Viewing 318 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

Hello SPfreaks!

We would like to extend to you our latest contest. With the upcoming 20th Anniversary! shows approaching later this year, we want to celebrate the band that has brought us so much joy over the past two decades. The contest will revolve around this central theme; 20 years of our favorite band, continuing to push forward with their unique brand of music. So what do you have to do?

– Design a concert poster for a 20th Anniversary! show
      – Design an accompanying flyer
      – Design 3 individual pin or iron-on badges and/or backstage passes
      – Design a bumper sticker
      – Design a celebration shirt
      – Create a setlist for the show, utilizing exactly 20 Smashing Pumpkins songs

That’s it! We realize this contest is larger than previous ones, so we have decided the submission timeframe will be a minimum of two months. All submissions will need to be sent or uploaded to SPfreaks by October 15th, 2008.

Why would you bother to do all this work? Well, we have determined the prize will be the equivalent of $500, in either Smashing Pumpkins memorabilia or cash equivalent. The prize is rather large (compared to previous efforts) as we want all submissions to be serious and their absolute best.

You may submit your designs by emailing them to the SPfreaks team at @spfreaks.com">spf-contact@spfreaks.com (if you are a guest, you will have to become a member). Your email address must be the same as used to register, or your submission will be rejected. Make sure to include your username with your submission. You may also send in hard copies to SPfreaks if you wish. Address available upon request.

Rules:

– You may not submit partial entries. All requirements above will need to be submitted as one entry, or package.
      – You may submit up to 3 times. Again, no partials. Each entry must contain all 6 elements listed above. Each entry must be distinct from another, with the only exception being the tracklist. (Please change the songs around at least).
      – The badges/backstage passes can utilize any combination. (3 of one kind, 1 of each, etc.)
      – You must create original artwork. You can use similar fonts, and similar album imagery, etc, but these cannot just be purely copy and paste; rather an interpretation of the artwork using your unique style. Also, please do not submit any other copyrighted imagery without providing appropriate documentation to support your right to do so.
      – To avoid pixelating if enlarged, the larger your files, the better. SPfreaks may consider reproducing one or more of the submissions.
      – Only Smashing Pumpkins songs will be allowed in the setlist. No solo or side project material.
      – By entering the contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, non-exclusive license to SPfreaks.com, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries in any media now or hereafter known. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
      – As above, the deadline for all submissions is October 15th, 2008.

The contest has officially started. Let’s show the Smashing Pumpkins the love and respect we all share for giving us so much more than music.

Arthur
      Spectator

Geezz! How nice to wake up and read this! Holy moly, 500 bucks! :lol:

I’m 1 of the judges, so I can’t compete anyway. Sux. :(

Am I allowed to be creative anyway and show it here?

i didn’t know we were alowed to post on here.

super cool contest, super cool prize, like the best ever.

Arthur
      Spectator

No, I guess everybody has to either email or send it in. But I’m sometimes in a creative mood too you know. Maybe I’m allowed to show off here. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

holy crap thats quite a contest. better get started. this will be fun. :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

this contest is great !
      let’s see if i have some time to think about something… i don’t have a good image software, i have to find something

but this is great! :D

Awesome!

I will get to work straight away :D

*edit* Are we allowed to submit multiple entries?

For anybody without decent image software, try . It’s free!

SPfreaks
      Spectator

You may submit up to 3 times. Remember, each entry has to contain all the elements, so if you’re up for it, we’ll take em!

There has been some confusion over the word badges. You can design little metal pin badges, or iron on cloth badges, and also backstage passes. Any combination will work. 3 of one kind, 1 of each, it’s up to you.

Also, the judging criteria will be kept private, but will be revealed at the time of judgement. We can tell you the judges will be 4 members of SPfreaks.com, and could potentially include more later as the contest progresses.

Any more questions, keep them coming!

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Please understand that no \"official\" entries shall be posted in this forum. Any such entries shall be removed from said competition and discarded.

However, SPfreaks members can participate in this thread by uploading any contributions they may have, as they are not allowed to officially participate in the competition.

Thanks and have fun!

Shannen
      Spectator

Questions:

1) Is there a specific size of artwork that we must meet for each element?

2) What’s the image format that we are allow to send?

SPfreaks
      Spectator

We will leave the sizing up to those participating, remembering as stated above:

If the image is too small, it probably will not be considered for replication in the future. Also, each member is responsible for submitting through email. If you have an original file that is too large, just condense it for the judging and hold on to your originals. We can always ask you for these later.

.jpg, .bmp, .pdf, .doc are all welcome. Any other extensions may prove impossible to open without standard software. Please submit accordingly.

hey, just wanted to see if the badges where a backstage pass or a button type thingy.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hey, just wanted to see if the badges where a backstage pass or a button type thingy.[/quote:2mnis51d]

hey bullet
      SPfreaks answered that a few posts up!! :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I won’t be entering as I’m Old School and would like to see a youngster take the prize. :)

Great competition, good luck, all.

\\m/

hey, just wanted to see if the badges where a backstage pass or a button type thingy.[/quote:msvp8iyj]

hey bullet
      SPfreaks answered that a few posts up!! :)[/quote:msvp8iyj]

oh, i didn’t see it, wasn’t all the way awake and not paying to good of attention.

amnesia
      Spectator

Yeah good luck all.I really wanna try to join this competition,but alas ,im so damn busy with my reallife work

i gots another question, what should the date be on the items, just make one up?

.jpg, .bmp, .pdf, .doc are all welcome. Any other extensions may prove impossible to open without standard software. Please submit accordingly.[/quote:2tot2wn1]

I assume .png will be allowed. If it can be opened in MSPaint, it’s pretty much standard. Plus, it’s a lossless format.

Also, anybody using .bmp should be shot. The quality is just as good in .png and .bmp are unnecessarily huge filesizes.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

.jpg, .bmp, .pdf, .doc are all welcome. Any other extensions may prove impossible to open without standard software. Please submit accordingly.[/quote:1wt98bml]

I assume .png will be allowed. If it can be opened in MSPaint, it’s pretty much standard. Plus, it’s a lossless format.

Also, anybody using .bmp should be shot. The quality is just as good in .png and .bmp are unnecessarily huge filesizes.[/quote:1wt98bml]

yes i agree. .bmp are ridiculous.

Anonymous
      Spectator

A small tip for you guys and guysesses that might be handy sometime:

Save any .bmp, .jpg, or .gif (whatever file extension) as a .jpg picture.

Next, right-click on the pic and ‘Open With’ into the Paint program.

Without doing anything else, just ‘Save’ again and you’ll see a noticeable difference in the pic’s file size now.

Sometimes much, much smaller… Very useful for new Avatars on forums, etc. :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

A small tip for you guys and guysesses that might be handy sometime:

Save any .bmp, .jpg, or .gif (whatever file extension) as a .jpg picture.

Next, right-click on the pic and ‘Open With’ into the Paint program.

Without doing anything else, just ‘Save’ again and you’ll see a noticeable difference in the pic’s file size now.

Sometimes much, much smaller… Very useful for new Avatars on forums, etc. :)[/quote:31jqle4y]

i do that too ;)

Marcella
      Spectator

Question:

By creating original artwork and not using copyrighted imagery, it means we can’t use band images or logos?

blueczarina
      Spectator

Question:

By creating original artwork and not using copyrighted imagery, it means we can’t use band images or logos?[/quote:2mzcl7n9]

that was what i was wondering too. ^

manillascissor
      Keymaster

arthur and i will contact the PMM and get back to you on this. if they give us permission to use those logos, then it should be fine.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i gots another question, what should the date be on the items, just make one up?[/quote:1k7nx0wj]

November 2008

You can make it more specific if you like.

blueczarina
      Spectator

arthur and i will contact the PMM and get back to you on this. if they give us permission to use those logos, then it should be fine.[/quote:2e6155ig]

oh, ok. i might wait to start until we hear back so i know what i can and cannot use. :wink:

i gots another question, what should the date be on the items, just make one up?[/quote:19swqkey]

November 2008

You can make it more specific if you like.[/quote:19swqkey]

kool and the gang.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Well I think I finished my poster. Now I just got a million others to do :)
      So it’s not a requirement to put fake dates up?
      And to clarify we just are doing images/designs or you can produce the real product right?
      gees so much pressure

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Well I think I finished my poster. Now I just got a million others to do :)
      So it’s not a requirement to put fake dates up?
      And to clarify we just are doing images/designs or you can produce the real product right?
      gees so much pressure[/quote:1z05ku8l]

yeah, images/designs. or you can make a real one and scan it in or send it in. we’d prefer everything to be digital, just wanted that option available.

and there is no guarantee that ANY designs will ever be reproduced in any fashion whatsoever, but the option is still there.

