Viewing 68 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

i didn’t remember if we had a thread for this one and if we did i couldn’t find it. :wink:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_5221

new news though- it may have a CD with it like Vieuphoria/ Earphoria. and from the pic it may have some studio recordings of new stuff/ residency songs instead of all live. :)

i’m so excited, yay. :D

i like that pic, looks like it will be great.

i hope that they have a soundtrack to it, cause i would love love love to have both.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i know. i would love both too. :)

i would love both for a metro dvd as well. :wink:

Marcella
      Spectator

I looove the pic as well, I’m totally digging the rugs.

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah me too, what a cool setting to play!

Anonymous
      Spectator

I love the rug look!
      I am getting excited for this! So much news lately.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

oh yeah…can’t wait!!

Marcella
      Spectator

AHHH! I CAN’T WAIT!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

about a year ago this month, my friend was telling me that the pumpkins were going to be using the recording studio where he worked as an intern in hollywood. i said \"no way. they just came out with an album this past summer, how could they already be working on new material?\" he said they were going to be working on live material already recorded. so i figured that live material he was referring to had been from the recent residency shows. i also remember a while back billy saying that they were going to release gossamer some how, maybe as a b side in the future. and with this news, it seems like its all coming together. i hope this means were going to finally get gossamer released on cd.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i would like to see Gossamer too. :wink:

i am so preordering that this weekend.

blueczarina
      Spectator

heck yeah :P me too bullet

Anonymous
      Spectator

me 3…I have to get this…

Anonymous
      Spectator

I sure as gosh-darn hell needed some good news and this is it. :)

My Mother’s going to order one when it’s released as my Xmas present. :D

Presumably G.L.O.W. will be released on-disc around the same-ish time. :?:

blueczarina
      Spectator

good thought Dazey- my birthday is in November- maybe i should make my mom get it. :)

my b-day is in november too. so i am getting it as a b-day gift to myself, cause no one else would get it for me.

Anonymous
      Spectator

well damn..maybe I should have my mom by it for me as an early b-day gift..mine’s not til Decemeber

blueczarina
      Spectator

woohoo- pumpkin birthday presents :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

Just a note that Arthur’s birthday falls on 14th December. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

its official and pretty awesome looking tracklisting too- all the new stuffs. now if we get a soundtrack i will be super happy. :D

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_9898

Marcella
      Spectator

THAT COVER IS AWESOME.

Sorry for my caps abuse XD.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, its pretty different. i was kind of like whoa :shock: when i first saw it, but i think the more i look at it its pretty cool looking. i like the colors and the face. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

it kind of reminds me of Gustav Klimt in a way. i think its mostly the flesh tones though.

Nachtkabarett
      Spectator

I would probably pay five times as much as they’re charging, just for Gossamer :p

Lucky 13, Gossamer, Heavy Metal Machine, The Rose March, and a shit load of previously unreleased songs?

Epic win.

Arthur
      Spectator

The artwork reminds me of this:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Swish poster and ironically isn’t Linda Strawberry’s favourite colour Pink?

It’ll be interesting to see who the Fans are in this release, maybe somebody who posts here is keeping quiet… For now. :idea:

What a great treat to wind down 2008, in any case, all I want to end 2008 with SP-wise now is a Gish Boxset announcement… Sigh, here’s to hoping: Ker-link.

-_-

i am not liking the artwork, i think it is the weird face with no real looking body or anything, strange, i don’t like it, the other stuff is ok, but that face creeps me out.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Arthur, it does have a similar vibe to that Floyd Poster.
      Um Dazey is it pink, because I see a lot of orange.
      I wish I could see this art up closer of Linda’s. Whatever is around the head, looks like it is messed up in an area. It’s alright, she has definitely done better.
      Looks like she used bingo dabbers on part of it…lol

Anonymous
      Spectator

Oh, I mean the pic above that A’s posted; ‘Pink’ Floyd. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

from sp.com

The Smashing Pumpkins documentary \"If All Goes Wrong\" has been accepted to The Ghent Film Festival as part of their official program.

