Viewing 67 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Keymaster

For those who don’t know, ManCow is a pretentious arrogant prick who is trying oh so hard to become the next Howard Stern, here in the states. Needless, to say, I don’t respect the guy too much.

BUT

He recently interviewed Billy and Jimmy.

http://www.mancow.com, audio, highlights, smashing pumpkins.

It’s 11 mins long. They talk about G.L.O.W. and the Iha/Wretzky lawsuit, so it must be relatively recent.

Anyway, it’s enjoyable.

amnesia
      Spectator

For those who don’t know, ManCow is a pretentious arrogant prick who is trying oh so hard to become the next Howard Stern, here in the states. Needless, to say, I don’t respect the guy too much.

BUT

He recently interviewed Billy and Jimmy.

http://www.mancow.com, audio, highlights, smashing pumpkins.

It’s 11 mins long. They talk about G.L.O.W. and the Iha/Wretzky lawsuit, so it must be relatively recent.

Anyway, it’s enjoyable.[/quote:2lv8yzs2]

Thanks and nice find.Ill check it out :wink:

i’ll give it a listen tomarow. busy day getting ready, and running errands.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I despise Mancow. Why would Jimmy interview with him? Well it’s spreading the Pumpkins around, so that’s good.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Cheers m, I don’t often listen to interviews and enjoyed this one. :)

Billy seems really happy and it’s the first time myself that I’ve heard him comment on James ‘n D’Arcy.

I’m keeping this one, so here it is if anybody else would like to:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e4hri1

def, i will dl tomarow.

i am in the process of getting ready, and i made brownies for last rose, cause she is a sweetie, so i have to get those all done up too.

wait, did jimmy say he’s been \"completely clean and sober now for over 4 years\"? :o

i thought he was clean for much longer.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

wait, did jimmy say he’s been "completely clean and sober now for over 4 years"? :o

i thought he was clean for much longer.[/quote:14wo2v8g]

Well, maybe he means quitting smoking or absolutely no drinking. Not the hard drugs.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

def, i will dl tomarow.

i am in the process of getting ready, and i made brownies for last rose, cause she is a sweetie, so i have to get those all done up too.[/quote:1zyfvebz]

What kind of brownies, pray tell?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i will dl it later. looks interesting.

so Jimmy really said he has been clean for 4yrs. :shock: i thought it was longer too. :? hmm

yeah, he said \"clean and sober\". so he’s talking drugs and alcohol.
      i don’t think this necessarily includes cigarettes, but whatever.

it could mean anything. i mean, with this statement, still doing both drugs and alcohol in 2003 is not excluded. but being clean for ten years and giving up alcohol and cigarettes only four years ago is also possible.

still weird. what if he was still doing drugs during the zwan years? would that be one of the zwan secrets?

and why mention being sober? doesn’t this imply he had a drinking problem? or do people who can enjoy an occasional drink (without being alcoholic) suddenly stop drinking alcohol altogether and refer to it as being sober too?

blueczarina
      Spectator

good points ice cream. thats a confusing statement for sure. :?

i guess i was just under the impression that they were pretty much clean during Zwan and stuff. weird.

Marcella
      Spectator

I loved how Billy didn’t attack D’Arcy or James and recognized that they had indeed done something.

And I just have to mention:

\"Is it possible that you don’t have any swimmers?\"

\"Ahh oww.\"

I feel so mean for laughing at that XD.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that interview is hilarious. :lol:

but why is the guy called mancow? what kind of name is that?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i think it’s a horrible play on words for \"madcow\" disease.

i agree, the name is enough to turn the dial.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve never heard of him, but i liked the interview. it was interesting. did anyone notice he mentioned the Gish boxset- about still working on it or something. maybe it might still happen, but hard to say.

Marcella
      Spectator

Yeah, he actually mentioned it as one of the things they’re going to release. We’ve got some hope!

this interview was taken a couple of days before billy met that fan and told him about the gish tour and box set being delayed indefinitely. so it looks like the situation changed shortly after the interview.

blueczarina
      Spectator

aww, sad Ice Cream. i didn’t notice the time it took place. i guess things can change quick.

ok, i finally got to listen to it this morning, cause i put it on my mp3 player, thanks again dazey for the download.

ok, first of all why would mancow talk about billy’s swimmers. i bout choked on my own spit. geeze oh man.

and marcella — for shame. :wink:

ok just had to get that out.

good interview, funny, billy is such a great guy, even after mancow insulted his manhood.

also, i did have a little laugh when mancow called james a little asian girl. bad i know, but i did laugh.

Marcella
      Spectator

I forgot that, I laughed too. Bah, I laughed through the whole thing. I guess that’s why Mancow’s such a bitch, it’s more entertaining.

Anonymous
      Spectator

me too..I laughed at that part. didn’t Billy laugh..I’ll have to listen again sometime

yes he did laugh, and jimmy did also, you can read the transcript over at HU.