Anonymous
      Spectator

You know the backstage pass should have been separate
      and the pins,bumper sticker and iron on, should have been grouped together-oh well
      doesn’t matter really
      I’m ecstatic-I feel sick to my tummy because of my excitement level-weird

i am excited, but i am at a loss for ideas. my creativity has been zapped, i haven’t even worked on any of my stories lately. i think i might try drawing this evening, or maybe some photography this weekend, maybe that will jumpstart my mind.

i just want it to be great.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m still thinking on this one too. i’m going to have to get going on it though before school starts because after that i will have other art projects- ones that effect my grade. i’m just trying to think about what kind of imageray to use for a 20th anniversary type thing.

i know i am having a hard time with that too. i don’t know what to do.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i know.

i wonder if there is any word yet on using band images and logos.

i am still at a loss, even with those. i want to make something that will knock socks off.

Anonymous
      Spectator

knock socks off :)
      I am liking mine, but will they?
      I don’t like that feeling….

Arthur
      Spectator

i wonder if there is any word yet on using band images and logos.[/quote:s6n4f1iw]
      Use any logo or image you like I guess. I would do that anyway, if I were allowed to compete in this contest. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

ok Arthur :wink:

thanks dude!

Shannen
      Spectator

Has anyone submitted any of the artwork yet?

Anonymous
      Spectator

I am about to. just need to tweak a few things….

man, i am still in the planning out stage, we have till october, i like to let the idea’s stew for a while before i jump into it.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Totally agree bullet
      I went to school for this stuff
      However you can enter 3 times, so I am onto more work.
      Wish I could show someone, beside the people in my home.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m still thinking too. i really need to get going though before school starts because i’m going to have a load of art projects then. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Has anyone submitted any of the artwork yet?[/quote:1rj6ojz6]

not yet

Arthur
      Spectator

I just read in an internal email that we got the first submission for this contest in da house!

That… is pretty fast! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

I just read in an internal email that we got the first submission for this contest in da house!

That… is pretty fast! :lol:[/quote:2fwqstot]

my money is on reggae for that. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

hey why ya gotta assume it was me
      :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

hey why ya gotta assume it was me
      :lol:[/quote:axssk29o]

hehe, because i thought most of the rest of us have no clue what to do yet :wink:

i had an ephaniy. i think that is how you spell it. i was in the kitchen making sweet tea, dyeing a shirt and listing to music, i like to multi-task. and it hit me. my idea………………………………………….

it is brilliant. i am so glad it finally hit me. i was wondering when it would.

Anonymous
      Spectator

so we can use band images, but what images-the ones from their specific site
      wouldn’t someone who took a photo of the band claim copyright issues somehow? I am lost on this whole band images and logos stuff…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

basically reggae, use whatever you want. i don’t think any legal issues can arise, as we are not making a profit by utilizing these images, rather, the complete reverse. we are giving money away.

i think whatever you want to do is fine. :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Yesterday 2 more entries came in, I noticed in the email! :D

And I think manilla doesn’t mind me saying already… That he is going to announce some cool news soon! 8)

ok, i am still working on mine. if the news is a winner i will be mad.

we have till october right?????????????????/

Anonymous
      Spectator

I think so Bullet. I am still working on mine too ;)

Well I am all for some good news :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m still working too and i’ve decided to kill two birds with one stone- i’m going to turn my poster/ painting in for a grade at school in painting. 8) i figure if i have a more serious, immediate deadline i will get my lazy ass in gear. :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

I’ m working on mine too.
      I had some great ideias, but it has been difficult to put them in pratic… :? shame !

blueczarina
      Spectator

are you doing it by hand or by computer Pip?

Pipoka
      Spectator

are you doing it by hand or by computer Pip?[/quote:12ls7hdn]

both… but i don’t like the look on computer, so from now on i’m gonna do only by hand…

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i’m doing by hand and then i will clean the image up on the computer before i send it.

Pipoka
      Spectator

yeah, i’m doing by hand and then i will clean the image up on the computer before i send it.[/quote:1a0osnz4]

exactly ;)

Anonymous
      Spectator

where’s our cool news? any minute now :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Hey
      I’m holding off on the cool news for right now, until some last minute details are shored up by our main man, Arthur.

i am doing something a little diffrent, i hope it turns out good.

butterfly
      Spectator

That sounds awesome!! Definetly a great idea for a comp with great prizes too!! :) I just think its so cool that a fan could end up making a poster for the band!! I’m defo gonna give it a go!! Hope lots of you guys do too!! Its the kind of thing that even if you dont win, you’ll still have a lot of fun doing it!! 8)

Pipoka
      Spectator

That sounds awesome!! Definetly a great idea for a comp with great prizes too!! :) I just think its so cool that a fan could end up making a poster for the band!! I’m defo gonna give it a go!! Hope lots of you guys do too!! Its the kind of thing that even if you dont win, you’ll still have a lot of fun doing it!! 8)[/quote:18fdbl5z]

you’re right

i spend the afternoon working on mine and God… i’m so pleased with it !
      at this point i don’t need to win this, because i’ve won so much already… this remind me how good it is for my brain to have some peace while i’m paiting :)

btw, welcome !!

butterfly
      Spectator

you’re right

i spend the afternoon working on mine and God… i’m so pleased with it !
      at this point i don’t need to win this, because i’ve won so much already… this remind me how good it is for my brain to have some peace while i’m paiting

btw, welcome !! [/quote:2s7de5tj]

Thanks Pipoka!
      Glad to see that other people \"get\" what I was trying to say!! It is so much fun doing this competition!!
      Thanx for the welcome too! In fact, I think I recognise your name from SP.com so hopefully I’ll see around here (or there!!) more! :) My username is butterfly1 over there (only coz butterfly was gone- :( ) but it was available here, so here I am!!! ;)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Welcome butterfly :)
      I remember seeing your name around sp.com.
      painting is a getaway for me, so this contest has been a blessing in disguise
      prizes are cool, but what’s most important is that it’s something you love to do and for a band we all love
      hope you enjoy the site here

blueczarina
      Spectator

welcome butterfly :)

and this is a cool contest and fun too. i like designing stuff and its neat to design something with the SP in mind. :wink:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I was wondering if the contest was just for fun or if the Smashing Pumpkins might be interested in using the winner’s submissions

Now I’m just trying to figure out if I want to do all of these traditionally or digitally

Anonymous
      Spectator

Doubtful-Della….I am not sure about SP using the art or not..
      regardless it’s still a fun contest to do for our love of SP.
      Also welcome to the site :)

butterfly
      Spectator

Welcome butterfly :)
      I remember seeing your name around sp.com.
      painting is a getaway for me, so this contest has been a blessing in disguise
      prizes are cool, but what’s most important is that it’s something you love to do and for a band we all love
      hope you enjoy the site here[/quote:dhvis67m]

Hi Reggaeluv2000,
      How are you?? I totally agree- its such a release to be able to paint/draw like this about our fave band & with the chance of winning cool prizes too!! Its very exciting!! ;)
      By the way, I recognise your name too from SP.com!! Thanks a million for the welcome!! :)

butterfly
      Spectator

welcome butterfly :)

and this is a cool contest and fun too. i like designing stuff and its neat to design something with the SP in mind. :wink:[/quote:1gf1ei4f]

Hi blueczarina,

How are you?? Thanks for the welcome! Its so cool to see all the famililar names over here from Sp.com isnt it?? I like too the way its so much easier to chat over here- Sp.com really needs a forum as I love getting to know all you guys! I’ve meet some awesome people on Sp.com & now here too!! ;) How are you getting on with your design??? :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

How are you getting on with your design??? :)[/quote:2ctj1tj1]

i can now say i’ve figured out what i’m doing at least- it took ages :wink: -but now i need to get my butt in gear and make it. :P

and welcome Doubtful Della :)

Marcella
      Spectator

New people! Hello and welcome ^___^.

Arthur
      Spectator

I was wondering if the contest was just for fun or if the Smashing Pumpkins might be interested in using the winner’s submissions[/quote:2ejyesiq]
      It’s an option, amongst others. I can only say that every now and then the Pumpkins’ team likes to surprise us SPfreakies. Stay tuned, is my advice! The surprises might not be over yet! 8)

And welcome, Doubtful-Della, and all the other new members too!

