Viewing 54 reply threads
  • Author

mr.benway
      Spectator

Since a majority of people here seem to be CD Collectors (c’mon vinyl doesn’t bite), I was curious to see which CDs do you think are the rarest of them all. I’d be curious to see a top 5 from some of the key people here, just for fun.

So let’s see what you all think. I’ll then add my 2 cents (as always) later on.

Hint: I would hope that the En Conceirto En Mexico CDR promo would be included, but don’t let me guide you in anyway. ;)

Shawn

Arthur
      Spectator

Now that is a good question!

My top 5 for the moment (it can change with times though):

-Billy’s MCIS test pressing acetates, I think my most precious item… 8)
      -La Saga Racontee, french promo cd with original FNAC order form.
      -En Concierto En Mexico, of course!
      -Chrysalis CDR promo \"The Music Of The Smashing Pumpkins 1991 – 1998\", the best Greatest Hits compilation I know of. And quite rare also.

And since I’m a huge compilations collector also, this is one of my favourites in that section (never seen one again!):

-Undiscovered Covers promo, released by Sony, with Landslide on it. This matchbox-like promo is awesome to look at!

http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=955 (see more pics there)

amnesia
      Spectator

I dont think i have anything thats rare.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t have anything rare either, but i have to say- awesome comp Arthur! 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

I was just kidding, ofc i have a few things thats decent

My Adore Canvas bag
      Chrysalis CDR promo \"The Music Of The Smashing Pumpkins 1991 – 1998
      Thats The Way Danish promo.According my souces there should only be 50 of those, dunno if thats true ?
      Daphne Descends
      Greatest Hits Rotten Appels Internal acetate promo, which is ridiculous rare
      My sealed Zeitgeist watermarked promo

Arthur
      Spectator

I was just kidding, ofc i have a few things thats decent[/quote:2i44xln8]
      It took you more than 1 hour to realize that. Getting old, kiddo? :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

It took you more than 1 hour to realize that. Getting old, kiddo? :wink:[/quote:399vzc56]

:lol:

Dont call me OLD!
      Wait, i was about to say something, but forgot. :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Uh, I’m missing some really rare stuff, but have some really rare stuff too:

Untitled UK internal acetate
      Untitled Q101 contest giveaway (3 copies)
      Live Bercy FR 2CD promo
      Adore FR Live in Paris promo
      Adore ZA CD

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

Gosh….those are some good responses. I am going to cheat a little since I didn’t really set any rules up with my original post.

Since there are so many cool CDs to choose from, I am going to break it into 3 tiers: Promo CDs, Live CDs, 1 Off CDs. So feel free and edit and comment about this list.

Live CDs
      a) En Concerito En Mexico
      b) BBC Transcription Disc 581
      c) BBC Transcription Disc 651
      d) Westwood One SP/Foo Fighters 3CD Summersault Tour Promo (only released in EU)
      e) Live Bercy French Promo

Promo CDs
      a) Gish Gold CD
      b) Machina II US 4CD CD-R Set
      c) {tie} La Saga/Siamese Dream French Sample w/booklet
      d) {tie} Untitled & Other Choice Cuts/Try Try Try Canadian Promo CDs
      e) Untitled (Pop Mix)

One Off CDs
      a) Ava Adore Live on Letterman
      b) Perfect Puff Daddy Remix
      c) ?
      d) ?
      e) ?

Hmm…..I’ll start there and might edit this later.

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

[/quote:213k1yry]

Ohhhhhh…..tell me more. ;)

amnesia
      Spectator

Oh yeah, i forgot to add Untitled UK internal acetate and Untitled (Pop Mix) Untitled & Other Choice Cuts/Try Try Try Canadian Promo CDs as well. :roll:

amnesia
      Spectator

Also im kinda fund of Benelux promo of SIYL

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[/quote:4w46tavk]

Ohhhhhh…..tell me more. ;)[/quote:4w46tavk]

http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=918

It’s listed on the site. Link above. Only copy I’ve ever seen, although the number 35 appears on it, suggesting maybe 35 copies (at least) exist.

amnesia
      Spectator

Thats one bad ass cd Manilla!!! :shock: 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Thats one bad ass cd Manilla!!! :shock: 8)[/quote:1hqrsct9]

So is the SIYL Benelux promo you got. *cheers*

amnesia
      Spectator

So is the SIYL Benelux promo you got. *cheers*[/quote:1da876u4]

Your copy should be at your home the time you get back.