Anonymous
      Spectator

how silly..Bullet I just finished reading it at HU..lol

oh and billy was talking about neil diamond. i love neil diamond, i am getting a shirt that has him on it and it says \"a diamond is forever\"

that is too cool, they will probably have the rest of the transcript up tomarow.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i admit i laughed at the shame parts too. :lol: that Mancow is a dumbass, but it was funny.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

and why mention being sober? doesn’t this imply he had a drinking problem? or do people who can enjoy an occasional drink (without being alcoholic) suddenly stop drinking alcohol altogether and refer to it as being sober too?[/quote:29lldyl4]

If you’ve never had a drink in your entire life, you could call yourself sober. It does not have a former contingency within its meaning.

Also, most people don’t agree/admit this, you can never have a drink and be an alcoholic.

and why mention being sober? doesn’t this imply he had a drinking problem? or do people who can enjoy an occasional drink (without being alcoholic) suddenly stop drinking alcohol altogether and refer to it as being sober too?[/quote:893trst5]

If you’ve never had a drink in your entire life, you could call yourself sober. It does not have a former contingency within its meaning.

Also, most people don’t agree/admit this, you can never have a drink and be an alcoholic.[/quote:893trst5]

i agree, it is the potential to be an alcoholic.

and i don’t think jimmy was talking about drinking. i think he was talking about drugs and alcohol.

Arthur
      Spectator

manillascissor… did you read this?

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=161593

blueczarina
      Spectator

looks like everybody is sniping stuffs. :lol:

what is it? i am not going there to get a virus.

blueczarina
      Spectator

what is it? i am not going there to get a virus.[/quote:345o6txs]

someone on netphoria was spying on us and found the Mancow interview and started a thread there about it and mentioned spfreaks.

what is it? i am not going there to get a virus.[/quote:2jh68g4b]

You won’t get a virus from simply visiting their site. The webmasters there are, I’m pretty sure, not malicious.

blueczarina
      Spectator

what is it? i am not going there to get a virus.[/quote:1jhevu2o]

You won’t get a virus from simply visiting their site. The webmasters there are, I’m pretty sure, not malicious.[/quote:1jhevu2o]

its the popups. i got a virus and spy cookies the other day and so did a couple others on thepumpkins.net. plus my internet crashes when i open netphoria at home. i opened it at work though to check the link.

well, as soon as i go to netphoria, my computer freezes up, and goes all haywire, i don’t know what it is, but i don’t want it.

so can someone just tell me what it is?

what is it? i am not going there to get a virus.[/quote:1rwh0iro]

someone on netphoria was spying on us and found the Mancow interview and started a thread there about it and mentioned spfreaks.[/quote:1rwh0iro]

thanks czarina, i didn’t see your post at first.

oh plus, what a bunch of stealers.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

manillascissor… did you read this?

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=161593[/quote:1y2w7lar]

Yeah, I saw that. At least they mentioned spfreaks as the source.

ryoga
      Spectator

Hello, everybody this is ryoga from netphoria.

I noticed some of your claims of me “stealing” your information and I felt that I had to defend myself. I did not “steal” anything, I mentioned spfreaks because I like the site and I felt that people should know about it. It’s no secret that netphoria is the most well known and longest running sp mb and the spmediamilitia himself posts there. You’ll have to excuse me, I was not aware of the politics involving fan boarding. Had I known that some of you would act like high-school kids about it I never would have mentioned it. I’ve visited various sp boards before and several of them “steal” information/pictures/live concert recordings from netphoria all of the time without giving any source. “Netphorians” are not an organization or an ethnic group of people. They are regular people who have different personalities and opinions that so happen to choose to post on netphoria.

Arthur, I just want to tell you that you have done a wonderful job on this site and I visit it often. I especially enjoy the visual images to go with the information, they have been most helpful. Thank you.

PS. If you want to read the site simply install firefox and adblock. Honestly, everybody should be using it since most sites these days aren’t safe.

blueczarina
      Spectator

wow :roll:

sorry, i was just joking. :P

ryoga
      Spectator

sorry, i was just joking. :P[/quote:365drxtl]

No problem. I just dislike it when people think that anyone who posts on netphoria is an asshole. I hated it at first too and they were quite rude to me in the beginning but then I realized that I shouldn’t take things too seriously and just voice my opinion, right or wrong. They are just regular people behind a computer screen who also tend to have strong opinions about things. However, whatever you may think of them, there are a number of people on there that are very knowledgeable fans and they give plenty to the sp community.

Arthur
      Spectator

Arthur, I just want to tell you that you have done a wonderful job on this site and I visit it often. I especially enjoy the visual images to go with the information, they have been most helpful. Thank you.[/quote:4cb4bg2w]
      You’re welcome, ryoga. I’m glad you came around to speak your mind. Because what you say is 100% true, we all "steal" info everywhere. Some have the courtesy to name the source, and some don’t. You had the courtesy to name us, so you’re cool in my opinion. 8)

It was not my intention to start a virtual war about this, I was just happily surprised that we managed to have some news here that wasn’t on SP.com, Ozphoria, HipstersUnited and obviously Netphoria. And instead us following other sources, we happened to be a source ourselves. Funny.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Agree with Arthur here 100%. Netphoria has been around for a decade now. Very respectable and knowledgeable site, imo. I could do without the ads and the constant negativity, but like ryoga, I take it with a grain of salt.