Anonymous
      Spectator

It’s an option, amongst others. I can only say that every now and then the Pumpkins’ team likes to surprise us SPfreakies. Stay tuned, is my advice! The surprises might not be over yet! 8)

[/quote:3b1jh9it]

WHAT!!! :shock: possibly more..are you guys serious? I think what was already mentioned was a pretty extreme prize. Regardless, I am completely enjoying this experience and finding a bit more about myself through this process..
      I would say I owe it all to spfreaks and sp, only because if it weren’t for the music I wouldn’t be so inspired and for all these wonderful people on this site and sp.com
      this has been an uplifting experience.
      Thanks again guys. I don’t even give a rats arse if I win or lose because I have learned a lot about myself and others.
      you all are an amazing bunch:)
      you’ve already changed my world just by being a part of it through the site…
      I am sure everyone feels this way…
      spfreaks has got that sp magic going on:)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I can’t wait to get on with the project. I just hope with two little ones that I will have enough time to complete each one of the items!

Thanks for the kind welcome. I’ve been a fan since 2000 but only hardcore the last few years, and especially now since I saw them live at the Hard Rock August 22nd!

Anonymous
      Spectator

blueczarina
      Spectator

[/quote:5bfo9njn]

OMG :lol:

that’s the best :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

This really does take a lot of time! I know I can’t win, but I’m making a submission anyway. ;) Been working on it for days, and am just now deciding which software, fonts, pics I want to use!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, it takes awhile for sure. my problem is trying to make something that captures my impression of the pumpkins.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

If I could compete, here would be my entry…

Pipoka
      Spectator

really cool ideia manilla… love it !!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice, i love it :) it looks like an old movie poster

manillascissor
      Keymaster

thanks guys. wish i could compete with ya. go get those tickets!!!

Anonymous
      Spectator

Well that looks awesome Manilla…
      not a fan of graveyards, but I still really like it!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like the graveyards myself :P

and i just noticed your avatar is in the poster manilla :P

thata is neat nilla, and that is funny that your avatar is in the poster.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Wait a second….
      why is Linda’s name on that? Is she now officially part of the line up? or were you just adding her on the behalf that she creates art for them?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

She’s the keyboardist, unless I’m mistaken.

And yeah, I figured a dino bone could end up in a graveyard, right? ;)

Shannen
      Spectator

manilla, it looks a bit spooky but I like it :D . Wonder if SP will dance in the graveyard with the zombie s like MJ :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

I thought it was Lisa…
      what the hell happened to Lisa???

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I thought it was Lisa…
      what the hell happened to Lisa???[/quote:37iddi30]

Well crap!!! What is Lisa’s last name???

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Lisa Harrington

I thought she and Linda were the same person. :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Lisa Harriton…..
      I think that’s how you spell her last name???

Anonymous
      Spectator

so you were posting a message while U was trying and it wasn’t letting mine go through…
      Linda and Lisa don’t look a like
      men….

blueczarina
      Spectator

Lisa Harrington

I thought she and Linda were the same person. :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF?[/quote:1nf4klkv]

so silly :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Lisa Harrington

I thought she and Linda were the same person. :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF?[/quote:2ijlq14c]

your silly :lol:

oops- double post

i guess you can be double silly :P

not a fan of graveyards, but I still really like it!![/quote:fk0r91xh]

Graveyards are peaceful. My brother and I used to have picnics in our local graveyard. I figure if I’m 6′ under, I’d rather have people picnicing on me rather than bawling their eyes out, right???

blueczarina
      Spectator

awww, fond childhood memories

Anonymous
      Spectator

not a fan of graveyards, but I still really like it!![/quote:2mdn2vmp]

Graveyards are peaceful. My brother and I used to have picnics in our local graveyard. I figure if I’m 6′ under, I’d rather have people picnicing on me rather than bawling their eyes out, right???[/quote:2mdn2vmp]
      I don’t like them for the fact of it just seems spooky, that’s all..well graveyards at night=scary, during the day I’m ok with.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I likes, RTC’s brain werkz gud.

Never realised you were a small, chubby boy with funny hair, Bloo…

Considered entering an Undertaking career at one point myself. After looking into the financial side, I realised there’d be stiff competition and it’s somewhat a dieing trade now. :?

blueczarina
      Spectator

Never realised you were a small, chubby boy with funny hair, Bloo…[/quote:1c1gndos]

oh come now, i’m not Pugsley- i’m Wednesday and this is my doll Marie Antoinette :lol: :lol: :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I likes, RTC’s brain werkz gud.

Never realised you were a small, chubby boy with funny hair, Bloo…

Considered entering an Undertaking career at one point myself. After looking into the financial side, I realised there’d be stiff competition and it’s somewhat a dieing trade now. :?[/quote:1m9r6mcc]

Yeah, and the hours are killer.

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice one manilla :lol:

you know i’m noticing a morbid theme across the forum today :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

you know i’m noticing a morbid theme across the forum today :wink:[/quote:3nn9pc0m]
      what’s with that…did we not wake up yet…

blueczarina
      Spectator

maybe

its kind of curious, because it has popped up in several threads. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

maybe

its kind of curious, because it has popped up in several threads. :wink:[/quote:10o7ak5q]
      I noticed that too.
      Hey Manilla you should have written a poem for this morbid day :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

maybe

its kind of curious, because it has popped up in several threads. :wink:[/quote:1qp8ma8i]
      I noticed that too.
      Hey Manilla you should have written a poem for this morbid day :lol:[/quote:1qp8ma8i]

maybe he will later :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I kinda hope he does. It would be quite the day then!!
      Maybe a little poem to end the day…

graveyards freak me out. there are dead people there. yucky.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Morbid themes, I suppose that could be said.

A poem would be nice, maybe m will do just that sometime.

In any case, maybe we should cheer ourselves up a little?

I’ve felt a little rough in the throat today, all that sneezing and coffin will hopefully pass by.

I’m going to play Bury Me and Bodies now.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Is this all due to the full luna this weekend
      I’m no werewolf, or maybe I am…I am a Sagittarius 1/2 man (in my case 1/2 woman) & 1/2 animal… :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Darkness falls across the land
      The midnight hour is close at hand
      Creatures crawl in search of blood
      To terrorize y’all’s neighborhood
      And whosoever shall be found
      Without the soul for getting down
      Must stand and face the hounds of hell
      And rot inside a corpse’s shell
      The foulest stench is in the air
      The funk of forty thousand years
      And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
      Are closing in to seal your doom
      And though you fight to stay alive
      Your body starts to shiver
      For no mere mortal can resist
      The evil of the thriller

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXfgKzDDsY[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

fucking Perfect way to end Today

blueczarina
      Spectator

i know- we are terrible pumpkinheads :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

blueczarina
      Spectator

is that you? :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

fuck, i wish

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Anonymous
      Spectator

lol…MJ
      that’s fricken funny..
      I have seen that pumpkin face thing somewhere before…what movie was it from?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

my lips are sealed. if someone guesses it, they kick butt!

Arthur
      Spectator

And another contribution to this contest came in today… Awesome! 8)

my lips are sealed. if someone guesses it, they kick butt![/quote:bg5urjxx]

Hmmm,…I’d hope I could get this. But I seem to be stuck. Must…keep….thinking….

Anonymous
      Spectator

I have been thinking about this all day…I can’t flippin remember. I even asked my hubby the movie junkie…

blueczarina
      Spectator

always such puzzles manilla :wink: a movie i presume

tallgrassgrows
      Spectator

Hi guys – good to be amongst people with such good music taste. 1 question: Are these 20th Anniversary gigs only gonna be in The States, coz I wanna get involved, but a trip across The Pond could be expensive. We’ve been lovin’ The Pumpkins for 2 decades over here aswell ya know – Please don’t forget about us!

Arthur
      Spectator

Hi guys – good to be amongst people with such good music taste. 1 question: Are these 20th Anniversary gigs only gonna be in The States, coz I wanna get involved, but a trip across The Pond could be expensive. We’ve been lovin’ The Pumpkins for 2 decades over here aswell ya know – Please don’t forget about us![/quote:3on66khn]
      Hi stvmddltn, welcome here! Where are you from? We don’t know yet where the gigs will be held I’m afraid, even the PumpkinsMediaMilitia doesn’t know that yet. As soon as they know they will inform us, and yes, hopefully they will tour outside the US also (but my hopes aren’t that high, as I think they said somewhere before it will be an US only thingy).

Anonymous
      Spectator

Welcome stvmddltn…I thought I read it a while back on sp.com news that it was for the US.
      And this is a November only tour I am assumimg??

i think it is only for the us, cause billy said that they were gonna hit cities that they were not able to get to on the other tour.

tallgrassgrows
      Spectator

Gutted – oh well, I thought as much. They’re gonna be amazing shows, you guys enjoy & good luck! I’m English BTW

natascha
      Spectator

so about the cities…tell me some big cities they didn´t hit at the last tour…i need 20 for my poster… :D .

