TV on the radio : Dear Science
      The Cure : 413 Dream

blueczarina
      Spectator

i bought very little this year, but i liked

Bloc Party- Intimacy
      The Cure- 413 Dream
      Coldplay- Viva La Vida

i also bought the new Killers and the new Keane album, but they weren’t as great. they had a few good songs, but overall weren’t as good as their other albums to me.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m not sure how these fair with the others as such: I enjoyed ‘Filter – Anthems For The Damned’ a lot, along with ‘Husky – The Sea King.’

amnesia
      Spectator

Metallica-Death Magnetic
      Nine Inch Nails-The Slip
      Tim Christensen-Superior

Worse album
      Nine Inch Nails-Ghosts I–IV ( i really dont see any point in this at all )

blueczarina
      Spectator

i liked The Slip too. i just can’t ever remember what came out when. :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

Im soooooo looking forward to Chris Cornell new album.That guy is so fucking hot. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m looking forward to the new Franz Ferdinand album coming out in a few weeks.

Ghosts definitely. I honestly think it’s brilliant.

I actually thought The Slip was a little boring. Didn’t have many stand out moments. (You could probably say the same for Ghosts, but Ghosts isn’t really an album in the same sense as The Slip is, if you follow)

Also:

Med Sum… by Sigur Ros
      and The ’59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem.

I haven’t actually listened to that many albums from this year.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i haven’t heard Ghosts. i actually haven’t heard much NIN save for what i’ve heard on the radio.

i haven’t heard Ghosts. i actually haven’t heard much NIN save for what i’ve heard on the radio.[/quote:1wtm493e]

Go listen to their album ‘The Downward Spiral’. Generally regarded as their best, and rightfully so. The album is so fucked up on so many levels. Read up about it on Wikipedia.

And this is pretty much mandatory viewing: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iFx2TmQfM-o

blueczarina
      Spectator

i will check into it when i get home and maybe download the album.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i haven’t heard Ghosts. i actually haven’t heard much NIN save for what i’ve heard on the radio.[/quote:2s3zlknr]

Go listen to their album ‘The Downward Spiral’. Generally regarded as their best, and rightfully so. The album is so fucked up on so many levels. Read up about it on Wikipedia.

And this is pretty much mandatory viewing: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iFx2TmQfM-o[/quote:2s3zlknr]

When the bird grabs that fish is so powerful. Used to be my avatar.

When the bird grabs that fish is so powerful. Used to be my avatar.[/quote:38lh84l2]

Especially given the timing with the music.

Christ, can you imagine what it would have been like to be there, at that show?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

When the bird grabs that fish is so powerful. Used to be my avatar.[/quote:1euiz88d]

Especially given the timing with the music.

Christ, can you imagine what it would have been like to be there, at that show?[/quote:1euiz88d]

That’s what bugs me about the video. All those losers are just surfing and shit, not paying attention at ALL.

That’s what bugs me about the video. All those losers are just surfing and shit, not paying attention at ALL.[/quote:1g7inw9a]

My thoughts exactly. Like the cloth thrown across the screen at the beginning – it’s distracting and detracting.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

That’s what bugs me about the video. All those losers are just surfing and shit, not paying attention at ALL.[/quote:1amfrucx]

My thoughts exactly. Like the cloth thrown across the screen at the beginning – it’s distracting and detracting.[/quote:1amfrucx]

Yeah, should have kinda edited that out. Oh well.

Danni
      Spectator

Juliana Hatfield How To Walk Away
      Earth The Bees Made Honey In The Lions Skull
      The Hellacopters Head Off (just keeps getting slightly better and better…)
      The Sparks Creatures Of The Exotic…

mr.benway
      Spectator

I’ve listened a lot to

Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs – Dirt Don’t Hurt
      E.S.T. РLeucocyte (E.S.T. = Esbj̦rn Svennson Trio)
      Paul Weller – 22 Dreams
      Menahan Street Band – Make The Road By Walking
      The Kills – Midnight Boom
      The Foals – Antidotes
      No Age – Nouns
      Wolf Parade – At Mt. Zoomer

and
      Mudhoney – The Lucky Ones

Danni
      Spectator

I’ve listened a lot to

Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs – Dirt Don’t Hurt
      E.S.T. РLeucocyte (E.S.T. = Esbj̦rn Svennson Trio)
      Paul Weller – 22 Dreams
      Menahan Street Band – Make The Road By Walking
      The Kills – Midnight Boom
      The Foals – Antidotes
      No Age – Nouns
      Wolf Parade – At Mt. Zoomer

and
      Mudhoney – The Lucky Ones[/quote:1y5dwafm]

Ah, so you’ve heard of E.S.T? Well, of course I guess they were pretty big even outside Swedish borders…
      A pity Esbjorn passed on last summer. They were great live. "The Lucky Ones" are cool! :D

mr.benway
      Spectator

Ah, so you’ve heard of E.S.T? Well, of course I guess they were pretty big even outside Swedish borders…
      A pity Esbjorn passed on last summer. They were great live. "The Lucky Ones" are cool! :D[/quote:166qbpa5]
      They are well known in Europe. In 2002 a friend recommended me a cd called "Strange Place For Snow". So i’ve discovered E.S.T. I’ve never seen / heard them live, unfortunatly i’ve missed them in 2006. The cd "e.s.t live in hamburg" from 2006 sounds phantastic. Phantastic music. It’s tragic that Esbjorn died so young.

Ghosts definitely. I honestly think it’s brilliant.

[/quote:1rado93n]

i agree, i love Ghosts! i like to listen to it while i’m drawing or writing poems or something. it really helps me relax.

Viewing 20 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.