Viewing 45 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

So far we missed out on Smashing Pumpkins tribute cds on SPfreaks. As there are quite a few out there we thought we should have this category anyway. The first entry is from a Polish contributor that goes by the name Bartosz. Thanks Bartosz!

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2038

If any of you collects these type of cds, scan them and bring ’em in! You know where to find us! :wink:

Happy New Year everybody! :D

Does this category count for a compilation CD of covers, one of which is a SP cover?

Because i’ve got one of those…

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Does this category count for a compilation CD of covers, one of which is a SP cover?

Because i’ve got one of those…[/quote:3vafwi0v]
      Yup.

Submitting it shortly… :)

Ok, i’ve e-mailed it in.

For those of you who are impatient to see who covered what by SP, i shall reveal; Madina Lake covered Today. It’s actually quite an interesting cover. I’ll upload a .wma of it if anyone wants… (i use wma files, not mp3, when i’m ripping Cd’s as it’s about the same quality but smaller file size :) )

*edit* here’s the wma. Judge for yourselves :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/80516162/07_Today.wma.html

yeah not bad superlord, thnx! i was never into those sp covers but pumpkins did themselves too so why not huh

Arthur
      Spectator

Here you go Superlordspamulon! :D

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2047

And you are right, it’s not a bad cover by Madina Lake! I played it several times while uploading your entry. Cool. This is the band (which will be touring France, Germany and UK this month, starting 2008/01/09, check their website!):

Fez
      Spectator

Hello SPfreaks !

I am Bart from Poland who scanned Rockabye Baby […] :).
      I also do not like tributes and will never buy any more, but this one I posted is actually great ! There are no vocals ( = no dumb ass trying to sing like Billy), everything is instrumental; you may actually play it for your little baby for goodnight !

hi fez dotn take it personal you know… im sure you dont right? that today cover of superlord is really not bad!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Some woman in Japan covered Today as well for a Final Fantasy game (12?) Anyway, half is English half is Japanese. I was bummed when I got it, as I just thought it was Today on the game, but it’s not too bad. Definitely has a different mood to it.

There’s also that MySpace Tribute CD.

and Act IV? Bram may know more about this. Fan created I think.

Fez
      Spectator

Hmmm… maybe youre right, I shouldnt say that. One day, I`m sure I will play some pumpkins song with my own band and what then ? I will be one of fools I was talking about and I do not want to be a fool :P.
      Howewer, honesly I don`t like that Today cover…
      But respect your opinion, of course !
      :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Snippets.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTa1NIwZEM[/youtube]

Some woman in Japan covered Today as well for a Final Fantasy game (12?) Anyway, half is English half is Japanese. I was bummed when I got it, as I just thought it was Today on the game, but it’s not too bad. Definitely has a different mood to it.[/quote:1wusxvlt]

I DOUBT it was 12. I’ve got that, played it to death. I would DEFINITELY have noticed it – i even downloaded the OST, and at no point was there any form of Today.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Some woman in Japan covered Today as well for a Final Fantasy game (12?) Anyway, half is English half is Japanese. I was bummed when I got it, as I just thought it was Today on the game, but it’s not too bad. Definitely has a different mood to it.[/quote:3c95qulc]

I DOUBT it was 12. I’ve got that, played it to death. I would DEFINITELY have noticed it – i even downloaded the OST, and at no point was there any form of Today.[/quote:3c95qulc]

Yeah you could be right. Roman numerals tend to elude me. As does Roman history, and the polytheology therein. Basically anything Roman is Greek to me.

Yeah you could be right. Roman numerals tend to elude me. As does Roman history, and the polytheology therein. Basically anything Roman is Greek to me.[/quote:3g6zr3xi]

Ok then. Do you still have it? Could you then type up the roman numerals or something, because i’m VERY interested. I’m a huge Final Fantasy fan :D

i have the myspace tribute one, it is alright, i didn’t see any pics of it on here, want me to scan one in and send it?