Arthur
      Spectator

Collectspumpkins, are you saying you have all that? wow! :shock: (just realized that the one offs probably went from your side of the ocean to my side of the ocean a few years ago… :wink: )

According these new rules, my list would be like this. No particular order. Added a new section also.

Live CDs
      a) En Concierto En Mexico
      b) BBC Transcription Disc 581
      c) Kiss radio cd with Today on Halloween show 1998
      d) Live In Chicago CDR promo
      e) {tie} Live At Cabaret Metro 10-5-88/Westwood One Show #93-40, with a rather rare Siva (acoustic)

Promo CDs
      a) MCIS US gold 2CDR set
      b) Machina II US 4CDR set
      c) {tie} La Saga Racontee (+ FNAC order form)/Les Inedits de \"Aeroplane Flies High\"/1979 Mixes/Untitled/The Everlasting Gaze (LA PROMO version)/Machina CDR/Machina snakeskin bag/Greatest Hits 2CDR/Earphoria CDR, all from France. These french promos are very rare and fucking awesome!
      d) {tie} Untitled & Other Choice Cuts/Try, Try, Try Summersault, both from Canada <= just couldn’t decide here… :wink:
      e1) {tie} Chrysalis US 2CDR set \"The Music Of The Smashing Pumpkins 1991 – 1998\"/True Power. True Faith US + letter
      e2) {tie} Adore \"5 Song Snippet Sampler\" US/Machina \"5 Track Sampler\" (unmastered) UK/Machina \"NOT FINAL TRACKLISTING : NOT FINISHED MASTER COPIED FROM CDR 29.11.99\" UK/Perfect CDR with vinyl-only \"Oakenfold Electro Breakbeat Dub\" US
      (e3) honourable mention: I Am One UK single \"APPEARING 24 AUG 1992\" stickered promo (never seen one again!)

(e2) and (e3) are only for reference… or call it \"show off\"… :wink:

One Off CDs
      a) Ava Adore Live On Letterman
      b) Perfect Puff Daddy Remix
      c) {tie} Billy Corgan’s Masterdisk test pressings for MCIS US and Untitled UK Single (includes Billy’s note: too low)
      d) Adore US test pressing
      e) Zero UK test pressing

Compilation CDs
      a) Undiscovered Covers (US promo, explained above)
      b) CMJ 500 (6CD US promo set, awesome compilation for a jukebox! not really rare, but still in my top 5)
      c) Caroline 1994 Sampler (also a 6CD promo set in a cool Caroline box package, kinda rare)
      d) Who’s Next? (Japanese promo with 3 Pumpkins tracks from Siamese Dream)
      e) 18 Original Hits By 18 Unoriginal Artists (US promo, also because it contains Nirvana’s cover of Kiss’ Do You Love Me, only available on this CD)

amnesia
      Spectator

My list would look like this.I cant really compare with Grannie and Derek,Shawn, but here goes

Live CDs
      a) Live In Chicago 23-10-95
      b) Up Close 98-42
      c) Machina, The Machines Of God, SFX Radio Network
      d) Live At Cabaret Metro 10-5-88
      e) Inside Smashing Pumpkins: Zeitgeist

Promo CDs
      a) Greatest Hits Rotten Appels Internal Acetate
      b) Untitled Internal Acetate
      c) Machina, The Machines Of God, Acetate promo (Not Final Mastering) <– I forgot all about that one :roll:
      d) (Tie)Chrysalis promo \"The Music Of The Smashing Pumpkins 1991 – 1998 and Adore Canvas
      e) (Tie) Untitled & Other Choice Cuts and Untitled (Pop Mix)

Arthur
      Spectator

Promo CDs
      e) Untitled (Pop Mix)[/quote:1vzry4xu]
      Isn’t that a little overrated? As far as I know, it is just the original song, no different mix, and rather widely available also back then… :roll:

amnesia
      Spectator

Isn’t that a little overrated? As far as I know, it is just the original song, no different mix, and rather widely available also back then… :roll:[/quote:30d10aqh]

I dont know, ive never seen it before on Ebay nor other places on the internet.I got mine from a private collector once for a lot of money.I think its pretty rare.

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

Promo CDs
      e) Untitled (Pop Mix)[/quote:2a5u9qmq]
      Isn’t that a little overrated? As far as I know, it is just the original song, no different mix, and rather widely available also back then… :roll:[/quote:2a5u9qmq]

Awww…we didn’t need the eye roll…heh.

