Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Rocket Baby Dolls
      Spectator

Hey,

I thought it was about time i showed my face on here (Hi Arthur, i’ll reply to your emails soon, i’m only online for a few mins).

I’ve been keeping an eye out for a Zwan EPK that Davin made me aware of a few weeks ago, one was sold on ebay and no info was fed back after an email or 2.

About 3 weeks ago after scouring ebay for an SP bargain i did a random check for Zwan, I found an ebay shop that was selling the Zwan EPK video for $2.50. Bargain! It arrived last friday.

I will start doing some more scans for items soon (Hopefully tomorrow) including the cover of and including the video. I’ll try working on seeding this to the internet, for a short time maybe even a direct download. The only problem is, it’s NTSC and i’m in the UK so i have PAL. My VCR can play NTSC, but it probably won’t be the best quality.

I planned to do the same with the MTV week video as there’s some interesting interviews, including Billy talking about plans of an addition to the old SP site involving Vasily Kafanov’s work which obviously didn’t happen (Year 2000, before the break up). I’ll keep you posted.

I’ll see if i can do a scan of the Zwan EPK and a couple of unique Japanese compilations. plus a couple of compilation videos that arrived yesterday (Hut Vision #33 & Alterna-Vision #84), also a (supposed) radio promo of the Black Sessions bought from a Canadian\\French radio station. Pay day is friday so i’ll be tracking down some more…

I’d like to thank Arthur for being very supportive and patient, you are a joy to talk to and if i ever meet you i’ll buy you a drink or two. I’ve been told that a couple of people from spfreaks have tried to contact me but never heard back from me, i haven’t been ignoring you, AOL seems to block pretty much everything but spam.

Maybe over-dramatic for a first post but hey, i like to enter in style.

Have a good one, i’ll be back soon,

Ash 8)

Hey, welcome to the board!

Hope you stick around, become a regular :wink:

And that’s pretty awesome about that fantastic bargain! Well done!

And don’t worry about dramatic first posts. We should all enter in style. And exit on fire. It’s the best way :lol:

(fyi, we have an unwritten rule here – only Arthur may use the sun-glass smiley. If you do good, he lets you use them for a set number of posts :wink: although they are getting pretty sparse… :lol: )

Arthur
      Spectator

(fyi, we have an unwritten rule here – only Arthur may use the sun-glass smiley. If you do good, he lets you use them for a set number of posts :wink: although they are getting pretty sparse… :lol: )[/quote:1480nquw]
      WHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! :lol:

Hey Ash, welcome. Instead of emailing use your scarse time on the board here so we can all enjoy your stylish posts. For example, tell us where you are from, and what you are doing in virtual life. It might make it very clear why you can use the 8) without having "permission". :wink:

Oh, by the way, new forum rule. SPfreaks contest winners can also use the 8) smiley from now on.

Rock on!
      Arthur 8)

You have mail, here are a couple of scrapped digicam pics before i resorted back to the scanner:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Arthur wrote:

(fyi, we have an unwritten rule here – only Arthur may use the sun-glass smiley. If you do good, he lets you use them for a set number of posts although they are getting pretty sparse… )[/quote:3fdyi3pf]

Arthur has a monopoly on some emoticons? :wink: :lol:

Arthur has a monopoly on some emoticons? :wink: :lol:[/quote:omcg9rxb] He does sort of :lol:

Basically, his old avatar was himself (i believe) with sunglasses, and it looked surprisingly like 8)

So he had that to begin with.

Then he started using the 8) more frequently – and criticized a couple of people for using it (jokingly of course)

But he has since said (in this topic, no less) that competition winners may use 8)

And i’m a comp winner 8)

So yeah. The more you know! 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

So, Arthur looks like an emoticon? very nice :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

I consist of 17 roboticons 8)

ping! I’m not crazy, I’m a microwave!

I consist of 17 roboticons 8)

ping! I’m not crazy, I’m a microwave![/quote:1ahudo4w]

I am so sigging that :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

:lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

You have mail[/quote:3r1474d0]
      Got it, I passed them to 1 of our other webmasters. I presume they will be uploaded shortly. Thanks Rocket Baby Dolls! :D

You have mail, here are a couple of scrapped digicam pics before i resorted back to the scanner:

[/quote:16autk0s]

hey hey hey…
      where did those come from? did you get them off of ebay? if you did i am so upset, i was bidding on the dvd, and got out bid! i cried for like a whole week!!!! well maybe not a week, but it felt like it. :cry:

[/quote:u66lrct2]

hey hey hey…
      where did those come from? did you get them off of ebay? if you did i am so upset, i was bidding on the dvd, and got out bid! i cried for like a whole week!!!! well maybe not a week, but it felt like it. :cry:[/quote:u66lrct2]

Aww i’m sorry, i really didn’t think id win the DVD, i didn’t mean to upset you :(. I will be uploading it in a few weeks though, it’s a very insightful interview with Billy & Jimmy about the run-up to Zeitgeist, old band members, recording the album…

You have mail[/quote:19df2t6x]
      Got it, I passed them to 1 of our other webmasters. I presume they will be uploaded shortly. Thanks Rocket Baby Dolls! :D[/quote:19df2t6x]
      been very busy. i’ll try to do it tonight.

well it is alright, i got over it, only barley, but if you will be uploading it then at least i can see it, right?

[/quote:eo2yhh95]
      can you tell me more about these?
      is the dvd PAL or NTSC? is it an american or a european release?
      and how about the vhs?

thanks.

[/quote:9vtg8jno]
      can you tell me more about these?
      is the dvd PAL or NTSC? is it an american or a european release?
      and how about the vhs?

thanks.[/quote:9vtg8jno]

Never says, 2 of the 3 of the DVD players in the house i’ve coded into being multi-region but the Sony DVD recorder has to be chipped so i’ll give it a try on there, it’ll tell me what region it’s designed for.

The video might be harder as the VCR’s play videos from anywhere, but NTSC tends to play as a lower quality.

The info i have about where these items originate are pretty much what they say on the label.

i must say i can’t really decide where these come from based on the label.
      little help here?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

little help here?[/quote:3h20y4ye]

matrix codes on DVD?

VHS, I have no clue.

little help here?[/quote:25rizau8]

Well buddy, all i’ve got to go on myself is the labels. I’ve just checked my ebay feedback history, the VHS was bought from a guy in the US, as was the DVD.

The only number on the DVD centre ring is: EE625A406866G.

There is nothing on the labels to say any country of origin, all i can say is the sellers lived in America.

Hope this helps, as that’s the extent of my knowledge without ringing up Warner\\Reprise and grilling the Director on production locations.

Viewing 19 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.