Viewing 62 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

Took this from blamo because I think it’s an interesting thread. I was curious of the opinions over here as well.

Just to note, this doesn’t mean you dislike the song, just asking for songs that you know most other people just love that don’t grab as much as it does them.

For me, as I noted in the blamo thread. Spiteface and Age of Innocence. Good songs, but I just don’t see anything special about either.

And, again as I said in the other thread. Here are some songs that I love, a lot of people seem to meh over.. With You, Window Paine, Plume, Here is No Why, Tear, With Every Light.

amnesia
      Spectator

I dont think i dislike any SP songs at all, but there are a few thats not really special to me like Bullet with Butterfly Wings (Probo heard that song to way many times) and Translucent , French Movie Theme.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I dont think i dislike any SP songs at all, but there are a few thats not really special to me like Bullet with Butterfly Wings [/quote:2tdb8gb7]

what :shock: that song kicks ass.

sad :cry:

i’m not sure anyone is a big French Movie Theme fan though- Bonjour :P – its werid :wink:

i’m not big on Muzzle or Here Is No Why or Drown.

amnesia
      Spectator

i’m not big on Muzzle or Here Is No Why or Drown.[/quote:3ib784kl]

Thats great songs,all 3 of them :D :wink:

I just heard Bullet with Butterfly Wings to way to many times i think

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m not big on Muzzle or Here Is No Why or Drown.[/quote:374n1hdk]

Thats great songs,all 3 of them :D :wink:[/quote:374n1hdk]

they have just never really appealed to me. i find them to be boring.

amnesia
      Spectator

i’m not big on Muzzle or Here Is No Why or Drown.[/quote:3717qe9h]

Thats great songs,all 3 of them :D :wink:[/quote:3717qe9h]

they have just never really appealed to me. i find them to be boring.[/quote:3717qe9h]

Fair enough :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

see those are boring while BWBW kicks ass :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETQYXejrZ0[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

evidently it kicked ass twice :lol: double post

amnesia
      Spectator

see those are boring while BWBW kicks ass :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETQYXejrZ0[/youtube][/quote:2epdlbt6]

Boring.Heard the first 2 min,then i changed it to Doomsday Clock, the AOL version :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

seriously?

\"THE WORLD IS A VAMPIRE …\" i could never turn that off :P

amnesia
      Spectator

seriously?

"THE WORLD IS A VAMPIRE …" i could never turn that off :P[/quote:3szx64l3]

Yip.What can i say.I find the song ok,but ivé heard that song so many million billion trillion times,i just got bored of it in the end.

blueczarina
      Spectator

seriously?

"THE WORLD IS A VAMPIRE …" i could never turn that off :P[/quote:3g4vfu1z]

Yip.What can i say.I find the song ok,but ivé heard that song so many million billion trillion times,i just got bored of it in the end.[/quote:3g4vfu1z]

fair enough. i guess i just never get sick of it.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

A lot on MCIS, I find extremely boring. BWBW, XYU, Set the Ray to Jerry. Used to get a kick out of em, but not so much anymore.

More recent stuff is the entire second half of Zeitgeist. Can’t really get into anything past United States. Honestly, I think it’s pretty much terrible.

Some songs that I really really like that others probably don’t as much are Apathy’s Last Kiss, Pulseczar, The Everlasting Gaze, Age of Innocence, Untitled, Real Love, and My Mistake.

blueczarina
      Spectator

More recent stuff is the entire second half of Zeitgeist. Can’t really get into anything past United States. Honestly, I think it’s pretty much terrible.

Some songs that I really really like that others probably don’t as much are Apathy’s Last Kiss, Pulseczar, The Everlasting Gaze, Age of Innocence, Untitled, Real Love, and My Mistake.[/quote:190hh4ig]

i feel the exact same way about Zeitgeist. i rarely listen to the last half.

i love My Mistake, The Everlasting Gaze, Untitled, and Real Love too. not sure about the others although i don’t hate them.

annie-dog

i really am not a fan of that song

all the others i like.

amnesia
      Spectator

Some songs that I really really like that others probably don’t as much are Apathy’s Last Kiss, Pulseczar, The Everlasting Gaze, Age of Innocence, Untitled, Real Love, and My Mistake.
      [/quote:1vfc19b9]

All those you mentioned are really really great songs. Especially Real Love and My Mistake, i love them

Anonymous
      Spectator

i’m pathetic…I like em all..well except a few get annoying, BWBW-Today-SD cd to an extent..some MCIS, I was listening to my Ipod and ended up skipping through 1/2 of MCIS to get to the new stuff and the Iowa show.
      I did stop it for Ruby though

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i really love shame right now, and i am over bullet and today.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I also am loving eye especially after seeing it live-so kick ass!

i have always loved that song, i got the lost highway soundtrack just because of that song.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I’ve never been crazy about Porcelina, I dunno, it just never did much for me.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve never been crazy about Porcelina, I dunno, it just never did much for me.[/quote:15cmvy8x]

Agreed.

amnesia
      Spectator

I’ve never been crazy about Porcelina, I dunno, it just never did much for me.[/quote:16gtjbdy]

Agreed.[/quote:16gtjbdy]

Buuhhh. Thats the best track on MCIS :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

Porcelina is a girlyish tune, however my Pisces son likes it…Billy is a Pisces…so it must be a Pisces and girly thing..lol

porcelina is a great tune, i want it played at my funeral, with other songs too. but that song is in my top 10.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’ve never been crazy about Porcelina, I dunno, it just never did much for me.[/quote:20kqi5ow]

Agreed.[/quote:20kqi5ow]

also agreed

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Cherub rock/Today/Bullet……….Over played syndrome.

