Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

marigold
      Spectator

I’m proud to announce a new business that I started for (semi) professional bands. Not only for bands, also for solo artists and orchestras that are touring and releasing music. We are looking for a limited number of customers that are willing to participate in a pilot programme that will start in October.

During the programme you will test our first product: an online template that will create a professional website for you within minutes. On this website you can blog your news and press releases, set up your band and bandmembers bios, present your releases and concerts and plug to the places where they are for sale, link to your merch shop that you might have, and more.

There are no costs involved, and you will end up with a pro website, tailored to your needs. We expect some feedback of course, and cooperation with material for whitepapers and instruction handouts.

Interested? Please drop me a line at spfreaks@gmail.com with band name and country, and you’ll get more information. Talk soon! :)

marigold
      Spectator

what about site hosting and domain name costs?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

sounds cool arthur. i don’t currently have a band, but i do know a few that i could send your way. i’ll be in touch.

Arthur
      Spectator

what about site hosting and domain name costs?[/quote:2oll2ioo]
      Hosting and (temp) domain name is on us, now and in future. If the band owns a domain name already, a transfer is easily arranged during or after the pilot programme, at actual costs.

Arthur
      Spectator

sounds cool arthur. i don’t currently have a band, but i do know a few that i could send your way. i’ll be in touch.[/quote:3s3id03y]
      Awesome! There is interest shown from Bonaire, Wales, The Netherlands and Malaysia, but still a few spots to give away (around five). Let me know. :)

marigold
      Spectator

I’ve sent at least one – look forward to seeing these websites! 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

I’ve sent at least one – look forward to seeing these websites! 8)[/quote:2f2up4n4]
      Bands from New Zealand? That would be pretty awesome. :)

is this it? http://myband.is/

Arthur
      Spectator

No, they are from Columbia. Funny I never noticed them, it’s (almost) the same concept under (almost) the same name. I have to check that out a little more for copyright issues, thanks for pointing this out Bram! :roll:

marigold
      Spectator

that sucks ^^ – collective consciousness? :?

I’ve sent at least one – look forward to seeing these websites! 8)[/quote:1zkatcvu]
      Bands from New Zealand? That would be pretty awesome. :)[/quote:1zkatcvu]

They’re from the US, and quite new. Would be cool if they had a website set up to promote themselves more.

Arthur
      Spectator

Would that be Zac from My Fair Fiend? That’s so far the first (and only) US band that contacted me.

marigold
      Spectator

Yes! I asked someone else but don’t know if their band will get around to it…

Arthur
      Spectator

I have to check that out a little more for copyright issues[/quote:2ubgoegs]
      No issues here. MyBand Solutions is the name of the business I started, but the concept has a different name. And in many important details it’s very different from what they are doing. However, hats off to them!

And we just had a band from Malaysia* joining the programme, how cool is that? 8)

*No, my wife, who is from Malaysia, had absolutely nothing to do with it lol!

I have to check that out a little more for copyright issues[/quote:3rzihksd]
      No issues here. MyBand Solutions is the name of the business I started, but the concept has a different name. And in many important details it’s very different from what they are doing.[/quote:3rzihksd]
      phew!

marigold
      Spectator

yay! :)

Viewing 14 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.