Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

Has anyone seen these before? I’ve found them on eBay.

amazing and beautiful lithograph heavy gloss posters. Must be seen in person. Came with the pre-order of their latest two re-releases.[/quote:1bqf9o4f]

These are posters promoting the recent Smashing Pumpkins reissues. One is the Siamese Dream twins and the other the Gish \"heart\". Both are VERY glossy and awesome looking. They go along well with the reissue artwork. Both are 12inX12in and in great condition. Ideal for framing.[/quote:1bqf9o4f]

Did they really come with the pre-order?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Very nice. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

they did NOT come from the preorder. my understanding is best buy had these.

for everyone who bought the cd at best buy (until they were out of posters)?
      or for everyone who pre-ordered at best buy?

(i also think these look nice, but i’m not going to buy them.
      i’ve got the same artwork, as shiny and as big, on my vinyl records.)

why did that one seller call it lithograph though? this isn’t a lithograph, is it?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

for everyone who bought the cd at best buy (until they were out of posters)?
      [/quote:2vja9wxu]

I would say this. I don’t think preordering had anything to do with it. I could be wrong.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

why did that one seller call it lithograph though? this isn’t a lithograph, is it?[/quote:o7codqn4]

These could very well be (and probably are) lithographs. It’d be nice to see the back of one. I’d expect lithographs to have one color on the reverse (no artwork).

manillascissor
      Keymaster

http://reviews.ebay.com/What-Is-a-Litho … 0008492376

Seems to be just a very strict and limited way of reproducing the artwork.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i bought a set. they are foil posters on heavy card stock. they are white on the back with no markings on the back or front beside the images. they are cool little posters. i’m hoping they have ones for the other reissues because they would make a neat poster set to frame.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i bought a set. they are foil posters on heavy card stock. they are white on the back with no markings on the back or front beside the images. they are cool little posters. i’m hoping they have ones for the other reissues because they would make a neat poster set to frame.[/quote:3840bnnl]

Thanks for the info, blue! I forgot you liked the posters. I recently unearthed a rather large subway poster from France promoting the MCIS tour. Forgot I had it, but found it at my parents house in the attic!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i do love my posters. i don’t really collect anything else pumpkins at this point, but i collect posters in general including the occasional SP one. :wink:

and that sounds like a cool poster. how big is it?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

not sure. generally referred to as subway size i think.

here is a pic of it:

Arthur
      Spectator

They are nice little posters indeed (and Dereks’ subway poster too!) but if it was to me, they had better used this pic for a poster. It is so cool. It was used for the booklet of the deluxe reissue of Siamese Dream instead. 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s an awesome poster Derek. 8) and that would make a cool poster Arthur. it is a cool pic.

Viewing 13 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.