Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

I just uploaded some pics of the The Aeroplane Flies High prototype box that was send to Billy Corgan. He turned down the design, and changed to the box we all know… Did he do right you think? I like this design anyway!

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2493 (read the letter, last pic! :lol: )

that is a totally cool item arthur.

i think i like the box with the sp’s on it better, but both are nice.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Its a cool looking box, but visually it doesn’t pop as much as the other one. I still like it though.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

This version looks really cool, but I prefer the one they went with, has a real vintage feel to it :)

it does have a vintage feel to it.

blueczarina
      Spectator

it does, its more psychodelic looking (like Billy’s shirts :wink: )

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve seen this before, thought it was BS. Cool to see that it’s real. Anyway, I much prefer the design they went with.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I remember seeing this on ebay a couple of years ago. It was a pretty penny….I think arounf $500. I believe the person selling it said that Billy left it behind after a concert and one of the clean up crew people picked it up.

Arthur
      Spectator

I remember seeing this on ebay a couple of years ago. It was a pretty penny….I think arounf $500. I believe the person selling it said that Billy left it behind after a concert and one of the clean up crew people picked it up.[/quote:3n6egcux]
      Yeah that’s correct EAZYE121, it was auctioned on eBay in August 2005, if I’m right, and I recall such price also. Funny story! (I don’t remember the auction description to be honest :oops: )

The pics are from this eBay auction also, I just found them back this weekend on the FTP webserver after running a SQL database script for blind links to uploaded pics. Anyway, tech stuffs, don’t be bothered too much. I’m glad I found them back anyway, it’s pretty hard to maintain a collection of almost 6,500 pics on SPfreaks.com manually… :wink:

looks like you missed this two months ago: http://hipstersunited.com/blog/archives … signs.html

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah I did, I wish I had the time to check every interesting place out there on a regular basis. :cry:

The other pic and the info about Olinsky is worthwhile adding to this upload, so thanks Cool As Ice Cream! Whenever you see such interesting things around, please send them pics in if you think it’s worthwhile putting them on SPfreaks.com!

By the way, I was wrong about that eBay auction date also I think, it was around July 5, 2004 most likely. At least that is the date of the pics I kept, and normally they have the date I downloaded them…

my pictures say \"may 24, 2004\".

Arthur
      Spectator

my pictures say "may 24, 2004".[/quote:p5tcjlwk]
      Then that’s most probably even closer to the auction period, right?

Also I remember discussing that auction with Thom, 1 of the other founders of SPfreaks. He wanted to bid on it, but as far as I remember, he didn’t actually do it. Maybe he had been buying other expensive stuffs already, as at that time he was bidding on everything with the name Smashing Pumpkins on it. :wink:

I really miss that guy, I wished he was around still. :cry:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Yeah, it’s a cutie, although the current one’s really swish and I’m glad they kept it. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

I updated the pics and info on this item.

Arthur
      Spectator

looks like you missed this two months ago: http://hipstersunited.com/blog/archives … signs.html[/quote:l5d1ez9d]
      By the way, I would be VERY sceptical about the info on HipstersUnited.com if I were you.

When a critical comment was given to sp.com about that writers job:

"Hmm…

Why even bother? Hipstersunited.com is already doing this, and quite well I might add. I’d rather write for them, anyhow. I wouldn’t have to kiss Billy’s ass for a paycheck."

Then someone from sp.com replied to this person:

"What makes you think we aren’t paying hipstersunited all ready?"

:lol:

darcysiva
      Spectator

Definitely an awesome design they should have kept it :)

Danni
      Spectator

The swirls are definately much, much cooler!
      I think William made the right choice! This is really cool you got over these items! :D

i agree. the version that got released is definitely the best looking.

i like the swirl design better too.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Billy made the right decision. The swirls are more eye catchy!
      The other one reminds me of a pattern for infant clothing.
      That design could have been slapped on onsies for babies.

Viewing 20 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.