Viewing 55 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Keymaster

What does everyone have (or what have you seen) for the hardcopy versions of this release?

So far, I’ve seen a UK version, and a DE promo.

has it been released already? i had no idea.

Arthur
      Spectator

has it been released already? i had no idea.[/quote:26446mz1]
      Cool As Ice Bear was hibernating… :lol:

http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?p=3146#3146

heh. it’s been too warm to hibernate.

pre-orders aren’t \"confirmed\" releases, in my opinion. remember the zeitgeist pre-orders? things turned out different too. the best example is the vinyl, of course, but i remember a german red zeitgeist was also \"confirmed\" at that time.

where did you see the german promo of american gothic? how does it look like? i assume you didn’t find it on amazon where people could pre-order it.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

heh. it’s been too warm to hibernate.

pre-orders aren’t "confirmed" releases, in my opinion. remember the zeitgeist pre-orders? things turned out different too. the best example is the vinyl, of course, but i remember a german red zeitgeist was also "confirmed" at that time.

where did you see the german promo of american gothic? how does it look like? i assume you didn’t find it on amazon where people could pre-order it.[/quote:3l7qpu9i]

Oh, hell no. LOL. It was on eBay. Looks like a CD-R. Not even sure if it comes in a jewel-case or not. The UK version I have not actually seen for sale, other than preorders. The promo however, is on it’s way as we speak. :D

Shannen
      Spectator

It looks like the 4 songs comprises the EP can be bought individually. And there goes our saving again :P .

[url:v4oeoxw8]http://aeschtunes.wordpress.com/2008/01/04/ep-review-smashing-pumpkins-american-gothic/[/url:v4oeoxw8]

It looks like the 4 songs comprises the EP can be bought individually. And there goes our saving again :P .

[url:16btqyn4]http://aeschtunes.wordpress.com/2008/01/04/ep-review-smashing-pumpkins-american-gothic/[/url:16btqyn4][/quote:16btqyn4]

No, what it means is that the four songs are available in the ZG deluxe edition, but also separately – through AG.

[url:5jyzvlhj]http://aeschtunes.wordpress.com/2008/01/04/ep-review-smashing-pumpkins-american-gothic/[/url:5jyzvlhj][/quote:5jyzvlhj]

No, what it means is that the four songs are available in the ZG deluxe edition, but also separately – through AG.[/quote:5jyzvlhj]
      i think that the comment has nothing to do with the cd release. it’s about how it is released on itunes: you can buy zeitgeist "deluxe", which includes the 4 american gothic tracks, or you can buy the tracks separately. if i’m not mistaken, there isn’t even an itunes release of american gothic as a whole.
      note that the american gothic tracks are an itunes exclusive in the us, so it’s understandable that they don’t mention the cd release.

Oh, hell no. LOL. It was on eBay. Looks like a CD-R. Not even sure if it comes in a jewel-case or not. The UK version I have not actually seen for sale, other than preorders. The promo however, is on it’s way as we speak. :D[/quote:ep7hqgfa]
      do you still have a link to the ebay auction? or to a picture of the cd?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Oh, hell no. LOL. It was on eBay. Looks like a CD-R. Not even sure if it comes in a jewel-case or not. The UK version I have not actually seen for sale, other than preorders. The promo however, is on it’s way as we speak. :D[/quote:1uy60uo7]
      do you still have a link to the ebay auction? or to a picture of the cd?[/quote:1uy60uo7]

Sure, here you go:

wow. wicked.

Arthur
      Spectator

wow. wicked.[/quote:1u939p19]
      Indeed.

they were selling copies at the zurich show: http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost.ph … stcount=72

:o

Lara
      Spectator

i know i dont post much, but im extremely busy
      i just wanted to say (and maybe im late) but you can buy american gothic in stores (here in the netherlands)
      for the dutch people:\" bij de plato en boudisque (amsterdam)\"
      and im unable to make any scans because i dont have a scanner anymore, though i can make pictures ….
      (btw arthur thats why i still dont have pics of concerttix)

Got mine :D

Arrived yesterday… I should really be revising (ho hum mock exam week) so i won’t post scans yet

Therefore: I call dibs on the posting of UK release of AG :lol:

Should get it done Friday evening/this weekend

Ok, i finally got round to posting scans of AG :)

Just so you know…

i only bought the uk version so far, but i can already confirm that the version that is sold in belgium (and the rest of the eu?) is different.
      different matrix code, at least. there might be more differences, but not that i know of…

Ok, i finally got round to posting scans of AG :)

Just so you know…[/quote:2ampn7vn]
      where did you "post" them?

the thing is, i have both versions now, so i could easily make scans of both and upload them to the collection. but if you already made scans and sent them somewhere…

i will see.

edit: i got the scans. will look into it later today.
      edit 2: aah, too much to do and not enough time. i will upload the two american gothics tomorrow.

where did you "post" them?[/quote:27sn4gdh] I meant E-mail :?

