Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

From Kerry Brown

My source tells me the new Pumpkins song will ready for download this Tuesday![/quote:3756vd5s]

http://twitter.com/studiodog

Cool.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yup

Arthur
      Spectator

Nice. Thanks for keeping us posted, marigold.

Tion
      Spectator

astral planes :D

some pumpkins
      Spectator

or stitch :D

it has to be stitch, right?

Tion
      Spectator

i read a tweet that someone found a mp3 in the internet on aol that was namend astral_planes…well rumors :lol: …we will see soon

some pumpkins
      Spectator

it has to be stitch, right?[/quote:3lgkxksd]

who said it has to be?

i did.

do you know who i am?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i did.

do you know who i am?[/quote:33tdb3zk]

i have an idea

Arthur
      Spectator

do you know who i am?[/quote:1s239xfm]
      I feel a huge identity crisis here… Bram, go and view your photobooks again, and re-read your diary… Maybe it rings a bell? Let me give you the first clue about your sex: you’ve got balls, Bram.

blueczarina
      Spectator

are you having a crisis Bram :lol:

this is serious.
      the universe will implode if it isn’t stitch.
      fingers crossed.

Arthur
      Spectator

No implosions yet, Stitch it is! Available @

http://soundcloud.com/smashingpumpkins

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/

amnesia
      Spectator

Not sure what to think of the song, maybe its the worse song ive ever heard from Billy, terrible is a weak word to use. :cry:

Widow is epic compare to Stitch, and Widow was not that good either.

Tion
      Spectator

its stich in time :D

i really like the studio version, its gipsy and has a happy mood :wink:

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

In my opinion this song is better than Widow Wake my Mind and actually restores some of my faith in this project.

2/3 isn’t that bad. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have only listened to it once just now and it definitely beats the crap out of widow, but what doesn’t. its not his best work by any means, but i like it much better than the previous attempt. its upbeat and catchy at least and it doesn’t make me stabby.

i like stitch better than widow and sfas. i think each song released is better than the one before it so far :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

good, maybe by song 44 it will be mcis quality. :lol: i’m terrible. :wink:

i think this could be the drop.

this project is so not worth following. i’ll give it a listen once it’s finished. in a couple of years, probably.

Danni
      Spectator

…maybe its the worse song ive ever heard from Billy, terrible is a weak word to use. :cry:

Widow is epic compare to Stitch, and Widow was not that good either.[/quote:2z3j2msy]

You’re definately right on that one. The departure of Jimmy was the death of SP.

Arthur
      Spectator

My judgements.

Song For A Son: 9/10 (the guitar solo really does it for me! 8) )
      Widow Wake My Mind: 6/10
      A Stitch In Time: 7.5/10

I’m quite happy with what is released so far for the Teargarden project, and whatever you think of the Smashing Pumpkins… but Billy Corgan was and is and most probably always will be the main man of the band, if not THE BAND itself. I have no issues with that, and I don’t understand why some people keep coming back to any old band members.

Also I don’t understand why some people stick to some \"era\" of the band when they were \"the best\" or \"on top of anything\". Of course I have my favourite (mostly the rock/metal) songs also, but over the 24 years that we know Billy, being a quite productive musician, he has ALWAYS changed his style, and with every album we learned a different side of him/his band. For me, that is why he is so attractive to me as a musician… And that’s also why I will always be curious to what he is going to release next. Just my 2 cents here…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, not a huge fan of stitch, but whatever. there are PLENTY of songs on MCIS i fast forward through now. grain of salt.

agree with most of what you say as well arthur.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i like how stitch turned out

marigold
      Spectator

Its ok. I have to say I’m not a big fan of the sitars. :?
      If you listen to all three songs together, Song for a Son stands out as the best, a good decision to release first. And Widow is going to be a fun song if/when performed live.

I’m looking forward to hearing how Tom Tom turns out too.

amnesia
      Spectator

Its ok. I have to say I’m not a big fan of the sitars. :?
      If you listen to all three songs together, Song for a Son stands out as the best, a good decision to release first. And Widow is going to be a fun song if/when performed live.

I’m looking forward to hearing how Tom Tom turns out too.[/quote:3lpz4oyi]

Yeah, me too.I have high hopes for Tom Tom, and hopefully a studio version of Freak would be nice as well.

amnesia
      Spectator

My judgements.

Song For A Son: 9/10 (the guitar solo really does it for me! 8) )
      Widow Wake My Mind: 6/10
      A Stitch In Time: 7.5/10

[/quote:2wpveklh]

Mine would look like this

Song For A Son: 9/10 ( i agree with you Arthur, the guitar solo is awesome, just fantastic)
      Widow Wake My Mind: 5/10
      A Stitch In Time: 0.5/10 :cry:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I like SFAS okay.

WWMM’s one of those I’ll probably never warm to.

ASIT has something to it also, so 1 & 3 so far for me. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

if i had to rate them just in terms of themselves not in terms of Billy in general i would say

WWMM: 1/ 10, painful, painful stuff- made my ears bleed

SFAS: 8/10, great, but could be better. it just seems to be missing something. it doesn’t have enough emotion behind the vocals despite being what i would consider an emotional, kind of sad song. the live versions were better i think in terms of that although i love the instrumentals.

Stitch: 7.5/10, i will go with Arthur here. i like it quite a bit especially compared to the last one, but the vocals and repetitive tempo kind of take away from it.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I totally agree with you Blue of your ratings on the songs released so far. :D

I think the thing with WWMM is that it gets stuck in my head so easily. It’s not that I enjoy it, it just gets stuck there. Paramore does the same thing when my sister listens to them.

It definitely doesn’t mean I enjoy listening to either. :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha :lol: yeah, sometimes the shitty stuff gets stuck in your head just so it can torture you more. :wink:

Viewing 32 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.