Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I just talked to a friend on http://www.smashingpumpkins.com , about starting a band, practising and recording a demo and what to do next. I recommended something to her, which is maybe something you want to know also. Next to setting up a MySpace profile, you might want to consider this place to go to, depending your goals with your band.

http://www.sellaband.com/

\"Artist – How it works
      01 Find Believers
      All you need is 5,000 people who believe in you.
      02 Record CD
      We’ll take you to the best producers and studios in town.
      03 Make money
      We give away your music for free. By doing so, you make money.\"

Good luck guys, and hopefully you’ll become just as famous as… the Smashing Pumpkins. 8)

:lol: i like those steps… realistic :lol:

agh. im trying to get a band started, but it’s not gonna happen until im older, i know it. there’s no one at school who has an interest in playing SP/mcr type-ish music. so yeah, it sucks. blergh, i’ve just gotta give it time.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I was in a band in college. Rotating members, depending on who was around and \"inspired\" at the time. We recorded one song that I wrote the music to. I’ll see if I can upload it somehow on here one day. The CD is at home currently (400 miles away).

toad32r
      Spectator

I write songs and play guitar… i havent recorded anything yet, but would like to soon. I have 2 other guitarists i play with, one of which plays bass and drums also. Too much talent in one place with him…lol

Alekflyfire
      Spectator

😆 i like those steps… realistic :lol:

agh. im trying to get a band started, but it’s not gonna happen until im older, i know it. there’s no one at school who has an interest in playing SP/mcr type-ish music. so yeah, it sucks. blergh, i’ve just gotta give it time.[/quote:jubs2s1z]

do it now, I said that in high school that i’d wait blah blah and now im about to finish grad school, next semester and im still im my room with my guitar playing songs no one hears, no wonder i like SP.

do it now, I said that in high school that i’d wait blah blah and now im about to finish grad school, next semester and im still im my room with my guitar playing songs no one hears, no wonder i like SP.[/quote:2ne491ds] yeah i do want to. it’s just that no-one i know personally is interested, and i’m not really comfortable advertising for members whilst i have no experience :?
      i’m just waiting till uni’. should find some people when i’m there :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Show some more spirit guys. This attitude will get you nowhere. Ask lilkitn what to do. She trusted me with her very first private demo’s a while back and now she is all over the place, advertising herself and practising even harder to reach her goals. I’m proud to have had my little share in that. I’m pretty sure you can do the same. Do not \"wait till later because everything will be better\". Start now and give ’em hell. 8)

These guys from my country (12-16 years old) did also, they started a metal band called One Bullet Left exactly 1 year ago & see where they have gotten so far. Beyond the cuteness stage I think anyway. But instead on Dutch tv, and done several metalfest gigs also. And they opened for Megadeth when they toured The Netherlands, and are recording their first CD as we speak.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLoLbAmodjE[/youtube]

Show some more spirit guys. This attitude will get you nowhere. Ask lilkitn what to do. She trusted me with her very first private demo’s a while back and now she is all over the place, advertising herself and practising even harder to reach her goals. I’m proud to have had my little share in that. I’m pretty sure you can do the same. Do not "wait till later because everything will be better". Start now and give ’em hell. 8)[/quote:12q8wcw3]

heh… maybe :) i’ll see. wait ’till i build my confidence a bit, or whatever. i mean, i have lyrics for over 70 songs, would be a shame to let them go to waste :D :lol:

Danni
      Spectator

Hi hi, I’ve got my Honey Made Opiate band 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

wow Arthur just gave some useful information. Good luck everyone with your music :)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

those kids are pretty damn good for 12-16! careful with those giutars though, you can poke an eye out!

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.