yeah, i got them now.

tiny
      Spectator

Check out, http://www.sanity.com.au/product/produc … ku=2105459 & http://www.ozphoria.com/index.php
      , for the release details of the Australian pressing of American Gothic. Hopefully this is Australian pressed, the stock code listed is the same as the EU release though.
      :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Check out, http://www.sanity.com.au/product/produc … ku=2105459 & http://www.ozphoria.com/index.php
      , for the release details of the Australian pressing of American Gothic. Hopefully this is Australian pressed, the stock code listed is the same as the EU release though.
      :D[/quote:2hy13hoi]
      Thanks for this news Bryan! Do you happen to be from Down Under, which might make it easy for you to check in the shops soon? And then maybe maybe maybe help us worldwide order it somewhere in Australia (or is that address you provided already your online source of choice maybe)?

tiny
      Spectator

Yes I do Live Down Under New Zealand actually, I am certain this will be manufactured in Australia, time will tell though. I am guessing they may sell these American Gothic EP’s at the concerts being played down here soon. I have got my tickets for 24/3/08 already I cannot wait. Last time the pumpkins played in my home town was 1996 and boy that was good!

Here is a little heads up for you compulsive collectors, note the country of origin is listed as AUSTRALIA, not a bad price either!!!! http://www.redeye.com.au/answer.asp?rei … rch=search.

I have ordered many items from this site and these people are great, you will have no problems. They had some great pumpkins items a few years ago but most have been sold.

P.S Note the release date of the 1st of March.

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks Bryan, so good to have friends all over the place! Let’s wait for your confirmation on the EP being genuine Australian (sold in New Zealand), and I will give it a shot for my collection of course. Maybe Australia/New Zealand will have a promo copy also?

In the meantime I found 2 other promo releases for American Gothic:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=2104 (Germany)

Arthur
      Spectator

i know i dont post much, but im extremely busy
      i just wanted to say (and maybe im late) but you can buy american gothic in stores (here in the netherlands)
      for the dutch people:" bij de plato en boudisque (amsterdam)"
      and im unable to make any scans because i dont have a scanner anymore, though i can make pictures ….
      (btw arthur thats why i still dont have pics of concerttix)[/quote:1fistd95]
      No problem Lara, get back to us when you are available again! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Some more info from the SPIFC newsletter I received today.

\"Hello SPIFC members! Here’s the SPIFC’s February 2008 newsletter:

NEW \"AMERICAN GOTHIC EP\" TO HAVE A PHYSICAL CD RELEASE

As mentioned in the previous newsletter, the Pumpkins released a 4 track EP via iTunes in North America called \"America Gothic\" on January 2nd, 2008. There has been much talk about an eventual release of the EP on CD in countries outside of the US, as iTunes was supposed be the \"exclusive retailer\" of the EP in the USA. Well now it appears that there is going to be a physical release in many countries in the USA and Canada after all.

The following is a list of released dates in several countries. You can pre-order the CD in these countries on their respective Amazon pages. This is likely not an exhaustive list, so please let us know if you have discovered release dates for other countries:

UK – February 11
      US – February 12
      Japan – February 12
      Germany – February 15
      Australia – March 1
      Canada – March 4

It is unclear whether or not the worldwide release dates of the CD will have coincide with with a release on iTunes in some countries. However, Ozphoria, the Australian SP Fan site, has confirmed with Warner Music that March 1 is the release date in that country will coincide with a corresponding iTunes release. The reason for the delay in releasing the EP in Australia is reportedly due to the fact that Warner wants to have it released closer to the Pumpkins Australian tour. As for the late release date in Canada, this has gone unexplained, and does not make much sense considering \"American Gothic\" was released in Canada and the US on iTunes at the same time. There are no Canadian tour dates in the near future to explain this.

A reminder of iTunes info \"American Gothic\" for the USA and Canada:
      Currently the 4 tracks are being sold separately on iTunes
      The Rose March
      Again, Again, Again (The Crux)
      Pox
      Sunkissed

The American Gothic EP is also being sold as part of a deluxe iTunes release that for a includes the 4 American Gothic tracks, the full album of ZEITGEIST and both music videos (Tarantula & That’s The Way).

Curiously, there is no separate American Gothic EP listing on iTunes, but SmashingPumpkins.com has made a hi-resolution copy of the cover art available for download at their website, You can find the cover art for American Gothic, here:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/gallery … _final.jpg\"

i already ordered the australian version.
      haven’t seen the japanese version, but then i haven’t really looked for it, since i didn’t know it existed.

i assume the german release is the eu release?