But I could see your point. It might be a tad overrated, however I’d argue the point that it was widely available. It was only sent to major radio stations in key markets that wanted to play it.

I could easily replace that with the Q101 contest CD-R that Derek has, since there are only 3 copies.

BTW—about time I made a road trip to Tennessee…heh.

amnesia
      Spectator

I could easily replace that with the Q101 contest CD-R that Derek has, since there are only 3 copies.

BTW—about time I made a road trip to Tennessee…heh.[/quote:31s6sy1n]

Do you also own a Untitled Q101 contest cd Shawn ? :shock: :shock:

Arthur
      Spectator

BTW—about time I made a road trip to Tennessee…heh.[/quote:3sdrprno]
      That’s NOT where I live, luckily! Derek, however… :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

Oh,I get it now. :P

mr.benway
      Spectator

@all: phantastic lists :shock:

@Arthur: This matchbox-like CD looks really cool.

@Mayo: When did you buy all these stuff? Crazyyy…

I’ve browsed through my collection, but i didn’t find that many rare CDs:

– Machina 2 (4 cd-set, UK Acetate/CDR, In-House Promo?)
      – Les Inedits de \"The Aeroplane Flies High\" (Frnch Promo)
      – Try³ (Summersault Tour Dates) (Canadian Promo)
      – Untitled And Other Choice Cuts (Canadian Promo)
      – Adore (Canadian Promo)

I have also 2 or 3 other CDR-Promos, but i’m not sure how rare they are. I’m not very interested in collecting CDRs.

What about the following CDs, does someone have more information. Are they \"rare\"?
      – Thirty Three (UK Promo HUTCDJ78) i’ve read somewhere, this Promo was withdrawn and only little numbers where pressed. Why was it withdrawn?
      – True Power, True Faith Rarities & B-Sides (Promo for the Smashing Pumpkins Digital Catalogue)
      – Some of the first Australian Relaeses: Siva & I Am One

Mr.Benway

Sven
      Spectator

in rare cds i guess i only have this one-

http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=553

;)

still-

got some tapes et al too-
      and thus quite a collection-
      but just not a collector of those ‘rare’ cds I guess-
      just got the one or two or something pieces that mattered to me per my collection i guess…

some pumpkins
      Spectator

^^ that’s a really cool cd sven! as one of a kind as it gets. you guys have some very rare stuff. here is what i can come up with

daphne descends
      true power. true faith.
      Q101 machina II
      perfect sweden cardsleeve
      batman and robin german promo
      [url:3bjnew3d]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3060[/url:3bjnew3d]

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s a pretty awesome CD Sven! 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Thats awesome Sven!!!
      I think Sven´s Machina II, Friends And Enemies Of Modern Music is the crown jewel of all 8)

You guys have some serious shit, all of you :shock: 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

^^ that’s a really cool cd sven! as one of a kind as it gets. you guys have some very rare stuff. here is what i can come up with

daphne descends
      true power. true faith.
      Q101 machina II
      [url:1bs0ec63]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3060[/url:1bs0ec63][/quote:1bs0ec63]
      Not really one of a kind… there must be several of them, only they didn’t appear on the market. So it’s fucking rare anyway for sure! And that Batman promo… I’m jealous! Never seen it before, and I want it badly! Be proud of it, dear some pumpkins! 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

daphne descends
      true power. true faith.
      Q101 machina II
      [url:ye1q5mwi]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3060[/url:ye1q5mwi][/quote:ye1q5mwi]
      Not really one of a kind… there must be several of them, only they didn’t appear on the market. So it’s fucking rare anyway for sure! And that Batman promo… I’m jealous! Never seen it before, and I want it badly! Be proud of it, dear some pumpkins! 8)[/quote:ye1q5mwi]

if you really want it, i think i would be willing to trade it for your mellon collie acetates :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

:lol:

Sven
      Spectator

daphne descends
      true power. true faith.
      Q101 machina II
      [url:3abasbi9]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3060[/url:3abasbi9][/quote:3abasbi9]
      Not really one of a kind… there must be several of them, only they didn’t appear on the market. So it’s fucking rare anyway for sure! And that Batman promo… I’m jealous! Never seen it before, and I want it badly! Be proud of it, dear some pumpkins! 8)[/quote:3abasbi9]