Arthur
      Spectator

i have the myspace tribute one, it is alright, i didn’t see any pics of it on here, want me to scan one in and send it?[/quote:hfi31r8g]
      Yup!

ok, give me a few and i will scan it in and send it, should i send it to the same address as before?

blueczarina
      Spectator

Isn’t there a Zeitgeist outtake on the Myspace tribute by Matt Walker’s band? I thought I heard there was, but I haven’t heard the song yet.

ok, i am sending it in now, but no not zeietgiest, it is signal to noise. i have the artical that goes with it, but it may already be packed i don’t know, i have been tearing apart pakcked boxes looking for it, i hate it when i can’t find what i am looking for.

blueczarina
      Spectator

should have clarified. i heard the song was one of the tracks Billy didn’t put out with the album, but let Walker use.

yes that is correct, it says on the cd, previously unrelesed. it was done by most dangerous race. that is ok about the phrasing, i am always misprashing things, along with misspelling them too.

(ooo don’t kick me off, i will learn how to spell one of these days)

blueczarina
      Spectator

:lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yeah you could be right. Roman numerals tend to elude me. As does Roman history, and the polytheology therein. Basically anything Roman is Greek to me.[/quote:32u3m0j8]

Ok then. Do you still have it? Could you then type up the roman numerals or something, because i’m VERY interested. I’m a huge Final Fantasy fan :D[/quote:32u3m0j8]

Sure, I’ll hunt it down when I get home again. I AM NEVER FUCKING HOME! EVER!

Snippets.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTa1NIwZEM[/youtube][/quote:2opw994k]

They’ve also done a Christmas compilation with ‘Christmastime’ :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yeah you could be right. Roman numerals tend to elude me. As does Roman history, and the polytheology therein. Basically anything Roman is Greek to me.[/quote:25euq2k3]

Ok then. Do you still have it? Could you then type up the roman numerals or something, because i’m VERY interested. I’m a huge Final Fantasy fan :D[/quote:25euq2k3]

found a link to the CD in eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FINAL-FANTASY-XII-P … dZViewItem

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I have a couple of SP tribute albums :
      Rockabye Baby Lullaby Renditions
      Myspace triute to..
      Gothic/Industrial tribute to..
      String Quartet Tribute to..

I like the lullaby renditions and string quartet the most (they’re both instrumental).
      The string tribute also has an original composition by the group inspired by the Pumpkins \"The Prize goes to the ghost children\".

I also have \"Takes\" by Adem, which is an album of cover songs of various artist’s (including PJ Harvey, Bjork & Aphex Twin) which features a cover of \"Starla\", I think it is quite possibly the greatest Pumpkins cover I have ever heard :)
      Really does the original justice, without resorting to it being a kareoke(sp?) version.

found a link to the CD in eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FINAL-FANTASY-XII-P … dZViewItem[/quote:1sumedzq]

Cool.

You mentioned that you have the CD – would you mind ripping and uploading it for me? I’m very interested but alas, not in a position to get it on ebay :( (something to do with being too young to have a credit card or something :lol: )

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I just bought it for ya. PM me you addy, and I’ll send it your way! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

I have a couple of SP tribute albums :
      Rockabye Baby Lullaby Renditions
      Myspace triute to..
      Gothic/Industrial tribute to..
      String Quartet Tribute to..

I like the lullaby renditions and string quartet the most (they’re both instrumental).
      The string tribute also has an original composition by the group inspired by the Pumpkins "The Prize goes to the ghost children".

I also have "Takes" by Adem, which is an album of cover songs of various artist’s (including PJ Harvey, Bjork & Aphex Twin) which features a cover of "Starla", I think it is quite possibly the greatest Pumpkins cover I have ever heard :)
      Really does the original justice, without resorting to it being a kareoke(sp?) version.[/quote:94102cvq]
      Can we have scans of almost all of that? I mean the jewelcase (front & back), and a scan of the cd, for uploading on SPfreaks.com? Rockabye is there already if I’m right, I just received the MySpace cd scan (wasn’t there a cardsleeve promo too?) but the rest is missing I’m afraid. Well, see what you can do, whenever you feel like it. :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yes, there was a cardsleeve promo as well. Came w/ exact same CD, but a rather cool cardsleeve that incorporates the SP logo into mySPace. Pretty neat.

