Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

ok, here is the thread for prices of sp cd’s, vinyl, t-shirts, books, videos, dvd’s and any other sp item that you can buy. i am trying to figure out what are good prices for items, so maybe we can say what we think an item is worth, or what prices you have seen it sell for. i understand if you don’t want to say what you might have paid for an item, if you don’t just say that you saw it for sale at $x.00 price, or a friend of yours paid this much for it.

any imput on this would be much apreciated.

on another post i put that PI vinlys were going for around $50.00 USD, on ebay. it might be hard to come up with a good list, due to pricing diffrences, but we might be able to come up with an avrage of what someone might pay for something.

Anonymous
      Spectator

To start off with, this might be a ‘lil bit of new info for someone (although you’d want to change to .com on most unless you’re in the UK too). For official and mainstream releases I’d stick to big name sites, who usually compete with each other and give you the best prices overall. :twisted:

My favourite three are play.com, amazon.co.uk and hmv.co.uk here. I basically play them off against each other.

Take Gish on Amazon for example, use this rather than buying the first item that’s listed:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000000 … dition=new

eBay’s often nothing more than what you’re willing to pay, of course. I once saw a Gish go for $45-odd USD. On the link above I can see one for around $10… Brand new; just the same as what’s available from typing Gish in the main search box.

:)

blueczarina
      Spectator

Someone bought a Gish CD for $45? Whoa. I wonder why? I got a sealed Caroline vinyl Gish for only $25 bucks or so and somebody paid that much for just a CD. :wink: I once saw a gold Gish CD on ebay, which was given to the band and record company people when the album went gold. I can see paying a lot for some special version like that, but $45 is ridiculous for a regular CD. I only paid maybe $10 bucks a piece for both the Caroline and reissued Virgin Gish CDs.

so should i just check all of those sites? but what about rare stuff and bootlegs? how would you check on those prices? is it what someone is willing to pay?

ok, so for a Gish cd prices are like this
      amazon- 13.99 USD –from sellers — 10.99- for new — used 5.50
      best buy- 14.99 USD
      play.com- 10.99 NUSD (that means not us dollars, i don’t have a litlle neat L key on my keyboard)

these are all reasonable prices but you can’t buy the vinyl new from any of these places, and that was a price i was wondering about. so if anyone has a price that they have seen for vinyl would you let me know? cause the only place i have to look for those prices is ebay unless you know of another place to look.

on ebay it is really a crap shoot, the prices vary from 47.00 to 10.00, so would an avrage of those 2 numbers be a reasonable price?

that is what i was really trying to get at with the first post on here, i want to find prices for items that can not be bought at a readly avalible store, so if people go on ebay or to a little record shop that they aren’t getting ripped off paying 70.00 for something that they could have got for 60.00 less.

edit**
      ok, i was looking around for other places that sell records and the prices vary for Gish from 180.00 :shock: to 11.00, most are around the 60.00 mark, which i think is WAAAY to much to pay for a record that you can get from ebay for 10.00. so what do you think?

Sickboy
      Spectator

popsike.com lists 663 ended auctions for pumpkins stuff…

eil.com is very overpriced but you’ll find many rarities there for sale…

Arthur
      Spectator

eil.com is very overpriced but you’ll find many rarities there for sale…[/quote:1do7nvx7]
      Yeah good tip, but they are overpriced indeed. However, lately they have lots of 50% discounts going on. Just subscribe and you’ll get daily emails coming in with news about that.

i will have to check it out.

blueczarina
      Spectator

has anyone bought off of gemm.com? they have a lot of SP stuff listed but I’ve never purchased anything.

no i haven’t, where are they located?

as i am in the us.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m in the US too. its a webstore gemm.com (global electronic music market). they have a huge list of SP stuff including boots, but they don’t have pics of the items and they have fixed prices only so I’ve never bought anything. if i knew they were trustable they list cool stuff, but i don’t know.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i’m in the US too. its a webstore gemm.com (global electronic music market). they have a huge list of SP stuff including boots, but they don’t have pics of the items and they have fixed prices only so I’ve never bought anything. if i knew they were trustable they list cool stuff, but i don’t know.[/quote:1t5nm2xa]

gemm is very reliable. they operate as a third party between seller and buyer. they contact seller when you want to buy, seller contacts you, you buy. you can also check out the feedback on there before purchasing. i’ve never sold there, but i’ve purchased some of my rarest items there because most people think it’s junk and it’s not.

do they take paypal?

blueczarina
      Spectator

Thanks Manilla, I always wondered about gemm. :)

[url:2zznngiq]http://www.netsounds.com[/url:2zznngiq] are like GEMM but based in the UK, they seem to have loads of stuff listed but prices vary on a lot of items.

i checked that gemm out it is pretty cool, some of the prices were way expensive, but they had good stuff, and most prices were decent.

Viewing 15 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.