Truth be told, mancow.com is the one who \"broke\" this story first, we just happened to post about it first. As part of a larger SP community, we all share between ourselves. And that is just what should happen. There is no point in two sites battling for supremecy.

Arthur
      Spectator

I could do without the ads and the constant negativity, but like ryoga, I take it with a grain of salt.[/quote:2w9izpic]
      I’ll start a new topic called "The Fall Of The Roman Empire" about Netphoria OK? This is not the place now… :wink:

ryoga
      Spectator

Thank you Arthur and manillascissor. I did not mean to spark a virtual war either but I felt that I had to speak for myself. I don’t like fan/mb supremacy battles either and I simply wanted to share the information with other fans that don’t visit spfreaks. And because I enjoy this site I try to mention it (i.e. whenever someone needs help finding out what a particular sp shirt looks like). Thank you both for your comments…and of course to manillascissor, I enjoyed the interview, thanks for the link :D

sorry, i was just joking. :P[/quote:2909n6rn]

No problem. I just dislike it when people think that anyone who posts on netphoria is an asshole. I hated it at first too and they were quite rude to me in the beginning but then I realized that I shouldn’t take things too seriously and just voice my opinion, right or wrong. They are just regular people behind a computer screen who also tend to have strong opinions about things. However, whatever you may think of them, there are a number of people on there that are very knowledgeable fans and they give plenty to the sp community.[/quote:2909n6rn]

no prob, i just have a strange sense of humor. it is hard to get it through the screen sometimes. :wink:

ryoga
      Spectator

I understand what you mean. I have a very dry and sarcastic sense of humour that would probably offend people because sarcasm tends to not translate well online. Besides, my original comment was not directed to you in particular so don’t worry about it, everything is fine.

kool and the gang.

Arthur
      Spectator

kool and the gang.[/quote:3fzoxde3]
      :shock: I can just, only just, handle My Chemical Romance being mentioned here, but this ? You’re pushing it big times bullet! That’s not you! What happened? :shock:

what is it? i am not going there to get a virus.[/quote:3lza3dvo]

You won’t get a virus from simply visiting their site. The webmasters there are, I’m pretty sure, not malicious.[/quote:3lza3dvo]

its the popups. i got a virus and spy cookies the other day and so did a couple others on thepumpkins.net. plus my internet crashes when i open netphoria at home. i opened it at work though to check the link.[/quote:3lza3dvo]

well, as soon as i go to netphoria, my computer freezes up, and goes all haywire, i don’t know what it is, but i don’t want it.

so can someone just tell me what it is?[/quote:3lza3dvo]

A bit late, but meh.

Firstly, what browser are you using? If it’s Internet Explorer 6, realize that it’s absolutely terrible with a ton of security holes and upgrade to Internet Explorer 7.

Secondly, realize that Internet Explorer is, on the whole, not a very good browser, and download Firefox.

In either case, they both have built in pop up blockers as well as other useful security tools.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t know what my internet is- 7 or 6? i’ll look into it all tomorrow though. i’m always really paranoid about my computer.

i don’t know what my internet is- 7 or 6? i’ll look into it all tomorrow though. i’m always really paranoid about my computer.[/quote:plpdaw4m]

Well, does the bit at the top look similar to this one:
      or this one:

blueczarina
      Spectator

the IE7 pic doesn’t work, but i googled it and found another pic and its IE7.

Ok, I just did a test with IE7 – I got pop ups.

But then I tested Firefox, I didn’t get pop ups.

So, if you want to browse without pop ups, use firefox i guess?

blueczarina
      Spectator

do you have firefox?

Yep.

blueczarina
      Spectator

works the same just better on security stuff?

i might switch to it.

kool and the gang.[/quote:1ckgdqr2]
      :shock: I can just, only just, handle My Chemical Romance being mentioned here, but this ? You’re pushing it big times bullet! That’s not you! What happened? :shock:[/quote:1ckgdqr2]

no no no, no mcr

are you insane????????????

PULP FICTION. JULES SAYS IT.

Arthur
      Spectator

PULP FICTION. JULES SAYS IT.[/quote:2pwjcpo9]
      Relieved. :lol:

ok, yeah, i didn’t go off the deep end.

no worries here.

Marcella
      Spectator

I recommend you download Firefox, Blue. It works practically the same yet it’s overall much better. And you can get cool skins 8).

blueczarina
      Spectator

I recommend you download Firefox, Blue. It works practically the same yet it’s overall much better. And you can get cool skins 8).[/quote:14anikys]

hehe, actually i did get it and superlord told about a few add-ons to get in PM. and i have to say i’m liking it much better. :wink:

maybe i should get it.

maybe i should get it.[/quote:2o3c6hcf]

Yes. Yes you should.

blueczarina
      Spectator

maybe i should get it.[/quote:2i2yrxhv]

do get it bullet. i’m really glad i dl it last night.

Viewing 67 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.