Anonymous
      Spectator

Gutted – oh well, I thought as much. They’re gonna be amazing shows, you guys enjoy & good luck! I’m English BTW[/quote:vo2u3f9z]
      so that means your from England I take it? Wow I think that would be a neat place to visit sometime.
      I hope they play somewhere close for everyone to get the opportunity to see them. I feel bad for you guys & gals over seas :( I wish you all the best of luck at getting another round of tours out there too-eventually you will get them again!!

natascha
      Spectator

ok, they submitted the tourdates…GREAT!
      and to all my dear american friends: i´m so jealous at you guys :wink: !
      but i would probably have to get a second job to afford all the touring if i was you…
      just kidding….
      sp 4eva ♥
      so about the backstagepasses…three different or is three different colours(with the same design) different enough?
      :roll:

Pipoka
      Spectator

so about the backstagepasses…three different or is three different colours(with the same design) different enough?
      :roll:[/quote:kscz9w3j]

i have this same question :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

manillascissor, there are a few emails from people that want to send in hard copies of their material.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Here’s some questions…
      Contest ends November 1st right? Well let’s say hypothetically bullet won and she got her tix but wanted to attend the Cleveland show…how does that work? It can’t……
      So how many shows are excluded due to the judging time?

Arthur
      Spectator

Here’s some questions…
      Contest ends November 1st right? Well let’s say hypothetically bullet won and she got her tix but wanted to attend the Cleveland show…how does that work? It can’t……
      So how many shows are excluded due to the judging time?[/quote:2h8kgt2s]
      I have the same question actually… end the contest a few days earlier? Or exclude a few shows? manilla?

And meanwhile another few entries came in today, I just noticed in the mail. It’s getting started for sure, this contest! :lol:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

My entry is still in my head. I thought the contest Ended Oct 1 and I was freaking out that I didn’t have it submitted yet. I’m so relieved. Although I was wondering about the winning person getting tickets in time. For me I’d want to go to the DC show on the 12th (love to go to both due to the awesome format) but I can’t see it really happening at 60 bucks a ticket when I live in FL…. But it’s a good date because I was thinking of flying to WV that week and either fly into Dulles or Baltimore

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m completely done!!
      Yay!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Contest now officially ends on October 15th.

Will update formally soon, and hopefully on sp.com as well.

Pipoka
      Spectator

oh my god… that’s a lot \"soon\" :shock: but i do agree with the decision of course!

i have to move my fat ass and finish my things !

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

i wonder if there is any word yet on using band images and logos.[/quote:1sm0fnlj]
      Use any logo or image you like I guess. I would do that anyway, if I were allowed to compete in this contest. :wink:[/quote:1sm0fnlj]

So is that an official yes on using logos and images from albums etc? The rules in the beginning stated that it had to be all original renditions of it. I just wanted to know for sure because as I was putting together my sample idea digitally I thought I might just leave it like it is instead of having to do a whole painting

Anonymous
      Spectator

imo…
      I’d say go ahead, since it seems to be ok. I don’t think there was an official go ahead, but do what you want.
      Do whatever you heart desires..that’s what i did :)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

imo…
      I’d say go ahead, since it seems to be ok. I don’t think there was an official go ahead, but do what you want.
      Do whatever you heart desires..that’s what i did :)[/quote:3k8dliu0]

Ok thanks. I have the tour poster, flier, and two backstage passes done then

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Does anybody know what the font is for the ZERO T-shirt???
      I’ve searched for about an hour now and I can’t find it.
      I also can’t seem to start a new thread on this forum…. maybe it’s because I’m new here… or maybe I’m blind haha

Pipoka
      Spectator

Does anybody know what the font is for the ZERO T-shirt???
      I’ve searched for about an hour now and I can’t find it.
      I also can’t seem to start a new thread on this forum…. maybe it’s because I’m new here… or maybe I’m blind haha[/quote:1xhe0lzd]

You have a "post a reply" button and next to it a "new topic" … :P

About the font, i don’t know… sorry :?

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I got my entry in. I really hope it’s right. I might keep designing stuff and enter a second time just to make sure…. but my husband might be taking my laptop to school with him this week… so I’ll be stuck on my slow PC

Anonymous
      Spectator

I got my entry in. I really hope it’s right. I might keep designing stuff and enter a second time just to make sure…. but my husband might be taking my laptop to school with him this week… so I’ll be stuck on my slow PC[/quote:16butwlm]
      good luck :wink:
      anyone else finished ya got like 12 days….

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh only 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs around like a chicken with it’s head cut off*

Anonymous
      Spectator

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh only 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs around like a chicken with it’s head cut off*[/quote:d4z63edd]
      lol…
      better hurry up bullet the clock is ticking…

monday i am working on that for most of the day, then tuesday i am working on my bio’s. so if i am not here, that is what i am doing.

whew, i got two entries in, and working on the last one in the next few days.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m kinda sad…I am done entering and wish I could make another one-
      oh well I have the memories of it now :D

I haven’t entered at all.

Ha-HA!

Pipoka
      Spectator

I have to finish my setlist… :?
      Tomorrow…..

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Tomorrow…..[/quote:3lm4sqi4]

It was fun mixing the setlist. Very different than mixing a CD! I put all mine in a folder and listened and organized and reordered it until I got it in an order that I thought would make a great show

Pipoka
      Spectator

Tomorrow…..[/quote:qmtx55iv]

It was fun mixing the setlist. Very different than mixing a CD! I put all mine in a folder and listened and organized and reordered it until I got it in an order that I thought would make a great show[/quote:qmtx55iv]

yes i will do the same… i did that on the previous contest (make a cd single…) it’s a good way to realize if the setlist works or not :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

what was the previous contest?
      anyways yeah I love listening to my set list I made :)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

The official tour poster of the two jesters…. anybody think they are poking fun at James and D’Arcy for not rejoining the pumpkins?

Anonymous
      Spectator

I say yes in a way…lol
      but the only one who knows is the artist herself…

Pipoka
      Spectator

The official tour poster of the two jesters…. anybody think they are poking fun at James and D’Arcy for not rejoining the pumpkins?[/quote:ojm39j94]

that’s a interesting question because when i saw that i thought why they are both sad? but i never thought that it would be a representation of james and d’arcy…
      that’s interesting…

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

The official tour poster of the two jesters…. anybody think they are poking fun at James and D’Arcy for not rejoining the pumpkins?[/quote:2i9fsyzr]

that’s a interesting question because when i saw that i thought why they are both sad? but i never thought that it would be a representation of james and d’arcy…
      that’s interesting…[/quote:2i9fsyzr]

It was a mixture of the hair and sad faces that made the lightbulb come on and wonder

Pipoka
      Spectator

yes… one is blond the other brunet…

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

yes… one is blond the other brunet…[/quote:y3e3si2g]

Maybe my monitor is off, it shows black hair.
      Whatever the case, just speculation
      It could just be a couple of sad jesters : )

Anonymous
      Spectator

well I have dark hair and I feel like crying, not being able to make it to the show, maybe it’s me..LOL
      I think it was a way of including them into the tour…

albertina
      Spectator

i’ll submit after my mid term exam though~
      :D
      i think i’ll draw by hands~~

Anonymous
      Spectator

i’ll submit after my mid term exam though~
      i think i’ll draw by hands~~[/quote:35jhclbe]
      well I would love to see what you create too-Good luck with your creations!
      i bet there is a lot of submissions by now and I bet Arthur and company are enjoying the art.
      Lucky!!!

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

After it is over will we be able to see the entries?
      Also, are we allowed to post our images on other websites (i.e. art sites?)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Just tell me to shut up, I ask a lot of questions

Anonymous
      Spectator

Just tell me to shut up, I ask a lot of questions[/quote:2djyqx82]
      LOL…me too…but hey we just gotta know some things ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

After it is over will we be able to see the entries?
      Also, are we allowed to post our images on other websites (i.e. art sites?)[/quote:fk3hvy0u]

Yes, Della, it’s your art, do what you like. We just reserve the right to use the submissions as well is all.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’ll just wait until the contest is over. it’s a few days away

chrismeisner
      Spectator

hey guys , really excited about joining and entering this contest .

one quick question , do any of you know that website with ALL the artwork from like every album ever . I’ve been to it before and its great for reference , but i totally can’t find it now , its totally pissin me off .

if anyone knows what i’m talking about i’d greatly appreciate the help .

chris

blueczarina
      Spectator

Hi and welcome. :wink:

here is the site i think you might be looking for.

http://www.my-mistake.net/infinitepics/

it has all the album art and then some :wink: have fun :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

welcome chrismeisner :)
      have fun creating!