Annie-dog,i cannot stand.Won’t go into it,though.

Shame. Just dont get it.

Glass and the ghost/Crying tree/Blue skies…….ruins the album flow.(a bit self indulgent,i think).

7shades(almost sounds nu-metal)/Bleeding the orchid/For God and country.Just don’t get it.

There are other songs i dont love,but they dont bother me and i know i’ll probably love them at some point.

Marcella
      Spectator

I like Porcelina, but it doesn’t do much for me either. Same with BWBW, overplayed syndrome.

Everyone seemed to like Perfect but I don’t find it so special either.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i don’t think Perfect is that special either.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

lol, i don’t like perfect either.

amnesia
      Spectator

Perfect is so great.yet so many dont like it :?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

First time i heard it,i just thought\"2nd rate 1979\".

I was so critical of Adore when i first heard it.It nearly made me cry.Although, i ended up loving perfect.

blueczarina
      Spectator

First time i heard it,i just thought"2nd rate 1979".[/quote:1zml3j5q]

i still think that.

i like the remixes of perfect. but i do like electronica/techno/dance music, so that might be why.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i never liked the remixes either, although i do like electronica. i guess the song just bores me.

oh you.

i like the song, i like the remixes

i am sticking with just annie-dog, i don’t like that song at all, probably the only one i don’t like really. i am not partial to some like the crying tree, and glass and the ghost children, but i will still listen to them, i always skip annie-dog.

blueczarina
      Spectator

not being all contrary, (maybe a little bit :wink: ) but i love all of those. :P

contrary mary that is what you are.

but i am in a shitty mood. so hey whatev.

my arm hurts.

blueczarina
      Spectator

ooh, i hope your arm gets better and your mood too.

i don’t know why it hurts, my wrist really hurts, so typing probably is not helping it, but it is helping my mood, cause i told everyone to leave me the hell alone. and now onix came in and wants to love on me while i type.

oh no thread derailed, blue and bullet strike again.

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh no thread derailed, blue and bullet strike again.[/quote:2qbaut0f]

bluebullet always strikes again :lol: and thats how we got our own section :wink:

niteshyft
      Spectator

All about the Bullet Train to Osaka!

Thread .. rerailed?

I agree about Perfect, great song that people tend to sigh since it’s single it seems, or call it 1979 pt 2 because of the video.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

All about the Bullet Train to Osaka!

Thread .. rerailed?

I agree about Perfect, great song that people tend to sigh since it’s single it seems, or call it 1979 pt 2 because of the video.[/quote:9zdjg0t3]

I thought that when i listened to the album the first time,before the video was out.

The reason the video was made in the vain of 1979 was because so many people said that it reminded them of the song.Billy mentions it on the great hits dvd,i’m sure.

he does, i watched it today.

Danni
      Spectator

Zero just don’t cut it for me. I don’t like that one at all!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i LOVE Zero! its the song that hooked me on the pumpkins. :P

i love zero too!

it’s hard for me to say which songs i don’t like… i like them all.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, i’m over zero too.

i really like FOL. i’m glad this is the latest, it gives me hope.

NOW RELEASE A FUCKING SINGLE GODDAMNIT

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah, i’m over zero too.

i really like FOL. i’m glad this is the latest, it gives me hope.

NOW RELEASE A FUCKING SINGLE GODDAMNIT[/quote:2b5f62zg]
      Yes!! there are some who are over that song :D
      count me in that group too.
      Agreed release an actual single that is not free this time ;)
      ( I like free, BUT we want a single)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i really like the live version of zero on the exit mellon collie boot. its fuckin angry and has some extended parts i had never heard them do before

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s actually the Zero’s and BWBW’s i listen to most- the kick ass live versions. they get more play then the MCIS album versions as of late on the pod. i like to listen to the live variations and hear the Billy rage.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

multiple different live versions rule

blueczarina
      Spectator

i agree. sometimes i listen to several versions of the same song in a row. 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

thats good times! ive done it with xyu

blueczarina
      Spectator

me too!

Anonymous
      Spectator

I like the live version of the Zero when Billy screams ‘God is empty just like you’

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like that too :twisted:

toad32r
      Spectator

Sad to say, for a while, i couldn’t listen to Disarm anymore. A few months after its release as a single, i had my fill. That was long ago, and now i listen to it, just one of those things i guess…lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m sick of FOL for some reason. i don’t know why though. i still like it, but i think it was just everywhere and i got sick of it.

Anonymous
      Spectator

i’m sick of FOL for some reason. i don’t know why though. i still like it, but i think it was just everywhere and i got sick of it.[/quote:sjue0khu]

:shock:
      "Surely this has pissed Billy Corgan off somehow"

blueczarina
      Spectator

i still like the song- i promise angry Billy emoticon. :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

Yeah, whats wrong with you Blue, FOL kicks ass :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t know :lol:

Viewing 62 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.