Indeed-
      According to the letter that came with the cd this was given/sent out as a present / business promo to an inner circle at/of Virgin Germany…
      So there are bound to be several copies… somewhere between 50 and 100 maybe even.
      However-
      I’ve never seen another copy hit the market…
      Strangely enough though the place/dealer where I picked this up from (and the price, ha!) has always made me wonder how this gem got there in the first place, not to say why the other copies haven’t popped up in the more marketable places…

Wait and see if another pops up-
      Or make me an offer I can’t refuse… ;)
      No, wait- I just can’t…

amnesia
      Spectator

Promo CDs
      e) Untitled (Pop Mix)[/quote:1art2dlj]
      Isn’t that a little overrated? As far as I know, it is just the original song, no different mix, and rather widely available also back then… :roll:[/quote:1art2dlj]

There was a copy on eBay, it went for 150 dollars, so i guess its very rare.

amnesia
      Spectator

@Mayo: When did you buy all these stuff? Crazyyy…[/quote:1o64ef6s]

I think that was last summer.
      And some this year as well.

Arthur
      Spectator

There was a copy on eBay, it went for 150 dollars, so i guess its very rare.[/quote:2v1juzh9]
      To me, it means that a collector is willing to pay (to) good bucks for a cd that is not even that rare. For a few dozens of bucks more he could have had the Tonight, Tonight BBC disc. Which is, compared to that "Pop Mix that-is-no-pop-mix-after-all", incredibly rare! So I would call that Pop Mix thing a little overpriced… :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

I think thats the price for it, since i also paid 150 bucks for mine, so i guess it is worth thats much.2 copies sold for 150 dollars each.

Sven
      Spectator

Scarcity or \"relative\" scarcity makes the price…

We just don’t know how many of the CDRs are out there, do we?
      For the Untitled Pop Mix that is?!

So-
      When it never pops up on an auction or something – if fetches loads of cash-
      Then more pop up-
      Thus- the price tends to drop-
      Drop to the \"market\" value at hand-

If someone would be there to come forward with pics and accounts and all and tell us there are like 10.000 of these cdr’s prices would drop even further-
      If someone would be there to come forward with same evidences and tell us there are like only 100 of these, prices even might go up-

In not knowing how or why-
      It’s always tricky to value-

Plus-

When the original Earphoria promo hit the auctions et al it was VERY expensive-
      Then we learned there only 1.000 promo copies of the original one-
      So prices didn’t exactly drop (inviting bootleggers in even!!!)-

It’s always a case of wait and see-
      But I just don’t get the GLOW stuff-
      There are SO fucking many promos for this kinda stuff; why these prices???????
      In about two years time you pick this up for one dollar somewhere for sure-
      As this was and still is a massive campaign-

Another thing, right?
      Massive campaign and territory next to small promo effort/small country/small outlet numbers-
      The Australian stuff is kinda always rare-
      France might be rather large country- there aren’t THAT many media outlets there- so true DELABEL promos almost never hit the 200+ mark, hence: rare stuff-
      In the UK stuff tends to fetch higher numbers-
      The US even higher-

So calculate those factors in-
      And you still know nothing-
      But you DO know-
      It all figures into value… ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

I have a different opinion on that G.L.O.W. promo cd. At first I thought it was overpriced with 50-75 dollar, now I started to think it’s a normal price. Because this song has no official, commercial CD equivalence! So the only way to get it on CD format, is this promo! That makes it VERY rare, all of a sudden! What adds to the price (maybe) is the expectation of \"the market\" that this could be the last CD single ever of the Smashing Pumpkins, and that from now on, we will only see other, downloadable, formats. This G.L.O.W. CD might end up being the last proper single (promo only) on this physical format, which adds to it’s rarity, and collector’s price. Makes sense?

amnesia
      Spectator

I agree with Arthur on most, only part i dont agree on, is the GLOW singel to be VERY rare, if it was VERY rare, why does it pop up on eBay once every second month.I think the GLOW is rare only, and not VERY rare.
      A very rare item only pops on eBay, maybe 2-3 times a year, like for example the I Am One AU cd singel.

