Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

Does anyone have any idea why he has won the prize so early into his presidency.

He really hasn’t done anything to deserve the prize in my opinion.

What is everyone’s thoughts on it.

Do you think he deserves it or not?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

no offense, but i don’t think this is the place for serious answers regarding this subject.

with that being said though, is there some committee that nominates and then votes? i have no idea how this works. i’d look to see something they publish in the near future about his selection.

THEN, i’d start agreeing/disagreeing.

BUT, that’s just me.

Arthur
      Spectator

It definately is too early, if you ask me.

The term to submit names for the Prize to the Nobel Committee closed 2 weeks after Obama started his presidency… And you already noticed on his reaction that he was a little embarrassed by it now.

There is only 1 positive thing that I can think of though. When he really sees it as a kick in the ass to bring some more peace to this little round place called Earth, then he might get to work even harder… Hope so.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

let us not forget he IS the first american black president in history.

we could be involved with wwIII, and i still think that deserves a nod.

blueczarina
      Spectator

and let us not forgot his inauguration involved Bush moving out- also award worthy. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

let us not forget he IS the first american black president in history.[/quote:jsne66i0]
      That means the voters should get a Nobel Prize… :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

he won it because of the things he has said he wants to accomplish. (peace in the middle east, green energy, healthcare reform, etc.) and you can tell he didn’t want it, nor do i think he is deserving of it. yet. you shouldn’t win the award based on what you want to accomplish. i think it should be merited on actual accomplishments.

some stuff i heard yesterday about the process: you aren’t able to nominate yourself, and there are certain types of people who meet the criteria for being on the nomination and voting panel. i heard a whole list of those types of people, but i can only remember them mentioning dignitaries and heads of state, and scholars and academics that are highly regarded from around the world. and we don’t get to find out who the other nominees were until 2059. the rules state that you have to wait 50 years before releasing the other nominees names.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i don’t think he should have got it. he hasn’t been in office long enough or accomplished anything like that. nothing against the guy. i just don’t think he has accomplished anything deserving of that honor.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I never knew you could win prizes for being quiet.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I never knew you could win prizes for being quiet.[/quote:3cvzweob]

you just had to say something. i was sending you a prize in the mail, but NOOOOO….

:D

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I never knew you could win prizes for being quiet.[/quote:3c2qbuvr]

Yeah,i’ve won 4! :wink:

i think i should win the lottery because i say i am going to win it :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

me too. oh, and i also want world peace. :lol:

Viewing 12 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.