Anonymous
      Spectator

did you see my tacky backstage pass I posted on SP.com??
      I like the painting and how I messed with it through gimp, but it was more of a practice session…lol…that’s why it wasn’t sent in…
      it’s alright-nothing glamorous :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

ONE MORE DAY!

Pipoka
      Spectator

i’m so excited to see all the entries !

Anonymous
      Spectator

i’m so excited to see all the entries !
      :D[/quote:3lfzo0b4]

me too!!!!
      I bet the judges are enjoying them

Tion
      Spectator

i just finished my stuff last night. ufffff…
      but it made so much fun to do something for THE band/community.

again, thanks arthur for helping me with my log in.

cant wait to see the other posters/ shirts/ songlists/stuff..

how creative we all are!!! :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

i just finished my stuff last night. ufffff…
      but it made so much fun to do something for THE band/community.

again, thanks arthur for helping me with my log in.

cant wait to see the other posters/ shirts/ songlists/stuff..

how creative we all are!!! :D[/quote:3s7qiw0r]
      congrats and welcome to the site Tion :)

Tion
      Spectator

thx..
      finally i had a bit time to read messages and threads, and im quite impressed …
      no haters here. nice.

after the SP.com has closed the comments, i pray tonight for this site all the
      \"netphorias\" will stay away :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

thx..
      finally i had a bit time to read messages and threads, and im quite impressed …
      no haters here. nice.

after the SP.com has closed the comments, i pray tonight for this site all the
      "netphorias" will stay away :wink:[/quote:26do2tf6]

welcome tion ;)

yes, welcome!

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Well…thats it! DONE! The zip file of my submission is \"trying\" to attach itself to my email as i type!
      I LOVED this contest but man that deadline move killed me! haha. I had so much fun though.

I should say hello, this is my first post here…you can usually find me over at ozphoria as i am an aussie.

Just wanted to say thanks for the contest, i cant wait to see what everyone has done!

Anonymous
      Spectator

Well…thats it! DONE! The zip file of my submission is "trying" to attach itself to my email as i type!
      I LOVED this contest but man that deadline move killed me! haha. I had so much fun though.

I should say hello, this is my first post here…you can usually find me over at ozphoria as i am an aussie.

Just wanted to say thanks for the contest, i cant wait to see what everyone has done![/quote:1ptninx8]

Congrats to you too! and welcome to the site :)
      I think we are all wound up to see the submissions! and the setlists!

i know i can’t wait to see how everyone ha done, and what awesome ideas everyone has had, i didn’t get my third submission in, but it is ok. i am happy with the two that i sent in.

so when do we know who won?

tomarrow!!!???

probably not, but soon i hope.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I bet judging is going to be a tough one! Wish I was a judge-well not really
      I just want a see the art!
      I wonder how long it will be? I just assumed at least another week.. :lol:

another week???????????

i don’ t know if i can wait that long to know who won.

so let us know, soon…………..

please.

Anonymous
      Spectator

another week???????????

i don’ t know if i can wait that long to know who won.

so let us know, soon…………..

please.[/quote:27a6yxjn]
      :idea: yeah what bullet said :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

on this note:

the artwork will be posted once a winner is announced. remember, we have to forward to PMM for their involvement as well. not sure how long that will take, but a week seems reasonable.

remember, we have to forward to PMM for their involvement as well. not sure how long that will take, but a week seems reasonable.[/quote:3qexb7fd]

oh, goodness, i hope he isn’t too busy. i will be pulling my hair out to see everyones, and know who won.

oh can’t wait!!!

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

It’s 5:00 on the 15th… I just finished up my second entry. Whew. My daughter gets up for a bottle in an hour…. looks like no sleep for me this lovely morning!

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

on this note:
      not sure how long that will take, but a week seems reasonable.[/quote:3mz6b0h8]

My parents live 1,000 miles north of me, and I’m planning a trip to go see them… they must think I’m nuts because I keep saying, "well if I win this contest I have to be here on this date" hahahahahaha

My parents live 1,000 miles north of me, and I’m planning a trip to go see them… they must think I’m nuts because I keep saying, "well if I win this contest I have to be here on this date" hahahahahaha[/quote:wy73bdpa]
      Haha. I agree with your parents.

Anonymous
      Spectator

haha…that’s funny, gotta be hopeful though don’t we?

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

My parents live 1,000 miles north of me, and I’m planning a trip to go see them… they must think I’m nuts because I keep saying, "well if I win this contest I have to be here on this date" hahahahahaha[/quote:47kw72kw]
      Haha. I agree with your parents.[/quote:47kw72kw]

Well you enter contests with hopes to win, right? I’m not that crazy ;) Gotta have self confidence and hope for the best

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Contest open til midnight today. Get them in!!!!!

Arthur
      Spectator

Entry # 31 just came in… How many more to come? :shock:

douglas78
      Spectator

DO THESE HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED AS A ZIP FILE? I JUST ATTACHED EACH .JPEG INDIVIDUALLY. HELP?

douglas78
      Spectator

THEN I DIDN’T SAY I WAS DOUGLAS78 AND HAD TO SEND A SECOND EMAIL SAYING MY USER NAME. I MESSED THIS WHOLE THING UP, NOT THAT I’D WIN ANYWAYS

Arthur
      Spectator

DO THESE HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED AS A ZIP FILE? I JUST ATTACHED EACH .JPEG INDIVIDUALLY. HELP?[/quote:1i09c6pf]
      Both formats are fine! Whatever is easy for you, douglas78!

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Entry # 31 just came in… How many more to come? :shock:[/quote:3m59dd4j]

I was just thinking this morning, I wonder how many entries there will be.
      31 so far? Is that more or less than you were expecting?

It sounds low to me as a number, but when I think of the fact that my entry must have taken around 70 hours of work, then I think wow, 31 people spent that much of their time working on their entries – that is a lot.

And for the judges I bet it will be hard to pick from what ever number you get, but the more there is the harder it gets!

Also, is this the way it works – you guys narrow it down to a shortlist and then pass that shortlist onto the PMM and do they have final say or what is the go?

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

ooh darn i just realised the poster i submitted was not my final version, i had made a few final alterations – so i am going to re-send my whole submission – sorry if it is late and sorry for the inconvenience.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

we’ll sort it all out. send it in.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Entry # 31 just came in… How many more to come? :shock:[/quote:322edyrm]
      Also, is this the way it works – you guys narrow it down to a shortlist and then pass that shortlist onto the PMM and do they have final say or what is the go?[/quote:322edyrm]

I think we are still in the process of discussing this. It depended largely on the number of submissions, but 30+ may be too many to send to PMM. However, if they want them, we will send them all.

Anonymous
      Spectator

wow that’s a pretty good amount of submissions!! I hope they want to see them all, but whatever is decided is what’s decided! Good Luck to all who entered!

yes, good luck.

and with the black and white avatars, it is kinda hard to tell who said what up there.

Arthur
      Spectator

then I think wow, 31 people spent that much of their time working on their entries – that is a lot.

And for the judges I bet it will be hard to pick from what ever number you get, but the more there is the harder it gets![/quote:zdmj29z7]
      Exactly, you hit it right there. We are around 35 entries now (depending on what came in in hard-copy, we still need confirmation on that), and let me tell you, we are truly ENJOYING this! You have send in the most awesome art works for Smashing Pumpkins that I have ever seen, I’m smiling like a madman downloading tons of MB of your works! :lol:

I will make a list here today with your SPfreaks Forum nicks and the number of entries that we have found for each one of you. Then you can confirm we are right or complain if we are wrong. Problems will be solved, don’t worry, everybody gets a fair chance to enter and send in (again). Then we start judging things with 4 SPfreaks all over the world, which takes a few days, as you might understand. Then some or all of your works will go to SP.com for the final judgement, which might take another few days. Stay tuned, because somewhere inbetween I will try to post all your works here, for you to enjoy! The rest of the news will be provided by manillascissor. Keep an eye on him too! 8)

SPfreaks
      Spectator

CONTEST OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I’m completely giddy and excited about this. 35 entries, that rocks! The comment above about 70 hours of work! WOW! I think my first entry took 30+ hours, and my second entry only took 12 (I was up till 5AM completing it)

I can’t wait to see the awesomeness unfold! Congrats to all the people who’ve entered, I think just being a part of this is reason to rejoice in itself

SPfreaks
      Spectator

List of members’ nicks in alphabetical order, with their # of entries. All members mentioned below that entered the contest, please confirm if this list is correct or not? Is your name missing? Is your # of entries wrong? Also some questions already to be answered, check your nicks! And please reply here on the board as soon as possible!

absinth (1)
      Adore34614 (1)
      AlexHlavaty (1)
      Ambrose (1)
      Apathyse (2)
      bullettwoutbutterflywings (2) (we never received your 3rd entry, correct?)
      Codie Blodgett (1) (what is your Forum nick, Codie? And could you please re-send some of your files in DOC-format instead of DOCX-format?)
      Daisy_Divine (1)
      Doubtful-Della (2)
      douglas78 (1)
      Jai-Star (2)
      jconley78 (1)
      Jenn (2)
      Jerf (2) (Could you please resend your designs in separate files in JPG format?)
      Kuumar & Riverandsky (1)
      natascha (1)
      OoAwAo0 (1)
      Pipoka (1)
      Reggaeluv2000 (3)
      scotopic_lux (1)
      smassin (1)
      Tion (1)
      thrashingponies (1)
      wHiTe_sPyDeR_gRl (1)
      zero_jme (1)

Pipoka
      Spectator

correct :!:

Tion
      Spectator

35 entries is amazing.
      wow….

group -hug! :D

Tion
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

mine is correct

natascha
      Spectator

correct!

dear! reggae you are the only one with three submissions! i´m impressed 8)
      i wish i had more time…can´t wait to see them all!