Eli.com sold the GLOW for 65 bucks, i paid 75 for mine as i bought it from another collector.
      Ive even seen it go for 45 bucks once on eBay.
      When it hit eBay first time it went for like 150 bucks, remember EIffel hehe. :P :wink:

Correct me if im wrong, im still a lil green since ive only collected for 1 year only, and there is a lot i dont know about. :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

Correct me if im wrong, im still a lil green since ive only collected for 1 year only, and there is a lot i dont know about. :roll:[/quote:33tyanfv]
      It shows kiddo, it shows. :P

My key sentences are: "Because this song [G.L.O.W.] has no official, commercial CD equivalence! So the only way to get it on CD format, is this promo!" So, what happens here, looks like the 1994 Earphoria promo effect: not extremely rare (1,000 pressed), still very VERY expensive (up to 300-400 dollar I remember), as it was the only way to hear the unreleased songs on it. On itself the G.L.O.W. promo might not be that rare, considering its pressing numbers, but the availability of the song on CD is pretty rare in itself, and adds to the CD promo value. I hope I made it a little more clear? Besides, it’s just my thoughts about it… time can proof I’m wrong… :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

I get it now. :wink:
      If you put it that way, then yes, its very rare.Thanks A.

Ive been thing about buying me a second copy of the Glow promo cd for pleasure use.

also, with the glow promo, a lot of radio stations received a digital download instead of a cd. so i guess there are less cds out there than there might have been made back in the cd-promos-only days.

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

There was a copy on eBay, it went for 150 dollars, so i guess its very rare.[/quote:30invhm1]
      To me, it means that a collector is willing to pay (to) good bucks for a cd that is not even that rare. For a few dozens of bucks more he could have had the Tonight, Tonight BBC disc. Which is, compared to that "Pop Mix that-is-no-pop-mix-after-all", incredibly rare! So I would call that Pop Mix thing a little overpriced… :wink:[/quote:30invhm1]

Yes, that is your opinion, but you don’t need to slam the person who bought it. You have your impression of what’s rare, so does everyone else. They won’t always be in line. But just becuase you think that the Untitled CD isn’t rare, doesn’t make it so.

At the end of the day Conjecture reigns supreme, meaning that the value of an item is only what 1 person is willing to pay for it. Like the Rotten Apples set that is $500 that you pointed out, it probably won’t get any bids (hopefully).

And while the BBC Tonight Tonight CD is rare, my only problem with those, is this:

With those Kodak/Gold CD-R promo’s, who is to say that someone internally at the label just burned that to listen to himself/herself? Is it truly an "official" CD that was meant to be distrubted? That is my only beef with those, is that you never really know what their original intent was. Because even the Machina 2 US In-house promo was done somewhat officially, with a Virgin logo, etc. These Gold/Kodak CD-R with handwritten labels could have just been someone’s attempt at burning a CD of a song they wanted, yet it gets sold later on and now becomes an "official promo release", it just makes me skeptical, that’s all.

Shawn

Arthur
      Spectator

At the end of the day Conjecture reigns supreme, meaning that the value of an item is only what 1 person is willing to pay for it.[/quote:c4d9h6qa]
      I fully agree Shawn. I’m trying not to slam any collectors, and if any think I’m doing that, then realize, I’m slamming myself at the same time. I’m a collector too, and there are items that I overpaid also in my collecting history. :wink:

And yeah, you could be right about the history of those type of cds… as long as we don’t question its genuinity, I’m fine with whatever label we give it… It’s the same with "mispressings" or "one-off vinyl colors" sometimes also, as some people just like to mess around in the factory, take it home for personal fun use, and then later it reaches the collectors market. Sometimes even for good bucks. When you think of it, it’s crazy! But it’s how it works, I’m afraid.

Sven
      Spectator

At the end of the day Conjecture reigns supreme, meaning that the value of an item is only what 1 person is willing to pay for it.[/quote:1oiyfwlt]
      I fully agree Shawn. I’m trying not to slam any collectors, and if any think I’m doing that, then realize, I’m slamming myself at the same time. I’m a collector too, and there are items that I overpaid also in my collecting history. :wink:

And yeah, you could be right about the history of those type of cds… as long as we don’t question its genuinity, I’m fine with whatever label we give it… It’s the same with "mispressings" or "one-off vinyl colors" sometimes also, as some people just like to mess around in the factory, take it home for personal fun use, and then later it reaches the collectors market. Sometimes even for good bucks. When you think of it, it’s crazy! But it’s how it works, I’m afraid.[/quote:1oiyfwlt]

how it works yeah- for sure-

stll – the GLOW cd is nothing near VERY RARE nor RARE–

sure- it was promo-ed out in digital format too-
      but with these game-releases now-
      these promos are made by the thousands-
      just to get the word out-

as always-
      wait and see-

this isn’t rare per se-
      it’s just in circles that don’t normally jump to ebay-
      relative rarity thus-
      but there are loads and loads of these around-

manillascissor
      Keymaster

What about the following CDs, does someone have more information. Are they "rare"?
      – Thirty Three (UK Promo HUTCDJ78) i’ve read somewhere, this Promo was withdrawn and only little numbers where pressed. Why was it withdrawn?
      – True Power, True Faith Rarities & B-Sides (Promo for the Smashing Pumpkins Digital Catalogue)

Mr.Benway[/quote:5705lv2d]

That first CD was withdrawn – not sure why, but yes, it’s rare as hell and easily overlooked.

