• Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

so i saw this a few minutes ago

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_6686

what do you all think?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I guess that’s cool, I’ll probably still board here only though.

blueczarina
      Spectator

interesting.

i may check it out, but i’m sure i will still just stick to here and thepumpkins.net though. plus, i doubt it will be long lived anyway. :roll:

Pipoka
      Spectator

I guess that’s cool, I’ll probably still board here only though.[/quote:3ietthbh]

same here…

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’ll still board on here…and over there as long as it doesn’t end up like it was…ugh

Arthur
      Spectator

I guess that’s cool, I’ll probably still board here only though.[/quote:cby3eq5d]
      Same. My precious quality forum time is with you here. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

One upside is the Pumpkins themselves would possibly pop in and comment here and there (maybe).

I’d like to post on sp.com and here as my main two ‘community links.’

Indeed, it’d take some major Moderation, the place would be like Flies round a Honeypot. :)

def would be, it would have to have 24 hr mods. but it would be cool to have the band post here and there.

did you see the band pics have changed over there. they are no longer the ones from tttwmli video.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I haven’t been over there this week, so will be sure to do so in a wee while, b.

Cheers for the heads-up, or ‘dibs,’ as us Brits are known to say. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

One upside is the Pumpkins themselves would possibly pop in and comment here and there (maybe).[/quote:2ueqjqtd]
      Yeah maybe. But what would such forum add to the already existing forums everywhere? There are boards everywhere, in Russian, Spanish, English, Polish, Italian, French, and possibly also other languages. There are country boards in Italy, Australia, UK, Poland, just to name a few. I think it would be way more cool if the band posts on those boards, and if it was to me, they can forget about the reincarnation of the O-Board. Instead, they better have a list with all the boards available, and give them some promotion.

"The biggest of them all: Blamo."
      "You silly collectors: go to SPfreaks."
      "Can’t live without a daily Pumpkins’ nag? Netphoria."
      "etc."

:lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

A, please don’t go all intelligent on me today luv, I’ve taken those pills this evening. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Well being that it was the band’s site I could see why it should go on, but yeah there are a lot of other boards to post on if people want. And not to mention it would be great to have Pumpkins lurking the sites and posting…
      They are the reason why we post on SP board right?
      Here the hell have you been Arthur-I was wondering about you..lol

amnesia
      Spectator

Looks interesting tbh.

blueczarina
      Spectator

"The biggest of them all: Blamo."
      "You silly collectors: go to SPfreaks."
      "Can’t live without a daily Pumpkins’ nag? Netphoria."
      "etc."

:lol:[/quote:1ldoplwt]

hey, you forgot thepumpkins.net. :P the site PMM wishes sp.com was like. they told us themselves while being pissy on thepumpkins.net. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Here the hell have you been Arthur-I was wondering about you..lol[/quote:16gxnwya]
      My girlfriend moved in with me last weekend, I was showing her around in the house and the garden. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

hey, you forgot thepumpkins.net. :P the site PMM wishes sp.com was like. they told us themselves while being pissy on thepumpkins.net. :wink:[/quote:327an9xf]
      Don’t understand the "they told us themselves while being pissy on thepumpkins.net" part? Who was pissy, and who gave a compliment to who anyway?

But yeah, don’t forget them of course. SP.com should give Murder 25,000 US$ and a few VIP-tickets to the Anniversary shows in November, and then integrate the whole bunch into SP.com. :wink:

Marcella
      Spectator

^ And other parts of the house too, of course :lol:.

Well I guess it’s cool. But I’m the kind who can only be in one forum at a time, and this is my choice.

pmm told murder that thepumpkins.net was everything he wanted sp.com to be. and he said that while being on a pissy rant about the articals.

they should just change it over to thepumpkins.net, then pmm could just partner up with murder. he does run a tight ship over there, just like you all do over here.

Arthur
      Spectator

^ And other parts of the house too, of course :lol:.

Well I guess it’s cool. But I’m the kind who can only be in one forum at a time, and this is my choice.[/quote:1xrnn8rj]
      What do you think? :lol:

But yeah, I have the same. I’ve gone through the stage of making friends here, and I don’t need to go through that again, I mean, why should I? I can be my humble, silly, arrogant and helpful self here, and that’s all I need for the moment.

Arthur
      Spectator

pmm told murder that thepumpkins.net was everything he wanted sp.com to be. and he said that while being on a pissy rant about the articals.

they should just change it over to thepumpkins.net, then pmm could just partner up with murder. he does run a tight ship over there, just like you all do over here.[/quote:1cc8mkhd]
      What pissy rant about what articles? Was this posted by PMM on ThePumpkins.net maybe? Still not getting it completely, sorry… :oops:

I’m not sure if Murder wants that, but I don’t know. I would want to stay independant, if I was ever asked.

Anonymous
      Spectator

To make you feel a bit better, Arthur, my main interest would be riling up those who thought they owned the band, etc. :wink:

As a girl named Shirley, of course…

Anonymous
      Spectator

i would hope that whatever they do on the o board it better not be as slow as pumpkins.net
      that’s why I hardly go there any more-it’s too slow

no i don’t think murder wants that.

i will find the thread for you if i can arthur, it was people complaining about the articals, and the selection process in general, and pmm got on there and was being pissy, but he had a reason to be, people were rilled up, and so was he, but everyone kissed and made up.

niteshyft
      Spectator

The O-board was good in it’s incarnation, but it felt hampered later on. There was the usual drama that tends to go with every board. It was to be expected I think. I’ll give Billy & Co. credit though, they did their best to be interactive with the fans. The Gish chat they did was a lot of fun and I wish they had done more of those. The board won’t hurt any of the communities, it may actually help. New fans find the O-board and then through word of mouth or people just mentioning other boards they eventually meander over and become members. I’ve been in the communities since 96 and the die hards never go anywhere else. (I say this and I’m posting on a site that isn’t the one I work for LOL) Just saying that the board will help not hurt. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

no i don’t think murder wants that.

i will find the thread for you if i can arthur, it was people complaining about the articals, and the selection process in general, and pmm got on there and was being pissy, but he had a reason to be, people were rilled up, and so was he, but everyone kissed and made up.[/quote:1b90j9yw]

i still gave PMM shit myself. i refuse to be one of those fans who kisses everybody’s ass, who might know Billy. i thought PMM was a bit condescending and rude by coming over there and i still do.

i like to raise a bit of hell though 8) but mostly i just think that person was an ass and i refuse to kiss ass.

Anonymous
      Spectator

lol
      I don’t really kiss anyones ass-just chit chat…I didn’t know PMM was whining about that shit stated above, it’s kinda funny
      oh well it will still be nice to have our SP.com back

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe :lol:

yeah, i don’t think you were on thepumpkins.net when all the fun happened. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I think I signed up like a day or 2 later…That site is just too slow for me..I”m all about fast pace..and if I can get the new meg speed for 1/2 price I might have to, but it won’t matter if I am on pumpkins.net cuz they don’t have that kinds speed…

pmm posted in the thread over there about the new message board, here is the link

http://www.thepumpkins.net/component/op … 193/#52193

blueczarina
      Spectator

interesting

Anonymous
      Spectator

the sooner this gets going the better :)

Viewing 30 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.