G.L.O.W. backwards, it’s W.O.L.G. So my guess it that they collaborated with Mark Walberg, formery of the Funky Bunch. Maybe he just produced the track? My guess is that Billy will be shirtless in the video and dancing.

The song will be catchy as shit.

you think mark walberg will be shirtless too? cause if so, i am so there. even if it just mark walberg, he is hotttttttt. hott.

blueczarina
      Spectator

well since Billy is all political now, maybe it means God, Let Obama Win.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well since Billy is all political now, maybe it means God, Let Obama Win.[/quote:2kaghsou]

props. 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

If you spell G.L.O.W. backwards, it’s W.O.L.G. So my guess it that they collaborated with Mark Walberg, formery of the Funky Bunch. Maybe he just produced the track? My guess is that Billy will be shirtless in the video and dancing.

The song will be catchy as shit.[/quote:2iytel9l]

i think your onto something

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks manilla 8)

Viewing 20 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.