Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

darcysiva
      Spectator

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1697
      for some reason I really like this, and is there any place that i could but it from?

blueczarina
      Spectator

sometimes (kind of rarely) they appear on ebay, but the last one i saw sold for $150- $200- something like that. they are a bit pricey. :wink:

tiny
      Spectator

I have only ever seen them being sold on ebay, there are many bootlegs around, so I have never tried to buy one yet as I do not know the difference between the genuine item and the bootleg (if any). Anyway I would not be paying a lot for one of these unless I knew it was genuine. There were a lot of these being sold by a seller based in Chicago, at one stage. How could one person have so many? Sorry I cannot remember the sellers name, but I bet these were bootlegs.

blueczarina
      Spectator

maybe Arthur knows the difference and can tell us. :idea:

Arthur
      Spectator

maybe Arthur knows the difference and can tell us. :idea:[/quote:2ip026vn]
      No sorry, I had the same thoughts as Bryan… And didn’t dare to buy it. :?

Dazey got 2 of them, check his pics @ Show Off. He might be able to tell something about them?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I have only ever seen them being sold on ebay, there are many bootlegs around, so I have never tried to buy one yet as I do not know the difference between the genuine item and the bootleg (if any). Anyway I would not be paying a lot for one of these unless I knew it was genuine. There were a lot of these being sold by a seller based in Chicago, at one stage. How could one person have so many? Sorry I cannot remember the sellers name, but I bet these were bootlegs.[/quote:1wmp7fci]

i remember this person as cddealer… they stopped selling. i think they ran out.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

This discussion has been held over at Netphoria before. Some guy said he had the one with the stickered box. Everyone was all excited. FINALLY, an official version!!!

Well, as you can see, there is nothing official about that sticker. What was determined is that it’s a grey-area release. Part bootleg, part real.

The bootleg part is the box with the numbering and all that crap. The real part is the CD it comes with. Just the standard UK issue CD (in most cases, but not all). It’s never signed w/ replicated signatures, as was rumored for a very long time.

But to me, it’s just a really expensive bootleg. I have one, and it sucks. Recently, in 2007, one went for over $400 as it sold complete with the box. Completely ridiculous.

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks, i wondered about this box set. :)

darcysiva
      Spectator

$400? Wow that is pretty crazy…

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.