Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

one more thing
      http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=161448

good reading…and I get Gossamer tonight live!!! No way!!!!!!
      I hope that is true!

i am not even trying it, you can tell me what it says, but i am not going to netphoria again.

Pipoka
      Spectator

i am not even trying it, you can tell me what it says, but i am not going to netphoria again.[/quote:2za0y9ex]

i was going to ask the same thing ….
      Anyone ?! Please…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

From MonteLDS:

Just talked to Billy Corgan 8/7 plus rehearsal songs info

——————————————————————————–

I also have seen Lisa and Ginger. It was Ginger and her new hubby

So i am here in davenport. and billy came up smiled and talked to me. he laughed about talking to me because he said anything you say to you will be in quotes

I gave him copies of my July 15th and 31st DVD. He thought the cover was really cool (good job GDS)

So he told me the following thing

The Fillmore DVD will be 3 discs and there will be a HD (blu-ray) release.
      the dvd was done a few weeks ago and that the whole thing is going be very interesting.
      The DVD / BLU-RAY will have the following songs from the July 31st show
      The rose march, (he might of said peace and love), 99 Floors, Starla, Gossamer

He talked about the release of G.L.O.W. and how it will be hard to release it on CD here in the US. But said it wasn’t set in stone that G.L.O.W. will only be an import

I then asked Davin question of what does it sound like. Billy laughed and said i’ll tell you a lie. its going be an hour long song of me whinnying about things to 1 synth.

He talked a lot about the music business and owning the rights to recordings. and how Landslide was recorded on a used tape and as long as that song makes money the BBC makes money

He wanted to record something here in the Davenport / Rock Island area but there was an issue of \"ownership\". The release was going be for free, but at 41 he won’t be able to just give ownership away. The recording place would have ownership.

Ends up Billy thinks Redding was the BEST superchrist.

He asked if i was going stick around and listen thru the cracks in the wall. I told him You know it! he laughed. And i said I got to know if you will play bullet. And he said laughing \"ya, for the 450th time\"

this is my pic of Billy

o ya he he just went to the antique store just a few mins ago

hahaha i just recalled Billy said he just bought a Dodge Charger and then once again confirmed that Linda Strawberry bf did do the editing for the DVD

i keep recalling stuff.. and yes its about the record companies

he said that the record companies are now taking money from sales @ the concerts such as t-shirts and posters.

He said they have not found a record company they have wanted to work with yet.

Jimmy just showed up! All of these guys have Blackberry Curves

Billy said that it was impossible to find glass bottle water in Iowa.

he bought a new hat. picture coming soon.

I just saw Jeff leave with billy. and now the rest of the band is taking off.

an insider told me they sound checked gossamer. the band is really happy!

more insider info: SP fans who want to hear \"Today\" are supposedly going be scared at this show

Another insider info: smashing pumpkins Pastichio Melody (listen to it, and you might hear a riff used in G.L.O.W.)

Pipoka
      Spectator

THANK YOU! :D

do you sse the pics manilla? because i don’t :(

i’m so excited, i wish they come back to portugal soon… (like 2009 ?!) :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i saw the pics over at netphoria

basically monte sat outside while the pumpkins rehearsed songs that more than likely will appear in the august tour.

i’m not gonna ruin it for everyone, but pretty cool songs.

that thread is like 13 pages long. lots more to it than just that first thing i posted.

thanks nilla, you are not sucking today. keep up the good work!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

thanks bullet!

blueczarina
      Spectator

sounds neat. i wonder what rift he used from Pastichio? :wink:

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

sounds neat. i wonder what rift he used from Pastichio? :wink:[/quote:3agax58n]

Rubberman? :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, do the rubberman… :P :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I think Billy gave Monte some in accurate info about what he was playing at the show…lol

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

OMG, I just noticed, a 3 disc blu-ray!?!? That’s frickin’ huge!!!!
      This will totally be my first blu-ray purchase ever!

[edit]oops just realised I read it wrong, its 3 disc normal dvd and a blu-ray release, my bad…..still getting it though :P[/edit]

blueczarina
      Spectator

dumb question-but what exactly is blu-ray? is it just hi-def or something? :wink:

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Yeah it’s HD, and a blu-ray disc can hold a lot more info than a regular dvd or a hd-dvd.
      Which is why I sort of freaked when I thought it was 3 blu-ray discs :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, ok. it would be cool if it was 3 blu-ray then. :wink:

[edit]oops just realised I read it wrong, its 3 disc normal dvd and a blu-ray release, my bad…..still getting it though :P[/edit][/quote:nbvglycp]
      i read it differently: 2 normal dvds and 1 blu-ray.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t care as long as i get it. :P

well, fingers crossed then.

blueczarina
      Spectator

well, fingers crossed then.[/quote:1asu6q8r]

i know.

i wouldn’t think the lawsuit crap would get in the way though because its Zeiteist Era stuff. let’s just hope we get it and its not some dumb import thing.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Would the lawsuit affect it? I don’t know what the laws are re: live performances of the songs.

