Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

Does anyone here have their music collection at Discogs.com?

Anyway here’s my (still missing about 50-60 records) but almost complete… Some pretty crappy cd’s and 12\" also there…

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=Saulir

Arthur
      Spectator

Hehehe, nice! But no, I don’t have my whole collection on there. I only keep track of my SP stuffs here. Nice browsing through your collection, though. A lot of variety, I have to say :wink:

Voidhanger
      Spectator

I use recordnerd.com for tracking my music collection – the SMASHING PUMPKINS section isn’t too detailed because I just use spfreaks for that.

Here’s mine anyways: http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/voidhanger

Arthur
      Spectator

Here’s mine anyways: http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/voidhanger[/quote:dcvis0s4]
      I get a grin browsing that list… :)

Just the first few cds as an example, the title of the record and the label…

"Blood Bath In The Acid – Headache Records"
      "Never-ending Black Torrent Of Death – Todestrieb Records"
      "Sacraments Of The Final Atrocity – Morbid Wrath"
      "Ultimate Unholy Death – Nuclear War Now! Productions"

I wished I lived a little nearer, so I could visit you, and you might be so kind maybe, to let me have a listen to all of this… A visit of 1.5 week would do, I hope? :wink: No seriously, that is an almighty collection, my friend. Be proud of it, and enjoy! 8)

Voidhanger
      Spectator

Here’s mine anyways: http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/voidhanger[/quote:2liydi6d]
      I get a grin browsing that list… :)

Just the first few cds as an example, the title of the record and the label…

"Blood Bath In The Acid – Headache Records"
      "Never-ending Black Torrent Of Death – Todestrieb Records"
      "Sacraments Of The Final Atrocity – Morbid Wrath"
      "Ultimate Unholy Death – Nuclear War Now! Productions"

I wished I lived a little nearer, so I could visit you, and you might be so kind maybe, to let me have a listen to all of this… A visit of 1.5 week would do, I hope? :wink: No seriously, that is an almighty collection, my friend. Be proud of it, and enjoy! 8)[/quote:2liydi6d]

One of my favourites is the CD where one half is by a band called GOAT SEMEN and the other half by ANAL VOMIT. It doesn’t get any classier than that. But never mind the titles, you should see the album covers, haha.

If there’s anything in particular you want to hear let me know, I have all of it ripped and uploading it for you would only take a minute.

Arthur
      Spectator

Cool, thanks. Let me recheck the list.

Voidhanger
      Spectator

Go for it!

Arthur
      Spectator

Please tell me this is not only classy, but also good, and worthwhile a listen! :lol:

Abigail (Jpn)/Ironfirst (Sgp)/Deiphago (Phl) – Holocaustik Metal Sexxxekution Whoreslaughters

I remember a documentary on Dutch tv of a year ago, or a little more, and it was about young metal bands from places where one wouldn’t expect to find them. So they came from Russia, China, Japan, and some other country… Kosova I believe. The Chinese or Japanese (sorry, can’t remember) metal band was very good! So I’m curious to see what is metal today in Japan, Singapore and Philippines… :)

And since I’m very fond of French rock bands (Noir Desir, for example) I want to try Amaka Hahina (Fra) – Aheah Saergathan! also…

Thanks! 8)

Voidhanger
      Spectator

Please tell me this is not only classy, but also good, and worthwhile a listen! :lol:

Abigail (Jpn)/Ironfirst (Sgp)/Deiphago (Phl) – Holocaustik Metal Sexxxekution Whoreslaughters

I remember a documentary on Dutch tv of a year ago, or a little more, and it was about young metal bands from places where one wouldn’t expect to find them. So they came from Russia, China, Japan, and some other country… Kosova I believe. The Chinese or Japanese (sorry, can’t remember) metal band was very good! So I’m curious to see what is metal today in Japan, Singapore and Philippines… :)

And since I’m very fond of French rock bands (Noir Desir, for example) I want to try Amaka Hahina (Fra) – Aheah Saergathan! also…

Thanks! 8)[/quote:3epu2jb3]

You have some bad luck – the ABIGAIL/IRONFIST/DEIPHAGO split CD is the one out of my entire collection that my computer won’t read properly. I sent you a message with a link to ABIGAIL and some other southeast Asian bands.

The Southeast Asian scene is musically very violent – many bands had a chaotic, raw sound in the late eighties/early nineties that continues through to today. It’s always been a very dirty-sounding style of music coming from there, bands like ABHORER, PROFANCER, etc.

Japanese black and death metal bands are a bit more "normal." ABIGAIL are particularly thrashy and a good rocking time.

French bands can be fantastic – they have a unique perspective on black metal. They often have a nostalgic and melancholic sound to them that isn’t quite reproduced anywhere else. Then there are very strange bands from the Black Legions.

Arthur
      Spectator

You send me some fine treats, that’s for sure, Voidhanger. I just love the spooky ambient black metal sounds of Amaka Hahina! I see myself running in a medieval church, playing this very loud on a huge stereo, and get a good adrenaline kick of it. 8) I’ll try to listen to that other bands very soon. Thanks, man!

Are you from France, Voidhanger? I thought you are from Canada… :?

And with all that metal stuffs on your list, how did you get into Smashing Pumpkins, and eventually here on a Smashing Pumpkins forum? :lol:

Voidhanger
      Spectator

My family and I live in Canada, but we’re originally from France.

I was actually listening to the SMASHING PUMPKINS long before black and death metal. They were one of the first bands I liked. I started off listening to rock. I always liked the heavier bands like SP and ALICE IN CHAINS, and my taste in music kept getting heavier and heavier until I found my niche in black and death metal, but I never stopped listening to SP – they have a timeless feel to them that transcends so many genres and emotions. Their music has helped me through some more difficult times that, for whatever reason, the music of other bands couldn’t help me with. So they’ll always be my favourite band on a musical and emotional level.

Arthur
      Spectator

We could have been brothers… :wink:

Viewing 11 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.