\"If All Goes Wrong\" will be screened twice there on 10/17 at 8:15 PM and 10/18 at 8 PM as part of the EYE TUNES music documentary competition. If you are in Belgium, or anywhere near there, this is your chance to see the film on the big screen as an official entry in an international film festival.

The Ghent Film Festival is Belgium’s most prominent annual film event. It started in 1974 as a student’s film festival and has developed into one of Europe’s foremost film events. Recently Variety called the festival one of the 50 \"must attend fests\", and The Wall Street Journal catalogued it amongst the 5 European \"fest with character\"!

Every year in October it presents some 190 feature films and 100 shorts from all over the world in various sections to an audience of some 110,000 spectators. The festival is covered by the Benelux press and media and attracts attention from foreign press and professional industry. Its 35th edition is scheduled October 7th to 18th, 2008. Please read more on the festival’s websites: http://www.filmfestival.be and http://www.worldsoundtrackawards.com.
      [/quote:26g6xzx3]

and since i believe you are in and around Belgium, Ice Cream :wink: i expect a full report :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

and some Belgium ice cream :idea:
      lucky duckies :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

and some Belgium ice cream :idea:
      lucky duckies :P[/quote:2iulubap]

hehe, i meant our spfreaks member Cool As Ice Cream :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I should have noticed that comma next to Belgium before I posted :oops: , but still Belgium ice cream :) chocolate please :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

I should have noticed that comma next to Belgium before I posted :oops: , but still Belgium ice cream :) chocolate please :lol:[/quote:1jfmus5i]

hehe, no worries. i actually just put it in a moment ago. :wink:

i planned a trip to london that weekend, because my girlfriend leaves on a 6-week trip through south-america. bad timing, but this is slightly more important than seeing the documentary one month before everyone else.

i’m not the person to write long reports anyway.

i must add though, that if i wasn’t in london that weekend, i’d probably try to go see it both nights.

oh well. :(

blueczarina
      Spectator

that sucks, but i guess their will be a dvd

you guess?

i think that’s quite a good guess.

blueczarina
      Spectator

you guess?

i think that’s quite a good guess.[/quote:1bvqcn28]

too true :lol: :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Do we know if anyone from this site is going?

blueczarina
      Spectator

my guess is no, unless Arthur or Dazey or someone plan on making a special trip :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

my guess is no, unless Arthur or Dazey or someone plan on making a special trip :wink:[/quote:34rbpm9b]
      I’ll ask my girlfriend if we can go there. Gent is not that far away for us… No promises yet! But it would be cool to see it 1 month before it is available on the market, wouldn’t it? :wink:

those a-holes at amazon raised the price of the dvd, from 14.99 to 19.99, not much of a bargin now. iwas onna preorder on friday, and something happened and i couldn’t, then i went to preorder yesterday and the price went up. now i don’t know if i will order from them at all. boo on them.

blueczarina
      Spectator

well thats lame bullet. :?

i just hope its at Best Buy or something- in which case i will just buy it.

Pipoka
      Spectator

those a-holes at amazon raised the price of the dvd, from 14.99 to 19.99, not much of a bargin now. iwas onna preorder on friday, and something happened and i couldn’t, then i went to preorder yesterday and the price went up. now i don’t know if i will order from them at all. boo on them.[/quote:2mirwkx9]

pricey are the things here portugal… i’m not expecting to pay less then 30 euros for it, and that’s about 43.87 dolars…. :?

blueczarina
      Spectator

that sucks Pip. i hate exchange rates.

it’s not expensive just because of the exchange rate. 30 euros is a lot, no matter how many dollars that is worth. it’s probably because there aren’t that many stores that will have the dvd, so the ones who do can ask a bit more.

it’s not expensive just because of the exchange rate. 30 euros is a lot, no matter how many dollars that is worth. it’s probably because there aren’t that many stores that will have the dvd, so the ones who do can ask a bit more.[/quote:ib5bc0bk]

yeah, that is the part that sucks.

if arthur is coming to ghent, i will be very sad that i can’t be there.