Arthur
      Spectator

let’s just hope we get it and its not some dumb import thing.[/quote:3jwr9u46]
      Dumb import thing? You need to be spanked for saying this.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Would the lawsuit affect it? I don’t know what the laws are re: live performances of the songs.[/quote:28pklk1m]

i don’t know, but legal issues lost us the boxset . :? it should be ok though. :wink:

Dumb import thing? You need to be spanked for saying this. [/quote:28pklk1m]

:lol:

i just don’t like it when they release something and its only available certain places, as in not in the US- ie. AG and probably GLOW. :wink: :P

Arthur
      Spectator

i just don’t like it when they release something and its only available certain places, as in not in the US- ie. AG and probably GLOW. :wink: :P[/quote:1mb1qu7k]
      Actually I love it, gives me something to hunt for. And it’s very special having something that almost nobody in the EU has. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i suppose. if you want the item like yesterday though and the new single or whatever is just a European release it kind of blows if your in the US and also happen to hate itunes.

well from another person who talked with billy, can’t remember if it was the bullshit guy or someone else, but billy said that it would not be a physical release in the us because of some kind of disagreement with the record lable, but i thought they had thier own record lable, so i am a little confused.

plus even if they release it in europe only, we can still get it, i am sure if we paypaled some money to arthur he would pick us up a copy and providing we sent enough for postage would also send it to us. cause i am pretty sure he is cool like that.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, we can still get it. i just like getting it the day it is released. i guess i need patience. :P

patience is a virtue! :P

i have lots of patiance……….. i haven’t even listend to G.L.O.W. yet. i am waiting till tuesday, i want to be dazzled, but in person. my butterflies are getting more active today. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, i don’t have patience when it comes to hearing new SP stuff. :P

you must be strong willed :wink:

very……… i’m a scorpio.

Arthur
      Spectator

I know what you mean blueczarina. But I’ve been there too many times with the Smashing Pumpkins, with tracks or releases that were only available in Japan, UK, US, France… But I guess we are lucky too in NL/EU as many Smashing Pumpkins singles were released here with extra tracks, not available elsewhere at the moment of release. And we seem to stick to the CD format a bit longer also… I’m not a big fan of iTunes and the likes either, but I’m afraid it’s going to be the future… and the end of my collecting career also… :?

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’m not a big fan of iTunes and the likes either, but I’m afraid it’s going to be the future… and the end of my collecting career also… :?[/quote:1ismkj5f]

i hope not, but i’m afraid you might be right. i hope things don’t go all digital with no physical releases, but that day is probably fast approaching. :?

I’m not a big fan of iTunes and the likes either, but I’m afraid it’s going to be the future… and the end of my collecting career also… :?[/quote:27ddg1p4]

i hope not, but i’m afraid you might be right. i hope things don’t go all digital with no physical releases, but that day is probably fast approaching. :?[/quote:27ddg1p4]

BOO ON THAT!!!!!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’m not a big fan of iTunes and the likes either, but I’m afraid it’s going to be the future… and the end of my collecting career also… :?[/quote:pycabd35]

i hope not, but i’m afraid you might be right. i hope things don’t go all digital with no physical releases, but that day is probably fast approaching. :?[/quote:pycabd35]

BOO ON THAT!!!!!!![/quote:pycabd35]

indeed :? :?

Arthur
      Spectator

well from another person who talked with billy, can’t remember if it was the bullshit guy or someone else, but billy said that it would not be a physical release in the us because of some kind of disagreement with the record lable, but i thought they had thier own record lable, so i am a little confused.

plus even if they release it in europe only, we can still get it, i am sure if we paypaled some money to arthur he would pick us up a copy and providing we sent enough for postage would also send it to us. cause i am pretty sure he is cool like that.[/quote:y9akiwzi]
      To clear this a little, having your own record label means not that much. For the copyright on your own songs, OK. To have some more influence on where and how to release things, OK. But that doesn’t mean you have full access to the distribution companies & channels that work for labels, what about the marketing, what about the pressing plants worldwide… It’s quite something having a physical item released in a certain area. Having your own label is not enough, that’s what I’m saying. That’s where the big labels come in handy.

And yes, when it’s available in NL I’ll get you a copy of course. Thing is, it might be UK only, so I order it online anyway, which you can do also. Saves a lot on shipment. Let’s wait how it goes.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Let’s wait how it goes.[/quote:3coje2s6]

i guess thats all we can do. :wink:

yep all we can do.

Viewing 36 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.