mine didn’t have that, but i got it off of ebay, do you have the card sleeve? i was trying to find the artical that went along with it. but i am in the middle of packing. so it is not easy for me to find it right now. i have been looking through boxes though, counter productive, i know, but i hate it when i can’t find stuff.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

If you got the CD out of the magazine, it didn’t come w/ the sleeve. The sleeve was a promotional only item (same as one in magazine), but I guess it was sent to radio stations? Not sure, but I know it didn’t come w/ the original magazine.

ohh, that’s why then. thanks! :)

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Scans of the gothic/industrial & string tributes coming soon to an spfreaks.com near you soon! :P

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

The gothic ones case isn’t in the greatest of conditions, but it’s actually how I found it (at the bottom of one of those \"bargain bins\")
      Gothic/Industrial Tribute to
      (I decided it was better to seperate the pic of the inlay so you could read what it says better.)
      Front
      String Tribute
      Front

Arthur
      Spectator

Nice job! Also that ticket! Will be uploaded next weekend! :D

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I have 2 t-shirts I don’t see in the collection too, not sure where to put up the pics in here though, maybe the collection post?
      (I can only put up pics of one of them tonight though)

Arthur
      Spectator

I have 2 t-shirts I don’t see in the collection too, not sure where to put up the pics in here though, maybe the collection post?
      (I can only put up pics of one of them tonight though)[/quote:1nc5ug5c]
      There’s an email address in the footer. Or click "Contact" on top. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Cult Hero, as a starter I just uploaded both tribute cds.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2354

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2355

Working on the rest of your stuff (but the forum is getting more busy also… :lol: )

Arthur
      Spectator

All known tribute and karaoke cds with Pumpkins songs on it are uploaded. I used pics from eBay, Amazon, SPFC and of course the stuff you guys brought in lately. Nice work! Check all 17 (so far) of them out here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … DEX&cat=37

For some reason 2 of them tribute albums intrigue me. SPFC states they are released on exactly the same date (?) and there is not much info found online, I’m afraid. If any of you can tell us more, or even provide better pics/scans, would be highly appreciated! I mean these 2:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=2451
      (\"Shot Full Of Diamonds\" on the Blood Loss Alliance label)

And

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=2452
      (\"The Killer In You\" on the Law Of Inertia label)

blueczarina
      Spectator

I had never really heard any of the tribute albums before, but the other day I sampled most of them on a download site and I have to say I was mosty unimpressed. The instrumental ones are better like the String Tribute, but the ones with the other bands were not that great. Of course part of it is that I can’t imagine hearing the songs by someone else, but the interpretations were mostly kind of weak. I think the only Pumpkin cover I’ve heard and liked was Amy Lee of Evanescence covering Zero. Its a bit different, but its pretty good. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

I think the only Pumpkin cover I’ve heard and liked was Amy Lee of Evanescence covering Zero. Its a bit different, but its pretty good. :wink:[/quote:xjm6ok95]
      Is that on a release, so we should put it on SPfreaks? If so, can you provide scans or so?

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I have a live bootleg of it I can upload if someone wants it, I actually don’t like their version of it, but then I’m not a fan of them either, so maybe that’s why, I liked the Gliss cover on the myspace tribute, and there was one on the gothic/industrial I liked but can’t remember which.
      But in general : yeah I prefer the instrumental tributes more.

blueczarina
      Spectator

It came off of a release called Fallen Angel. It mostly has her songs, but she also covers Zero and Heartshaped Box- both live. It was released in 2004, but I think it was just a digital release and maybe even a bootleg. I’ve only found it for download on Eastern European dowload sites, which do carry bootlegged material (including Pumpkins). So there really isn’t anything to scan and its not on any officially discography for her band, so I think it is bootleg.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I like Evanescence personally. The cover does’nt come close to the original, but I think its an improvement on the stuff on the SP tribute CDs. Those CDs are not the greatest. :wink:

Viewing 45 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.