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Mine is correct. Reg is the only one with 3 entries! That’s love!

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Mine is correct too (and it was the second email’s submission that was the correct one :) )

Also, i can only count 33 submission there, not 35, am i bad at maths (which would be shattering as i actually have a maths exam this afternoon! haha)

ApathysEcstasy
      Spectator

Mine is wrong
      I submitted 3

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Mine is wrong
      I submitted 3[/quote:1y0r61e5]
      Please provide us in 3 different emails the following:

3 badges (or passes or pins or a mixture of this)
      1 bumper sticker
      1 flyer
      1 poster
      1 setlist
      1 shirt

So we can check which set of you is missing, Apathyse!

ApathysEcstasy
      Spectator

Okay everything has been submitted correctly(my 3 submissions), and got an email saying its all good to go!
      :)
      Everything is correct now.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Okay everything has been submitted correctly(my 3 submissions), and got an email saying its all good to go!
      Everything is correct now.[/quote:243n34yt]

Apathy is all set now.

ApathysEcstasy
      Spectator

:twisted: Awesome! :twisted:

yes, mine is correct, i was not able to get a third one in.

zero_jme
      Spectator

Mine is correct!

(Thanks for listing us all out like that… great idea!)

SPfreaks
      Spectator

😈 Awesome! :twisted:[/quote:3sceqwfu]
      Your email address on your account has been reset to the old address since you could not log in anymore. Also that new address provided errors. Maybe you better open up a GMAIL account? Those self-made domains don’t seem to work for now.

amnesia
      Spectator

Good luck guys!! :D

ApathysEcstasy
      Spectator

Okay using my isp email instead
      hopefully this one doesnt get any errors.

Ambrose
      Spectator

Yep, mine’s correct.

Best of luck to everybody who entered. I can’t wait to see all the other entries. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Yep, mine’s correct.

Best of luck to everybody who entered. I can’t wait to see all the other entries. :)[/quote:2hki6ink]
      I made a sneak preview compilation which will hopefully be published here later today. Really, it’s all amazing stuffs, it’s gonna be the toughest judging job we have ever done on here. The quality of the entries is extreme and the material is so diverse, I really cannot say something else! Stay tuned!

oh arthur such teasing, it is not nice.

Anonymous
      Spectator

aaaggghhhh…that is such a tease Arthur…lol
      i am so excited to see these goodies by everyone.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

*taps fingers in anticipation*

Anonymous
      Spectator

*taps fingers in anticipation*[/quote:2ifevbsq]
      :lol: could you imagine all of us doing that-the noise level of all of us tapping our fingers on the pc desk or table that would sound hilarious!

Ambrose
      Spectator

I made a sneak preview compilation which will hopefully be published here later today. Really, it’s all amazing stuffs, it’s gonna be the toughest judging job we have ever done on here. The quality of the entries is extreme and the material is so diverse, I really cannot say something else! Stay tuned![/quote:3rr63cp8]

Excellent Arthur! I’m looking forward to seeing the diversity of the submissions. It will be nice to show the Pumpkins some positiveness out of all the negativity that seems to thrive on the net. They’ve given us so much, it will be nice to give them something creative back. :)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

*taps fingers in anticipation*[/quote:3oeegtlx]
      :lol: could you imagine all of us doing that-the noise level of all of us tapping our fingers on the pc desk or table that would sound hilarious![/quote:3oeegtlx]

Mix it up and make it into a new Demo tape for the Pumpkins… we could call it…. anticipation! I’m sure Billy could write some soul searching lyrics that all of us could associate with! :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

*taps fingers in anticipation*[/quote:3b9jlsil]
      :lol: could you imagine all of us doing that-the noise level of all of us tapping our fingers on the pc desk or table that would sound hilarious![/quote:3b9jlsil]

Mix it up and make it into a new Demo tape for the Pumpkins… we could call it…. anticipation! I’m sure Billy could write some soul searching lyrics that all of us could associate with! :lol:[/quote:3b9jlsil]
      I bet he could too!!! That would be funny, but I bet the song would be amazing as they always seem to be from him!

Kuumar
      Spectator

Mine and Riverandsky’s are correct

absinth
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yep, mine’s correct.

Best of luck to everybody who entered. I can’t wait to see all the other entries. :)[/quote:8o3e3uud]
      I made a sneak preview compilation which will hopefully be published here later today. Really, it’s all amazing stuffs, it’s gonna be the toughest judging job we have ever done on here. The quality of the entries is extreme and the material is so diverse, I really cannot say something else! Stay tuned![/quote:8o3e3uud]

Enter manillabuzzkill. I think it’s a bad idea to post the entries before the winner is announced. Let’s not post entries until this has been decided, please?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

How about a compromise?

We can make a thread solely for some contest \"highlights\", so people can get a flavor of what has been submitted.

However, to keep from biasing the judges’ voting, NO JUDGES WILL VIEW ANY COMMENTS LEFT IN THE CONTEST HIGHLIGHTS THREAD.

There are four of us, and we would just have to go by the honor system here. We can tune in, only after submitting our final votes.

If the judges agree, I think it would be cool to share some of the entries. I’m BLOWN AWAY by most of these!

Judges-Please don’t respond to this thread, or to the one I’m about to post. Thanks!

Arthur
      Spectator

Judges-Please don’t respond to this thread, or to the one I’m about to post. Thanks![/quote:u7im7q8z]
      :roll: 8) :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Judges-Please don’t respond to this thread, or to the one I’m about to post. Thanks![/quote:2zovq1yp]
      :roll: 8) :lol:[/quote:2zovq1yp]

Hey!!!! That means you too, Arthur!

Anonymous
      Spectator

Judges-Please don’t respond to this thread, or to the one I’m about to post. Thanks![/quote:6guvx9m8]
      :roll: 8) :lol:[/quote:6guvx9m8]

Hey!!!! That means you too, Arthur![/quote:6guvx9m8]

ok i’m no judge, but Manilla what happened to the one you are about to post??? :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Judges-Please don’t respond to this thread, or to the one I’m about to post. Thanks![/quote:32v1q0g8]
      :roll: 8) :lol:[/quote:32v1q0g8]

Hey!!!! That means you too, Arthur![/quote:32v1q0g8]

ok i’m no judge, but Manilla what happened to the one you are about to post??? :lol:[/quote:32v1q0g8]

http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=817

Anonymous
      Spectator

so what made you decide on which ones to post? did you play a game closing your eyes and move the mouse and whatever it lands on you post… :lol:

jerf
      Spectator

Jerf (2) (Could you please resend your designs in separate files in JPG format?)[/quote:1pvw2el2]

no problem, ill do that right now you should have them in a few minutes!

Anonymous
      Spectator

so what made you decide on which ones to post? did you play a game closing your eyes and move the mouse and whatever it lands on you post… :lol:[/quote:opuwdpbv]

I generally use this method with my finger when choosing ladies in Amsterdam.

Pipoka
      Spectator

so what made you decide on which ones to post? did you play a game closing your eyes and move the mouse and whatever it lands on you post… :lol:[/quote:15g20ffc]

I generally use this method with my finger when choosing ladies in Amsterdam.[/quote:15g20ffc]

blueczarina
      Spectator

Dazey… :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Dazey, Dazey,Dazey…. :lol:
      I’m speechless

amnesia
      Spectator

Thats our Dazey :lol:

dazey decided to go wild for the weekend.

SPfreaks
      Spectator

This is the final list of contest entries, 35 in total. We kindly but also strongly ask Codie Blodgett and lunatwin to post in this topic at least once, to show their currently unknown SPfreaks Forum nick!