Arthur
      Spectator

i already ordered the australian version.
      haven’t seen the japanese version, but then i haven’t really looked for it, since i didn’t know it existed.

i assume the german release is the eu release?[/quote:2c7csjeh]
      Yeah I guess so. By the way, here is another UK promo of American Gothic.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … SS:NL:1123

i think i already bought one of those on ebay. the auction didn’t have any pictures, so i’m not sure. the cd should arrive soon.

tiny
      Spectator

I just purchased the Australian pressing of American Gothic today, very similar to U.K and EU release, both disc and back insert state made in Australia, no mention of this on booklet. Cat. # 9362498810, matrix on CD; ifpi lr11 6181005202 9362498810.

Scans to follow if I can work out how to put them on here.

Bryan

hi bryan,

you don’t need to send your scans in anymore. the australian american gothic has already been uploaded.

Arthur
      Spectator

hi bryan,

you don’t need to send your scans in anymore. the australian american gothic has already been uploaded.[/quote:1iubdjtr]
      Tsss, you 2 crossed… Bryan already send them in, and I was about to upload them. However, Bryan, thanks for your help!

i’m so sorry
      why oh why

:( :cry:

i just bought one from argentina on ebay. will upload it when it arrives. but this could take a while…

i remember my zeitgeist never came. had to re-buy it from another seller after a couple of months. (spfreaks entry now updated with a scan from the cd and matrix code: http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1829)

Arthur
      Spectator

i just bought one from argentina on ebay. will upload it when it arrives. but this could take a while…[/quote:vi0k5r9p]
      American Gothic from Argentina? Wow, cool find. Lemme start checking also…

shouldn’t be too hard. there must be more copies on ebay.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

late, stupid post, but confirmed canadian version. holding it in my hand as we speak. the CD.

get your mind out of the gutter!

:)

late, stupid post, but confirmed canadian version. holding it in my hand as we speak. the CD.

get your mind out of the gutter![/quote:314oku49]
      ooh! me want. :o

any news on the japanese version?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

get your mind out of the gutter![/quote:2xo45spg]
      ooh! me want. :o

any news on the japanese version?[/quote:2xo45spg]

not from this front, i’ve not seen one yet.

Arthur
      Spectator

Another Mexican to grab for ya. I got it already (though I didn’t receive it yet).

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … 0239216104

does anyone know a place where the canadian american gothic can be bought online?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

does anyone know a place where the canadian american gothic can be bought online?[/quote:2xtarl9v]

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMASHING-PUMPKINS-A … dZViewItem

This is where I got mine. Same seller. Auction doesn’t specify that it’s a CA release, but I just assumed and turns out I was right. :)

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Doesn’t the English version come with 4 live tracks extra to every other version? I was confused because usually Ireland and England get the same versions of everything, but I bought American Gothic here and it came with just the studio tracks? I don’t know if thats something worth scanning for the collection though?

blueczarina
      Spectator

I thought that was just a download thing on 7 digital.

I thought that was just a download thing on 7 digital.[/quote:2c04dny3]
      correct. the uk tour edition of american gothic is a digital only release.

edit: note to myself: TODO: add this digital release to spfreaks.com

I don’t know if thats something worth scanning for the collection though?[/quote:23u4nedu]
      the uk cd release is already on spfreaks.com: http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=2082

if your copy looks different, then yes, it’s worth scanning.

Arthur
      Spectator

shouldn’t be too hard. there must be more copies on ebay.[/quote:3aeu6ply]
      Well, it took me till today anyway before my Argentinian contact found it. Must be a bit rare anyway I guess.

BTW, thanks for buying a website shirt. Will you come over to collect it with a biertje, or should I ship it to you already?

blueczarina
      Spectator

so you sold another. how many t-shirts have you sold Arthur? :wink:

i want one, i am putting it on my christmas list.

Arthur
      Spectator

so you sold another. how many t-shirts have you sold Arthur? :wink:[/quote:388raz1n]
      That’s between me and The Bookkeeper… :wink:

shouldn’t be too hard. there must be more copies on ebay.[/quote:31xqmklx]
      Well, it took me till today anyway before my Argentinian contact found it. Must be a bit rare anyway I guess.

BTW, thanks for buying a website shirt. Will you come over to collect it with a biertje, or should I ship it to you already?[/quote:31xqmklx]

hmmm… i still see copies on ebay. also, it looks like american gothic sellers from the usa are also selling the argentinian release. (check out the little silver sticker on the front.)

i won’t be able to come over. it’s quite far and i’m afraid to drive. and i don’t know when i will have enough time. so yeah, put it in the mail. thanks! i’d like to have a biertje with you though.

So what (commercial) releases of American Gothic do we have?
      I see:
      – UK
      – Europe
      – Canada
      – Mexico
      – Argentina
      – Australia

Still no news on a Japanese version?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Exactly what I was thinking. No japanese release or taiwanese, for that matter. Not that taiwan ever announced a release, but they have versions of most of the recent releases, especially if japan does.

Maybe in time. Maybe never.

if it’s not been released yet, i don’t think there will be one.

america didn’t get a release either, so this is not too strange.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

true. i was just expecting the japanese release, only because of the first post in this thread. had a release date and everything.

Viewing 55 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.