Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Superlordspamulon
      Spectator

not really (well maybe), but i guess now they are introducing a new web browser.

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/fe … mpaign=en#

i know some of you freakies are real into computer stuff. i personally just like my computer to not crash on me. :wink:

i know its brand spankin’ new, but what do you think? :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m not even going to bother jinxing myself to click on that link and have my pc crash on me :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s actually just an informational site that google has about, so its safe Reggae. :wink:

i’m not going to download it though. i’m rather liking Firefox right now. :wink: it seems to works loads better than IE.

I’ve tried chrome.

It’s alright. It’s VERY lightweight, which is a good thing, and the combination of running each tab as a seperate process and the built task manager is VERY good because you can see what webpages/applications are eating your resources. And the way it’s designed gives you lots of screenspace for the page.

But the interface is ugly, impossible to customize easily and just plain difficult to use. I really find having a button to toggle a bookmark sidebar on and off unbelievably useful – a feature Chrome has neglected.

Also, I love my FF set-up (appearance, layout, add-ons) too much to give it up, especially considering that I can’t replicate any of it in Chrome.

But it is in beta, which means that it is most likely going to be improved.

Oh, and it runs a background application that checks for updates every 25 hours, whether you are running Chrome or not, which is AWFUL. Adobe does this, and it is so intrusive and annoying. FF checks for updates when you run it only, which is the way it should be done.

blueczarina
      Spectator

interesting

i must admit i thought it looked a bit ugly from the pics. i do think firefox looks neater and i like how you can customize it.

well thanks superlord for giving the compare and contrast for us, now i don’t have to, and i value your opinion on such matters, so i will not be trying this new stuff out.

Anonymous
      Spectator

that’s actually just an informational site that google has about, so its safe Reggae. :wink:

i’m not going to download it though. i’m rather liking Firefox right now. :wink: it seems to works loads better than IE.[/quote:2axeon7j]

well with my luck it would screw up my pc :lol:

Also, I forgot to mention, Chrome features an ‘incognito’ mode – meaning that, when you turn it on, no information is stored, sent or otherwise tracked about which websites you visit. Complete privacy (although the websites you visit will be able to tell you visited it.)

Viewing 7 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.