Meanwhile, the judging has started within the SPfreaks.com and the SP.com PumpkinsMediaMilitia Teams, and the PMM Team will send their entries of choice to Billy Corgan for a Final Judgement. We will keep you guys updated in the coming days, until we finally announce the winner on the 27th. Good luck to all of you!

absinth (1)
      Adore34614 (1)
      AlexHlavaty (1)
      Ambrose (1)
      Apathyse (3)
      bullettwoutbutterflywings (2)
      Codie Blodgett (1)
      Daisy_Divine (1)
      Doubtful-Della (2)
      douglas78 (1)
      Jai-Star (2)
      jconley78 (1)
      Jenn (2)
      Jerf (2)
      Kuumar & Riverandsky (1)
      lunatwin (1)
      natascha (1)
      OoAwAo0 (1)
      Pipoka (1)
      Reggaeluv2000 (3)
      scotopic_lux (1)
      smassin (1)
      Tion (1)
      thrashingponies (1)
      wHiTe_sPyDeR_gRl (1)
      zero_jme (1)

…………………….. the PMM Team will send their entries of choice to Billy Corgan for a Final Judgement.
      [/quote:mg4y6ehc]

holy crap dude! :shock:

Anonymous
      Spectator

…………………….. the PMM Team will send their entries of choice to Billy Corgan for a Final Judgement.
      [/quote:fujl3xif]

holy crap dude! :shock:[/quote:fujl3xif]
      :shock: :shock: :D
      yeah!! *I’m a screaming silently because my children are sleeping still

Pipoka
      Spectator

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW !

i hope mine is one of them !

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

The thought of Billy seeing our artwork is such an honor… no words can describe it. Good luck to everyone!
      *runs around screaming*

Well, good luck everybody.

I hope you win!

Kuumar
      Spectator

I am at work and want to shout, haha. I’ve been having a very bad day, this made me happy :) I wonder what billy will think. I hope he at least picks a top 3 or gives a message of criticism for each art piece, or a message to all of us for putting time in this. We are 34. I’m happy. :)

Riverandsky
      Spectator

I agree with you as usual Kuumar. However I just hope he is in a really amazing mood that day….just for us and everyone else’s sake. That day I hope his cat is in good health and pawing at Billy’s bright metallic scale skirt. Billy, we love u and everything you stand for….and don’t stand for. :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

I agree with you as usual Kuumar. However I just hope he is in a really amazing mood that day….just for us and everyone else’s sake. That day I hope his cat is in good health and pawing at Billy’s bright metallic scale skirt. Billy, we love u and everything you stand for….and don’t stand for. :)[/quote:24ugwuig]

I don’t think he would say a bad comment on an artwork from a fan… but maybe i’m wrong!
      Anyway i think he would be verry happy to see the amazing artworks that we have !

Anonymous
      Spectator

well if he does he does. Every one has their own eye on what is appealing to them ;)
      Constructive criticism is a good thing, it’s how one takes it and moves forward with it…
      And then Monday comes and he rips my to shreds… :twisted:

SPfreaks
      Spectator

The first scores of SPfreaks.com are in!

Firstly, for your information, the 4 judges of SPfreaks.com each give 1 to 10 points within each of the 8 categories (3 individual badges/pins/passes + 1 bumper sticker + 1 poster + 1 flyer + 1 shirt + 1 setlist). By doing so they each have 440 points total to give away. The highest score 1 member can get from 1 judge is 8 times 10 = 80. Then, finally, the scores of the PMM Team and Billy Corgan will be added to the points already given by the judges of SPfreaks.com. For now, let’s start with the first SPfreaks.com judge. Here are the points!

absinth (1) 28
      Adore34614 (1)
      AlexHlavaty (1) 3
      Ambrose (1) 7
      Apathyse (1) 3
      Apathyse (2)
      Apathyse (3)
      bullettwoutbutterflywings (1) 6
      bullettwoutbutterflywings (2) 7
      Codie Blodgett (1)
      Daisy_Divine (1)
      Doubtful-Della (1) 12
      Doubtful-Della (2) 60
      douglas78 (1) 31
      Jai-Star (1) 17
      Jai-Star (2) 19
      jconley78 (1) 14
      Jenn (1) 2
      Jenn (2)
      Jerf (1) 10
      Jerf (2) 16
      Kuumar & Riverandsky (1) 35
      lunatwin (1) 20
      natascha (1) 44
      OoAwAo0 (1) 14
      Pipoka (1) 16
      Reggaeluv2000 (1) 19
      Reggaeluv2000 (2)
      Reggaeluv2000 (3) 4
      scotopic_lux (1) 15
      smassin (1) 7
      Tion (1) 10
      thrashingponies (1) 7
      wHiTe_sPyDeR_gRl (1)
      zero_jme (1) 14

This gives us the following top 5 for the moment. Remember, this top 5 can change over the upcoming days!

1. Doubtful-Della (2) 60
      2. natascha (1) 44
      3. Kuumar & Riverandsky (1) 35
      4. douglas78 (1) 31
      5. absinth (1) 28

Stay tuned!

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

The first scores of SPfreaks.com are in!

Firstly, for your information, the 4 judges of SPfreaks.com each give 1 to 10 points within each of the 8 categories (3 individual badges/pins/passes + 1 bumper sticker + 1 poster + 1 flyer + 1 shirt + 1 setlist). By doing so they each have 440 points total to give away. The highest score 1 member can get from 1 judge is 8 times 10 = 80. Then, finally, the scores of the PMM Team and Billy Corgan will be added to the points already given by the judges of SPfreaks.com. For now, let’s start with the first SPfreaks.com judge. Here are the points!

This gives us the following top 5 for the moment. Remember, this top 5 can change over the upcoming days!
      [/quote:294aessu]

So this is the score from only one SP judge and we are still waiting on 3 others? I am confused with how the judging works. Shouldn’t the lowest score be 8?

Congrats to the top five. I just about fainted when I saw my points. Thank you for liking my art. I knew Natascha would be up there! You go!

Can’t wait to see the rest of the results. Thanks for posting this

Anonymous
      Spectator

such a bizarre number to use 440…how did that number come about? 60 shy of 500-strange, but I like strange

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Wow that seems like a hard judging system to explain hehe.

Congrats to the top 5 so far, but I can’t say I’m not totally shattered at getting 15 out of 80?!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

that’s just one judge! you could steal the prize at the end! start kicking your horse in the butt now!

Anonymous
      Spectator

that’s just one judge! you could steal the prize at the end! start kicking your horse in the butt now![/quote:lnrjvst8]
      :roll: who has a horse?

blueczarina
      Spectator

…………………….. the PMM Team will send their entries of choice to Billy Corgan for a Final Judgement. [/quote:1zgtd87v]

so does this mean Billy may see us

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Congrats to the top 5 so far, but I can’t say I’m not totally shattered at getting 15 out of 80?![/quote:n27m2q36]

Yeah one of mine got 12. some up there don’t even have a number ?!
      I was baffled that yours only got 15, but I haven’t seen the rest of your entry either

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Congrats to the top 5 so far, but I can’t say I’m not totally shattered at getting 15 out of 80?![/quote:29ii4bd3]

Yeah one of mine got 12. some up there don’t even have a number ?!
      I was baffled that yours only got 15, but I haven’t seen the rest of your entry either[/quote:29ii4bd3]

Im not trying to say that i think i deserve more, but wow, out of a score of 80 to only get 15 was a bit of a shock to the system! haha.

I really do hop i get on the shortlist as i would love for BC to see my poster, but then we are all feeling the same arent we! :)

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Since there is some confusion about the points being given, a little extra information.

Each individual judge takes a top 10 within each of the 8 categories, for example Bumper Stickers. There are 35 entries in the category Bumper Stickers, so it is already very hard to enter the top 10. Then the judge decides who gets 1 point, who gets 2 points, etc. up to who gets the 10 points. Like this 25 entries get 0 points, the top 10 of Bumper Stickers is getting points between 1 and 10. Then the judge works his way through the other 7 categories in the same way.

And that is why some members receive 0 points for their complete entries, when not any of their submission(s) within a certain category is mentioned in the top 10 of that category. Someone with 13 points for example can have 9 points for the Poster and 2 points for a certain Badge/Pin/Pass and another 2 points for the Setlist. The other 5 entries (the other 2 Badges, 1 Flyer, 1 Bumper Sticker and 1 Shirt) of this member did not reach the top 10 within its category at the same time.

Anyway, how do we get to 440 points then? The total points to give away for each judge for the category Bumper Stickers is 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10=55, as explained above. And since there are 8 categories, each judge has 8 times 55 points = 440 points to give away. Hopefully you understand now!