Arthur
      Spectator

if arthur is coming to ghent, i will be very sad that i can’t be there.[/quote:39ei7qa1]
      Me too, since it is 99% sure that I’m going. My girlfriend might not want to go however, but she said I could go alone if I wanted. Maybe others like to join me? Sven, Jeroen, Milan, Lara and/or her boyfriend, Pomio or Thijs?

Anonymous
      Spectator

If I had ‘Hero’ powers I would fly on over in a heartbeat….
      damn this world… :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

mini trailer of If All goes Wrong…
      courtesy of HU fan reminding me that youtube always has what you are looking for :)
      it’s very short, but who cares…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnmRV79cWtM[/youtube]

Pipoka
      Spectator

thank you reggae !

:D

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice find :)

you can watch the original trailer here: http://tickets.filmfestival.be/tickets. … =1&lang=en

milan
      Spectator

OH MY GAWD!!!!

Arthur just asked me on a date. Looks like he’s gonna take me to the movies… Ofcourse I accepted :-) :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

We’re on! Hiha! 4 guys (Sven, Milan, Shannen and me) are going to see it! :lol:

Reservation number: 10954618
      Here you can find all the information concerning your reservation.
      The reservation number counts as confirmation for the correct receipt and execution of your order.

Ticket information
      Customer Arthur van Pelt
      Payment method Mastercard (Online)
      Number of tickets 4

Film Show Time Unit price Number Price
      IF ALL GOES WRONG – SMASHING PUMPKINS sat 18/10/’08 20:00 8.5 euro 4 34 euro
      Kunstencentrum Vooruit Gent Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 23 , 9000 Gent

:cry: i wish i could come and meet you all.

ghent is only 20 minutes away from bruges (where i live), and it’s one of my favourite cities too. i studied there for five years.

i’m going to ghent tomorrow.

Arthur
      Spectator

😥 i wish i could come and meet you all.[/quote:ddmuaic2]
      Same feelings here. You SHOULD have been there with us. :(

Anonymous
      Spectator

you can watch the original trailer here: http://tickets.filmfestival.be/tickets. … =1&lang=en[/quote:aqra6453]
      I tried and it didn’t work, apparently I can’t update my media player with their outdated version….

yeah, i just watched it over at hu, i could’t get it to work on mine either.

😥 i wish i could come and meet you all.[/quote:2wig5z8i]
      Same feelings here. You SHOULD have been there with us. :([/quote:2wig5z8i]
      :cry: :cry: :cry:
      i really want to meet you again, without having a heavy cold.
      and i’ve never met shannen, sven and milan.

CRAP!
      i don’t really mind not being able to see the documentary, but it’s a real shame that i won’t meet all of you.

i have to go to london though. i won’t see my girlfriend for 7 weeks after that weekend.

blueczarina
      Spectator

video postcards

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_10907

i guess there will be ten with clips from the dvd- really short ones.

Arthur
      Spectator

:cry: :cry: :cry:
      i really want to meet you again, without having a heavy cold.
      and i’ve never met shannen, sven and milan.

CRAP!
      i don’t really mind not being able to see the documentary, but it’s a real shame that i won’t meet all of you.

i have to go to london though. i won’t see my girlfriend for 7 weeks after that weekend.[/quote:2zyyfltm]
      Of course she is priority. Even the 4 of us AND the Smashing Pumpkins movie preview couldn’t beat her. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

video postcards

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_10907

i guess there will be ten with clips from the dvd- really short ones.[/quote:1efyxswg]
      I’m afraid these things don’t hype me up much… The dvd itself does however, so I don’t really need these snippet things called video postcards. Just my humble opinion, but I’m looking forward way more to the preview of the whole dvd in Gent with my girlfriend and 2 of the beloved SPfreaks fellows. Yeah! 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i agree. plus its so short. i mean who cares about 10 seconds of dvd. i want the real thing. :P

but I’m looking forward way more to the preview of the whole dvd in Gent[/quote:3mtwjpit]
      Do you think they will show the entire dvd or even both of them?
      I thought they would only show the documentary "If All Goes Wrong", and nothing else.

Anonymous
      Spectator

this is not a video post card, but a liittle something for you guys going to see it, to get you more excited :)
      I found it over at HU

http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smoki … -pumpk.php

Viewing 68 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.