Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

Since these are very hard to find to buy, and also quite expensive, I’m looking for a watermarked Zeitgeist or TheFutureEmbrace cd that I can borrow.

I’m interested in the cd. I can’t do anything with a sealed copy that has to remain sealed.

As the owner, you set the conditions. For example, if your name is on the cd, or you know the person the watermarked cd is linked to, you can request that I keep no copies of the audio.
      I want to try to rip the audio, but if you don’t want any copies to exist, I promise I will delete the results (if any) immediately afterwards.

I will pay for all costs. And I will send the cd back the day after I receive it. So you won’t have to miss it for long.

I prefer a copy of Zeitgeist. And I also prefer it if I would be allowed to keep a copy of the audio. For example, if you bought the cd on eBay. But I’m happy with any copy, really.

Thank you for your attention.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have a watermarked TFE if you mean this here. i don’t think it was that expensive though.

http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1656

but you can borrow it if you want and i don’t care if you rip the audio. :wink: and it was unsealed when i got it.

Yep, that’s the one.

blueczarina
      Spectator

well, you can borrow it if you don’t find a Zeitgeist one to borrow since i’m sure it will come back in one piece. :P

Anyone owns an opened Zeitgeist?

sorry, i have a dumb question… what is a watermarked cd?

It’s an advance promo cd, sent out to journalists before the album was released. It is heavily protected against copying, and the audio is watermarked. This means that if you manage to copy the audio, and it would appear online, they can track down what cd it came from. Because every cd has the name of the receiver on it, and every cd has a unique watermark in the audio. They do this to prevent leaks of the album.

Both Billy Corgan’s TheFutureEmbrace and Smashing Pumpkins’ Zeitgeist have been released on a watermarked cd. (The identity of the receiver has been hidden on the scans on spfreaks.com; the unique number and name of the receiver are blacked out.)
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1656
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1620

blueczarina
      Spectator

i didn’t notice that they blacked it out. :wink:

cool, thanks for the explanation :)

so, are they not necessarily the finished product? they might make changes before they release it to the public?

amnesia
      Spectator

I might maybe get my hands on a Zeitgeist cd soon if my suppiler says he can get it for me, but it will cost me 250 bucks.The cd should be in mint accroding to him, not sure if it sealed or not, ill let you know Bram.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

cool, thanks for the explanation :)

so, are they not necessarily the finished product? they might make changes before they release it to the public?[/quote:145zedr6]

thats what my question was gonna be. why would you want that particular audio? is it unmastered?

nah, unfortunately not. some people thought the watermarked discs contained the unmastered audio, but on both TFE and zeitgeist, the audio is mastered.

note that i don’t necessarily want the audio, hence my promise to delete it afterwards if that would be requested.

mickyshambles
      Spectator

I might maybe get my hands on a Zeitgeist cd soon if my suppiler says he can get it for me, but it will cost me 250 bucks.The cd should be in mint accroding to him, not sure if it sealed or not, ill let you know Bram.[/quote:1imn7mba]

haha, you sound like a drug addict – which we all are in a way. :D

amnesia
      Spectator

haha, you sound like a drug addict – which we all are in a way. :D[/quote:37625mgs]

Hello, my name is Ayoe and im a Smashing Pumpkins addict. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

haha, you sound like a drug addict – which we all are in a way. :D[/quote:1huebhvn]

Hello, my name is Ayoe and im a Smashing Pumpkins addict. :lol:[/quote:1huebhvn]
      :lol:
      aren’t we all :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha, you sound like a drug addict – which we all are in a way. :D[/quote:2traynvb]

Hello, my name is Ayoe and im a Smashing Pumpkins addict. :lol:[/quote:2traynvb]

we shouls change the name of this site to SPfreaks anonymous :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

we shouls change the name of this site to SPfreaks anonymous :lol:[/quote:asukmcgo]

:lol:

The first step is admitting that you have a problem.

blueczarina
      Spectator

The first step is admitting that you have a problem.[/quote:6onmq9e0]

i’ll admit it, but i will also admit i’m ok with my problem. 8)

The first step is admitting that you have a problem.[/quote:2g4fb5xi]

i’ll admit it, but i will also admit i’m ok with my problem. 8)[/quote:2g4fb5xi]

me too!! :D

Sven
      Spectator

Bram knows and now the rest too and I don’t care I own a Zeitgeist advance promo watermarked cdr.
      Somehow when I play the official cd next to this one – recently did with a friend on a Bang and Olafson top gear set — there’s a difference, somewhere, somehow…
      I know — looking at the wavs and all this doesn’t make ANY sense-
      Still: I play ZG from the advance and not the official release.
      To my ears: it DOES sound not in a way less bad or better or anything else than just: different – more according to my taste…
      Still – I think I am slowly going crazy… ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

Since these are very hard to find to buy, and also quite expensive, I’m looking for a watermarked Zeitgeist or TheFutureEmbrace cd that I can borrow.[/quote:12g7scmh]
      Ermm… Cool… last year, December the 19th, you wrote this in the "What is the latest Pumpkins related item you bought?" topic… WTF happened? It never arrived? Did I miss something?

I recently got a watermarked Zeitgeist.

Dance dance dance to the radio / Put on your red shoes and dance the blues
      (I mean: partay!!! :D )[/quote:12g7scmh]

Nah, all went well. But I’m looking for a second copy of Zeitgeist.

I’m no longer looking for another copy of TheFutureEmbrace. I’m swimming in those these days.

amnesia
      Spectator

Nah, all went well. But I’m looking for a second copy of Zeitgeist.

I’m no longer looking for another copy of TheFutureEmbrace. I’m swimming in those these days.[/quote:2xkntmsr]

How many do you have of those Bram ?
      If you got a sealed one, would you mind selling one, i got one thats used only.Always trying to improve my collection.

I had two sealed copies, but I opened one.
      I believe I have five copies now. Not sure.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I have owned three sealed copies (not at the same moment), but I opened two. Me so silly! :D
      Anyway, sorry, I have no spare sealed copy.

amnesia
      Spectator

Why did you open both of them?

well, my first copy was sealed. i opened it. (duh.)

then i got two more sealed copies. because i was looking for another open copy (see start thread), i finally decided to open another one.

not much later i found two cheap opened copies. didn’t really need them, but bought them anyway.
      if only i had waited a bit longer with opening the second one…

found another copy of zeitgeist on ebay today. not looking to borrow anything anymore.

Viewing 27 reply threads

The forum ‘Trading Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.