And remember, as the other 3 judges can have completely different points of view, the whole scheme including the top 5 can dramatically change after the scores of each judge are known. Let’s wait for them!

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Since there is some confusion about the points being given, a little extra information.

Each individual judge takes a top 10 within each of the 8 categories, [/quote:2rsbzdrl]

Ah, that makes sense

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

It does make a lot more sense, thanks for explaining again :)

Can I ask, did the setlists get rated visually? Because I thought you just wanted the songs written down that we would like to hear, as and extra to the artworks, I have never seen a set list that hasn’t been just black type on white paper haha.

Kuumar
      Spectator

Can I ask, did the setlists get rated visually? Because I thought you just wanted the songs written down that we would like to hear, as and extra to the artworks, I have never seen a set list that hasn’t been just black type on white paper haha.[/quote:36yuve8g]

I’m pretty sure the set list doesn’t have to be anything more than just a set list. It’s choice to decorate. I didn’t do anything fancy to mine, all I did was type it in tafh font

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Can I ask, did the setlists get rated visually? Because I thought you just wanted the songs written down that we would like to hear, as and extra to the artworks, I have never seen a set list that hasn’t been just black type on white paper haha.[/quote:di3oyz41]

I’m pretty sure the set list doesn’t have to be anything more than just a set list. It’s choice to decorate. I didn’t do anything fancy to mine, all I did was type it in tafh font[/quote:di3oyz41]

This is correct. Just like some people sent in tshirts with back designs. That was always optional, but extra points are not given for providing a back, just like extra points are not given for a pretty setlist.

well at least i got some points, very few but a few.

Riverandsky
      Spectator

Natascha! Great reference to Melencolia
      the woodcut by Albrecht Durer in your poster! I love his work…and well…obvs I love prints in general…:)

Pipoka
      Spectator

i am so stupid that i only read this now….

well i have 16 ! not bad… let’s wait and see… i got scared when i thought that was the final score ! hehe

i’m not surprised by seeing della on the first place as hers was my favorite too (based on the highlights)
      good job della ! i was amazed by your paiting :D

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

i am so stupid that i only read this now….

well i have 16 ! not bad… let’s wait and see… i got scared when i thought that was the final score ! hehe

i’m not surprised by seeing della on the first place as hers was my favorite too (based on the highlights)
      good job della ! i was amazed by your paiting :D[/quote:y1g033e3]

Thank you *blushes*

Arthur
      Spectator

Thank you *blushes*[/quote:385syomn]
      You won after all I noticed… Congratulations! :wink:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Thank you *blushes*[/quote:3moof9kc]
      You won after all I noticed… Congratulations! :wink:[/quote:3moof9kc]

Hell yes, we are back online!

Anonymous
      Spectator

haha.. I had a feeling from the first day I saw the poster that she was the winner… :wink:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

haha.. I had a feeling from the first day I saw the poster that she was the winner… :wink:[/quote:e47ealcx]

Really? Thanks. When I saw a few of the entries I was blown away. My husband liked mine but there were others that caught his attention just as much/more. (I didn’t tell him which one was mine and let him scroll through some of the entries that were posted here. I wanted an honest reaction from him)

Anonymous
      Spectator

agreed some were very good, but I guess I have that eye to tell me I know which one will take it :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Call to all artists: please upload your work now, if you like!
      Maximum width is 750 pixels however!

Meanwhile, I think Doubtful-Della doesn’t mind me posting this \"Work In Progress\" animation of her.

amnesia
      Spectator

That creation kicks ass for sure.Shame there can only be 1 winner, so many were nice :wink:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Thanks for posting my wip video. It actually took me all day to make it because I had taken the photos from so many different angles. I had to skew them and stretch them to get them to semi-line up. I’ll post the rest in a minute. My daughter is screaming

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Pipoka
      Spectator

mine are on my myspace

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

mine are on my myspace[/quote:2oy0om27]
      Is you name the same there?

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

What does everybody think about the official \"Limited Edition\" 20th anniversary poster?

Pipoka
      Spectator

mine are on my myspace[/quote:1uffxls2]
      Is you name the same there?[/quote:1uffxls2]

Nope… it’s actually my name Nali
      add me

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

mine are on my myspace[/quote:yyugd6vm]
      Is you name the same there?[/quote:yyugd6vm]

add me[/quote:yyugd6vm]

Which album? I see a bunch of party/paris/family photo albums

Arthur
      Spectator

What does everybody think about the official "Limited Edition" 20th anniversary poster?[/quote:1oeunbpr]
      The whole top 10 of the contest was doing a better job, each individual one of them, if you ask me.

Pipoka
      Spectator

mine are on my myspace[/quote:3t9ux0ia]
      Is you name the same there?[/quote:3t9ux0ia]

add me[/quote:3t9ux0ia]

Which album? I see a bunch of party/paris/family photo albums[/quote:3t9ux0ia]

i have an album called SPfreaks contest !
      Are you on my list? what’s your name there?

I don’t think that poster is that great too….
      Who did it? Linda?

Pipoka
      Spectator

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

What does everybody think about the official "Limited Edition" 20th anniversary poster?[/quote:2i8pi7tu]
      The whole top 10 of the contest was doing a better job, each individual one of them, if you ask me.[/quote:2i8pi7tu]

Glad I’m not the only one who thought that. No offense to the artist.
      I’d gladly give SP the rights to my design ;)

natascha
      Spectator

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

i posted mine here:
      http://natascha-blankpage.blogspot.com/[/quote:qnrce4k1]

I adore the backstage passes

Riverandsky
      Spectator

What does everybody think about the official "Limited Edition" 20th anniversary poster?[/quote:1w12chy1]
      The whole top 10 of the contest was doing a better job, each individual one of them, if you ask me.[/quote:1w12chy1]

Glad I’m not the only one who thought that. No offense to the artist.
      I’d gladly give SP the rights to my design ;)[/quote:1w12chy1]

OMG. Is that poster someone’s idea of a joke? A halloween joke maybe? Or maybe someone just got really bored in their cubicle with their purple markers and the xerox machine. It says it’s a print….but someone’s giving printmaking a bad name 4 sho!

zero_jme
      Spectator

Is there a final list somewhere that lists the final scores? I didn’t really see anything like that other than the first set of scores that was posted. (Just curious as to how I stacked up against the competition.)

Anonymous
      Spectator

What does everybody think about the official "Limited Edition" 20th anniversary poster?[/quote:3ug83fcp]
      The whole top 10 of the contest was doing a better job, each individual one of them, if you ask me.[/quote:3ug83fcp]
      wow there were way better submission entered than this thing…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Is there a final list somewhere that lists the final scores? I didn’t really see anything like that other than the first set of scores that was posted. (Just curious as to how I stacked up against the competition.)[/quote:3geko6s9]

Stay tuned zero_jme. Official thread is coming.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Is there a final list somewhere that lists the final scores? I didn’t really see anything like that other than the first set of scores that was posted. (Just curious as to how I stacked up against the competition.)[/quote:2gtkw759]

The list is on spfreaks’ blog on myspace and SmashingPumpkins.com. You were second
      2 zero_jme (1) 103+48=151

zero_jme
      Spectator

The list is on spfreaks’ blog on myspace and SmashingPumpkins.com. You were second
      2 zero_jme (1) 103+48=151[/quote:36pmg762]
      Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! And congratulations on the victory! I hope you have a great time at the show!

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

2 zero_jme (1) 103+48=151[/quote:2tms1xd2]
      Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! And congratulations on the victory! I hope you have a great time at the show![/quote:2tms1xd2]

Thanks! It’s been a hard few days trying to secure travel arrangements and babysitters, but I’m going to get there hell or high water

manillascissor
      Keymaster

2 zero_jme (1) 103+48=151[/quote:1v1v2ae0]
      Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! And congratulations on the victory! I hope you have a great time at the show![/quote:1v1v2ae0]

Thanks! It’s been a hard few days trying to secure travel arrangements and babysitters, but I’m going to get there hell or high water[/quote:1v1v2ae0]

buy a fire extinguisher, build an arc. you should be set.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Thanks! It’s been a hard few days trying to secure travel arrangements and babysitters, but I’m going to get there hell or high water[/quote:27tcdfob]

buy a fire extinguisher, build an arc. you should be set.[/quote:27tcdfob]

Maybe I should make the arc into one of those hybrid car/boat things!

Thom
      Spectator

interesting…. Arthur???

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, its been removed. good. :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

What had happened? Did I miss something? :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Another spammer.

Arthur
      Spectator

Oh ok. Bye bye spammer.

Viewing 318 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.