True Power, True Faith – rare.

Siva and I Am One AU – these seem rare enough. The I Am One pops up more often, so I think more of these may have been pressed for some reason. The thing that makes these even more rare I think is trying to find ones in mint condition. They are old and many copies are quite dinged up. So if you have mint or close to mint copies, consider yourself lucky!

amnesia
      Spectator

Siva Au cd singel *Sigh*

Did i ever tell you guys i so want that one :roll: :P

amnesia
      Spectator

The Thirty Three (UK Promo HUTCDJ78) didn’t it get pulled back because it was misprinted.Offical it should only be a 1 track promo cd, but they pressed it as 3 track promo cd and when they found out, they pulled it back, yet a few survived.Can anybody confirm this ? Bram, Arthur ?

I know its rare as fuck, im very happy i own a copy.

The Thirty Three (UK Promo HUTCDJ78) didn’t it get pulled back because it was misprinted.Offical it should only be a 1 track promo cd, but they pressed it as 3 track promo cd and when they found out, they pulled it back, yet a few survived.Can anybody confirm this ? Bram, Arthur ?

I know its rare as fuck, im very happy i own a copy.[/quote:1hq0pyye]
      i’m fairly certain that that wasn’t the reason. because the uk promo in the green cardboard sleeve they didn’t pull also has 3 tracks.

i’m not sure why it was pulled.
      was it, really? was it not just another version of the promo?

maybe they wanted to continue releasing promos in coloured cardboard sleeves (purple for bwbw, red for 1979, blue for tonight, and then green for thirty-three)? but someone had already made the hutcdj promo?

maybe there were doubts about what was going to be the next single. i believe muzzle was planned to be the next single, but then jimmy was fired and they chose 33. maybe, somewhere in that process, they first thought 33, made the hutcdj promo, changed their mind and pulled it, and then decided to release 33 anyway?

oh well, wild guesses.

one more thing though: i’m not convinced that this is rare as fuck. ok, it’s rare, but maybe not as rare as some websites/people want to make you believe.

amnesia
      Spectator

That theory sounds reasonable, but i always got the impression it got pulled back because it was misprinted, then you mentioned the green 33, and yeah thats a 3 track as well.Also the Untitled UK promo was misprinted as well, they never pulled that one back either.

Maybe its not rare as fuck, but its very rare, ive never ever seen it on eBay nor or any websites what so ever.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I guess while we are off topic anyways…. How rare is this CD?
      [url:505wjlf6]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=84[/url:505wjlf6]

mr.benway
      Spectator

What about the following CDs, does someone have more information. Are they "rare"?

Mr.Benway[/quote:176e6nis]

That first CD was withdrawn – not sure why, but yes, it’s rare as hell and easily overlooked.

True Power, True Faith – rare.

Siva and I Am One AU – these seem rare enough. The I Am One pops up more often, so I think more of these may have been pressed for some reason. The thing that makes these even more rare I think is trying to find ones in mint condition. They are old and many copies are quite dinged up. So if you have mint or close to mint copies, consider yourself lucky![/quote:176e6nis]
      Thanks a lot for these informations.

The ‘I Am One’ CD is in mint condition, but the cardboard-sleeve shows some wear on the edges an on the back (the white parts aren’t that white anymore).

And I’m looking for a copy of the Siva Au CD-Single. :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

[url:2f4g9afj]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=84[/url:2f4g9afj][/quote:2f4g9afj]
      Quite rare I guess, but it must be available being a commercial release. I have it, but I don’t know anyone else owning it too?

mr.benway
      Spectator

[url:38c9fdn4]http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=84[/url:38c9fdn4][/quote:38c9fdn4]
      Quite rare I guess, but it must be available being a commercial release. I have it, but I don’t know anyone else owning it too?[/quote:38c9fdn4]
      Oooops, i own this cd too. But I’ve never noticed the misspellings before :roll:

Viewing 54 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.